Netime for a Passport....

Posted via CB10
    12-23-16 12:41 AM
    Yes using priv but passport any day

Posted via CB10
    12-23-16 04:32 AM
    So I've been using an OG Passport for quite a while. Miss my Z30 form factor once in a while. Back in April I bought an SE off the CB Marketplace. Didn't set it up right away, but eventually did and it took me a while to realize it had the double type issue. Too long for me to try to return.
    So I've read and read. I've always updated to the latest OS's and my SE still has double type. So I still use my OG Passport. But I would like to move to the SE as my main phone. Has anyone run across a permanent solution? Some keep saying it's a hardware issue, but I've still not run across anyone that's replaced the keyboard and has ended up with a permanent fix.
    Any help/thoughts are appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-16 10:44 AM
    Two month ago (aprox) I purchased another Passport OG from a kijiji seller. When I made the deal I was in a huge rush and did not take the time to do a proper inspection which made my excellent price of $200Cnd not such a good deal after all. With the sun shining so bright I missed a tiny chip of glass missing from the side which I can only explain as damage from a tool used to pry up on the screen due to the screen lift it had. Also I noticed that the spacebar did not have the same spring as the other keys or my other Passport.
    I had to wait for Amazon to get some more parts in stock so now I have just ordered a new screen and keyboard. I could have bought a brand new Passport for that total cost
    The bright side to this is the current screen is not a total waste and I can repair it I think once removed. Also I will gain experience in disassembling my Passport and reassembling which I love fixing things so that works for me. So I guess there is always a bright side depending on your point of view.

I guess my answer is yes I would buy a Passport today cause this phone is the best hardware and software I've ever used. Yes there are some apps lacking but I don't use all the latest Snapchat like apps. I have all the core features of a smartphone that work incredibly well and suites my needs.

Updated:

Just finished repairing my spare (backup) Passport and good for a while.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 415779
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 01-13-17 at 02:16 PM.
    12-25-16 06:43 AM
    Just did. Original PP. Put aside my iphone SE for a good while I think.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    12-25-16 09:16 AM
    Just bought an SE again this week

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 and YesAndNo like this.
    12-25-16 11:54 AM
    There is no way I would recommend that, its time we all move along.
    Android is the future for BlackBerry there is no turning back.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-16 12:21 PM
    So I've been using an OG Passport for quite a while. Miss my Z30 form factor once in a while. Back in April I bought an SE off the CB Marketplace. Didn't set it up right away, but eventually did and it took me a while to realize it had the double type issue. Too long for me to try to return.
    So I've read and read. I've always updated to the latest OS's and my SE still has double type. So I still use my OG Passport. But I would like to move to the SE as my main phone. Has anyone run across a permanent solution? Some keep saying it's a hardware issue, but I've still not run across anyone that's replaced the keyboard and has ended up with a permanent fix.

Posted via CB10
    I would replace the keyboard. Nothing else is proliferating double type. Just that and software.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    saxxman likes this.
    12-25-16 12:34 PM
    All depends on apps and whether what you need is available on BBW or the Amazon App Store.
    12-25-16 10:25 PM
    Seems like having a Passport is once life/history opportunity. People shouldn't lose this chance in their lives. I have a SE and I recommend SE.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 and ppeters914 like this.
    12-26-16 04:09 AM
    Oh Yes!

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    12-26-16 06:41 PM
    What a nice phone Mac, wonder can it run whatsapp after new year?
    I don't get why people are going bananas over the fact that whatsapp is ending support on BlackBerry 10.
    I'm using the android version I downloaded from the PlayStore perfectly on my passport! And will work long after the BlackBerry 10 version is discontinued!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 08:26 PM
    Seems like having a Passport is once life/history opportunity. People shouldn't lose this chance in their lives. I have a SE and I recommend SE.

Posted via CB10
    On the contrary....the passport is an excellent secondary device, especially when you need it for work to streamline your emails. There's stuff it does amazingly while other stuff it cannot. I would not recommend it as a sole device unless you like living in the dark ages. You need an iphone atleast to keep up with the rest of the world.

Posted via CB10
    duckbites likes this.
    12-26-16 08:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not too familiar with PP double typing issue so take what I have to say with some caution but back in the day the Q10 suffered from double typing issues (search Q10 forums for detail) and it was a hardware issue.

He Hates These Cans! - Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Passport
    12-26-16 10:10 PM
    I don't get why people are going bananas over the fact that whatsapp is ending support on BlackBerry 10.
    I'm using the android version I downloaded from the PlayStore perfectly on my passport! And will work long after the BlackBerry 10 version is discontinued!

Posted via CB10
    Good Point

How is Hub integration with the Android version?

