Stanning for blackberry aside. Isn't it rather outdated to rely on any blackberry 10 device alone in 2017? I find myself using snapchat a lot. That alone would make me wait several months for the Blackberry Mecury .
    12-28-16 01:10 PM
    Yes using priv but passport any day

Posted via CB10
    Ditto

on the road with my BlackBerry
    12-28-16 10:33 PM
    I bought one during the blackfriday sale and so far I like it a lot. Coming from iphone 7 and the S7 edge. Will probably use this as my daily driver until mercury or higher speced keyboard phone made by TCL.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-16 11:45 PM
    And to date, they do that better than any other mobile OS on the market.

Posted via CB10 on PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2049
    You think so?
    Blackberry hub is just an app, there will be/are similar apps on other OS's with better developer support.
    Sooner/later, any of you will realize that productivity isn't about emails, you can't even do office task properly on BB10. It couldn't be tool, or even toy..
    12-29-16 02:43 AM
    Blackberry hub is just an app, there will be/are similar apps on other OS's with better developer support.
    Please can you give some example ?

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    12-29-16 03:14 AM
    You think so?
    Sooner/later, any of you will realize that productivity isn't about emails, you can't even do office task properly on BB10. It couldn't be tool, or even toy..
    Yes please enlighten us with similar apps and or OS's which have an integrated HUB all with this so called better developer support?

Ps by the way can do Office tasks on a Passport way better than can do on Samsung S7. As Passport comes out of the box with Docs to Go fully integrated in the OS.

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    moyah8 likes this.
    12-29-16 03:22 AM
    Please can you give some example ?
    Posted via CB10
    Yes please enlighten us with similar apps and or OS's which have an integrated HUB all with this so called better developer support?

Ps by the way can do Office tasks on a Passport way better than can do on Samsung S7. As Passport comes out of the box with Docs to Go fully integrated in the OS.
    Google inbox? disa maybe? I don't really know since I'm not fully into all in one inbox users, I personally use outlook and it works great managing all my mail and calendar across my phone and laptop. I'm not mixing my mail with mess (say facebook/twitter notifications), the mess stay with stock android notification center. Havent used it for a while since it came to android, but sure it's not worth monthly paying.

Would you still buy a Passport today?-screenshot_20161229-180145.png

Docs to go is buggy. Many times my fonts and graphs in files were changed due to incompatible format. It's shame that device marketed as productivity tool using this apps. You actually can do better with your S7 if you take a minute to dive into playstore and find more useful similar apps
    12-29-16 05:12 AM
    Yes it is
    Not at all, I don't need Android app to watch YouTube, listen to music, listen to Web radios, read the Web, take some notes, be on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn...

Posted via CB10
    12-29-16 05:28 AM
    Hi all,

I was just given this Passport SQW100-1 from my uncle who got it from work and told he turned it on once about 6 months ago, then never used it again. All original, black, and I think it's locked to Rogers (we are in Toronto).

I have no idea what to do with this device. I am a die hard Android user, owned Nexus 4, 5, 6, and now a Pixel. Is this phone/device worth keeping? I do a ton of international travel so the size is kind of an issue for me. I'm always excited for now toys to play with and this is definitely a keeper based on the hardware specifications. But i'm a bit lost atm. Is it able to be unlocked as well by me without going through the Rogers channels?
    Ideally, since I am coming from a pure android experience, I would love to just be able to install a custom ROM like I do on my android devices and run only android on it, but no idea if that is even possible.

Thanks
    I don't understand how the size could be a problem giving the fact that you had a Nexus 6 or a Pixel.

You can not install Android on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-16 05:31 AM
    Not at all, I don't need Android app to watch YouTube, listen to music, listen to Web radios, read the Web, take some notes, be on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn...
    Posted via CB10
    That doesn't count on specific users like you, if user's need actually that simple blackberry might be able to sell more BB10 devices. Commonly user's need isn't static like yours, this time you may need just those and feel fully supported by your phone.
    12-29-16 06:00 AM
    That doesn't count on specific users like you, if user's need actually that simple blackberry might be able to sell more BB10 devices. Commonly user's need isn't static like yours, this time you may need just those and feel fully supported by your phone.
    Tell me how long have used a BB10OS device?

moyah8 likes this.
    12-29-16 06:12 AM
    Yes! And bought SE
    YesAndNo likes this.
    12-29-16 06:16 AM

This I'm also keen to hear him/her address, as some points they have made, which to me shows a lack of experience with BB10 os, or the Hub for that matter.