12-26-16 10:12 PM
    Don't over think it

It's 200 bucks for a top of the line BB10 device. Just do it. It won't be the last phone you buy.

12-26-16 10:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    I wonder will blackberry still update their android emulator, because one thing that keep their BB10 devices alive is ability to run android apps.
    12-27-16 04:40 AM
    I wonder will blackberry still update their android emulator, because one thing that keep their BB10 devices alive is ability to run android apps.
    Highly doubt this...as BlackBerry future road is tainted Android flavour...although...Never Say Never..

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    12-27-16 05:31 AM
    Defo yes, just bought a second Passport before all the new ones are sold, had a DTEK50 for a few days, this is an android piece of junk with BlackBerry hub attached
    12-27-16 08:56 AM
    Highly doubt this...as BlackBerry future road is tainted Android flavour...although...Never Say Never..

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    Without android emulation BB10 devices only capable of handling emails and calendars
    12-27-16 07:36 PM
    On the contrary....the passport is an excellent secondary device, especially when you need it for work to streamline your emails. There's stuff it does amazingly while other stuff it cannot. I would not recommend it as a sole device unless you like living in the dark ages. You need an iphone atleast to keep up with the rest of the world.

Posted via CB10
    I understand why you would say this, as about six months ago, I would have agreed. I have an iPhone and a Droid that I have on my personal line (I switch between the Droid and iPhone at times with SIM card swap on weekends). I used to think that I absolutely had to have another phone to back up my Passport. But for ME, I discovered that I do not need a backup phone. I have found that the Passport does EVERYTHING I need, with the Cobalt modded Playstore added. All the Apps I want work. The Passport runs them well, and I love working WIDE on the Passport with the big keyboard. So I stopped switching out to my iPhone and Droid on weekends about a month ago, and guess what? I'm just fine. Actually, more than fine.

I happen to be a music guru and I have a 32 meg SD card full of FLAC music files on my Passport. The Passport has a wonderful music server built in that WILL stream FLAC Natively to a DLNA Music Receiver. That is a SERIOUS perk as an Audiophile. Big time. I bet half of the people using BB10 do not realize how powerful the built in Music Server is. And as a SUPER bonus? Blackberry 10 on the Passport does Bluetooth Apt-X Right Out Of The Box for LOSSLESS Streaming to a Bluetooth Apt-X Receiver. Amazing. That was the final straw. My iPhone (that does NOT do FLAC files natively NOR does it stream Apt-X Bluetooth Lossless), just lost the music streaming race in my household. As a matter of fact, I'm streaming music from it this very minute to a DLNA Receiver (lossless WiFi HiFi) then on to a Yamaha CA-1010 Vintage Receiver - 100 watts out to Klipsch Tower speakers. Audiophile heaven thanks to Passport and BB10. Neither iPhone nor Droid can stream FLAC files natively (without App loads) via DLNA or Airplay or Atp-X. With BB10, it's built into the OS architecture. How cool is that?

Of course mileage varies. Some may indeed need an iPhone or a Droid to back up the Passport, but try it first. If you properly install the Cobalt Playstore and then load the Apps you want (a few may need to be "Patched" but this is well explained here on CB in the Cobalt Thread) and THEN see if the Passport doesn't do it all for you.

I have the Passport on the business line and love it, but lately, I just keep rolling with it as my daily driver all weekend.... and love it just as much.
    12-27-16 08:00 PM
    Without android emulation BB10 devices only capable of handling emails and calendars
    Oh come on. Really?

No rebuttal necessary.

YesAndNo likes this.
    12-27-16 08:05 PM
    Oh come on. Really?

No rebuttal necessary.

Yes it is
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    12-27-16 08:19 PM
    ...... BB10 devices only capable of handling emails and calendars
    And to date, they do that better than any other mobile OS on the market.

Posted via CB10 on PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2049
    12-28-16 11:00 AM
    Hi all,

I was just given this Passport SQW100-1 from my uncle who got it from work and told he turned it on once about 6 months ago, then never used it again. All original, black, and I think it's locked to Rogers (we are in Toronto).

I have no idea what to do with this device. I am a die hard Android user, owned Nexus 4, 5, 6, and now a Pixel. Is this phone/device worth keeping? I do a ton of international travel so the size is kind of an issue for me. I'm always excited for now toys to play with and this is definitely a keeper based on the hardware specifications. But i'm a bit lost atm. Is it able to be unlocked as well by me without going through the Rogers channels?
    Ideally, since I am coming from a pure android experience, I would love to just be able to install a custom ROM like I do on my android devices and run only android on it, but no idea if that is even possible.

Thanks
    12-28-16 12:18 PM
2,427 ... 7980818283 ...