Posted via CB10 on PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2049
    12-29-16 06:28 AM

Z30, 9 months. That was back in late 2013. Why? I'm on android now, any reason to go back?
    12-29-16 06:46 AM
    Z30, 9 months. That was back in late 2013. Why? I'm on android now, any reason to go back?
    Basically over 3 years ago..you make statements on HUB and overall 10OS that are not correct. Enjoy your Android.
    Case closed.

moyah8 likes this.
    12-29-16 06:52 AM

Ps by the way can do Office tasks on a Passport way better than can do on Samsung S7. As Passport comes out of the box with Docs to Go fully integrated
    Not everyone works with Hub like apps.
    And FYI, MANY work with Microsoft Office and not Docs to Go.

I do agree that Hub is simply amazing for someone whos used to BB10. But even BlackBerry itself is leaving it and goes to Android with DTEKs. So somehow many people out there know what OS they want to work with, and it is unfortunately not BB10.
    12-29-16 06:57 AM
    Not everyone works with Hub like apps.
    And FYI, MANY work with Microsoft Office and not Docs to Go.

I do agree that Hub is simply amazing for someone whos used to BB10. But even BlackBerry itself is leaving it and goes to Android with DTEKs. So somehow many people out there know what OS they want to work with, and it is unfortunately not BB10.
    Use Office on my laptop but do not need to install on my phone because have DocstoGo. Save on huge installs

Second..BlackBerry has brought the HUB with their secured Android. Please learn and visit Google Playstore..HUB and HUB services all there.

12-29-16 07:03 AM
    Just got the white version, and I'm very impressed how could I have had a different form factor for all this time??!! This is the best if you don't mind all the attention it gets

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    12-29-16 07:27 AM
    Basically over 3 years ago..you make statements on HUB and overall 10OS that are not correct. Enjoy your Android.
    Case closed.
    It was actually mid 2014 when I moved. Its 2 years ago. And yah, the hard time. Which one I was actually wrong? I just stated what I experienced unbiasly..

Use Office on my laptop but do not need to install on my phone because have DocstoGo. Save on huge installs
    Sounds like a d*mn excuse to me. It's the world where having options is a bad thing.
    12-29-16 10:02 AM
    Wrong..?? You ask..
    First comparing HUB to Google Inbox? They are completely different...it's like comparing Excel to a calculator app.
    Second comparing HUB to DISA?..disa has no plugins for Instagram, Facbeook/Messenger chats, Twitter, LinkedIn..and on and on..please there is no comparison.

Good luck with your Inbox and Disa.....

jefbeard911 likes this.
    12-29-16 10:27 AM
    Wrong..?? You ask..
    First comparing HUB to Google Inbox? They are completely different...it's like comparing Excel to a calculator app.
    Second comparing HUB to DISA?..disa has no plugins for Instagram, Facbeook/Messenger chats, Twitter, LinkedIn..and on and on..please there is no comparison.
    I didn't say I'm using google inbox. I just said maybe it offers similar features.

There are many office apps in playstore, with better format compatibility, sharing options, and group editing feature than docstogo. You could simply say that you use docstogo because you have nothing else available in bbw.
    Last edited by chain13; 12-29-16 at 06:19 PM.
    12-29-16 10:52 AM
    Your lack of knowledge about what you are talking about, contradicting yourself and now laughing shows a a disrespect to this forum. Goodbye

moyah8 likes this.
    12-29-16 11:23 AM
    Jst got a SE yestrday loving it.

Posted via CB10
    YesAndNo likes this.
    12-29-16 12:28 PM
    Your lack of knowledge about what you are talking about, contradicting yourself and now laughing shows a a disrespect to this forum. Goodbye

Then, find me office apps from bbw that have better format compatibility, sharing, and group editing for your passport !!! Except docstogo.

Ups.. zero..
    12-29-16 06:18 PM
    Some of us don't use the play store...
    We are computer illiterate
    Or uncomfortable doing so...

Posted via CB10
    12-29-16 09:52 PM
2,427 ... 8081828384 ...