Yes Passport for me is my lifeline . I have two devices . If need arises will not hesitate to go for another one .
    11-14-16 12:45 PM
    Because of a few of my main apps are gone and or have needed crucial updates I would make the switch to an android device. I'll wait to see what dtek70 or whatever they will call the next pkb device.

-love the passport-but I haven't bothered to figure out how to put android apps...

Losing whatsapp will be the nail in the coffin

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 05:56 PM
    Because of a few of my main apps are gone and or have needed crucial updates I would make the switch to an android device. I'll wait to see what dtek70 or whatever they will call the next pkb device.

-love the passport-but I haven't bothered to figure out how to put android apps...

Losing whatsapp will be the nail in the coffin

Posted via CB10
    Not having taken the time to figure out how to install an Android app on BB10 seems kind of like a half hearted effort.
    Perhaps you are the type of person that would be much happier on the Android platform.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 07:31 PM
    I have been using FB on the browser and have been enjoying the experience more than the struggles I faced with the apps. I still figure I will get through 2017 with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Easily. In my opinion, the people that complain about the lack of apps are exaggerating a bit. I'm not a big app guy but I noticed that everything on my iPad (which arguably has more apps than bb10 and android) I have pretty much the same apps (or in some cases the 3rd party equivalent) as I do on my Passport and Z30. The few android apps I do have on here are not from an outside source, either BlackBerry World ports or straight from the Amazon App store. Couldn't be happier. I'm sure you'll be alright through 2017.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    11-14-16 08:21 PM
    Yes I would still buy a Passport today, only I'd get the Silver Edition.
    11-14-16 08:47 PM
    YES SE

Posted via CB10
    11-14-16 11:38 PM
    BlackBerry Passport is still very good

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 03:55 AM
    Just got my BlackBerry Passport last week. So excited.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-16 08:17 AM
    We just bought two....I have been a die heart BlackBerry guy since the legendary 9600 . I and my wife just bought two BBPP SE next to my white OG. My wife had been using SG4 Android. I have been raving about BlackBerry and she just listened the folks outside saying that BlackBerry is 'dead'. It is a fact that when I stepped into any retailers I was always discouraged to have a BlackBerry since Z10 was released. When the prices cut half, I bought two SE, one for my wife and one for myself. I have been using PP OG for about three months and I loved it. SE is the cream de la cream of the smartphone world. Now listen to this, clearly I know about BlackBerry a bit, but my wife didn't know much about it. Since she started to use it, she comes and talks highly about it,every evening, she just loves it. She says that, the elegance , the design, the longevity of the battery, size of the screen, pkb , BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry Flaw are just amazing. She didn't love the device only but also the BB10. As she never experienced such multitasking until her SE; today, she even asked me whether it is a good idea to buy more BlackBerry Passports for the future due to the manufacturing is over. She is worried that she cannot have it again. But what really fascinates me that how many people are asking and loving her new PP SE and none of them knew about it or had ever seen a BBPP in their lives; even pictures of it. Don't get me wrong, we live in Queens-NY and my wife is a paralegal at a law firm. Truly, the gap of apps is a myth. We have almost every necessary app from BBW and/or Amazon. We have been using BBM since it became cross platform now we have video chat between us, too. I wish video chat would be cross platform too but it seems that will never happen considering most of our circle uses either IOS or Android. This device is the best smartphone I have ever used and my wife says the same. I,too, believe that BB10 is an excellent OS. It is very sad to see its end. Like a very good and old friend is leaving forever. Sincerely, I would like to congratulate the designers of BlackBerry10 PP family as they have created truly an iconic device.

We are committed to use our BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition w| BB10 until it falls apart.

9600 Bold (died) +9650 (died) +9800 Torch (lost) +3 Playbooks (kids) (still working and using) +Z10 (still working)+Q5 (lost)+Q10 (died)+Z30 (still working)+Passport OG (my backup phone)+Passport SE (currently using)
    Would you still buy a Passport today?-img_20161111_110452.jpg

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 11:27 PM
    Silver would be my pick.
    11-20-16 02:39 AM
    Just install Amazon App Store and/or Snap in you passport and you're good to go. Apks are also easily installed once downloaded.

Passport user
    11-20-16 04:05 AM
    Still loving my Passport. When the provider gave me a new Samsung S5 more than a year ago, I did not have second thoughts of just keeping my Passport and giving the Samsung to my wife instead. I can do what I need to do with the Passport and never failed me.

Passport user
    11-20-16 04:09 AM
    Can't say.Because BB has stopped making BB10 devices and even whatsapp is also withdrawing their support
    11-20-16 05:29 AM
    Still love this beastie PPSE bought right at release. And would buy today if needed a new cell. As for whatsapp as some have mentioned, I purposely deleted my account after the Facebook opt out fiasco. Family and friends can reach me in any of multiple other ways. To each their own.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 05:51 AM
    Hi Bosniac, can you please tell me if on your 2 Passports does the keyboard lighten up evenly across? On mine the letters on the right side the Q A Z and on the left side P the return key and the enter keys are brighter then the rest of them. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-20-16 10:10 AM
    Hi Gang!

I was an early adopter of the BB Passport OG. I tinkered and tweaked it but was a little frustrated with some app issues. I eventually sold it. Fast forward to today and I have been through ALOT of phones since then and I plan to order a new OG tomorrow on Amazon for $193, (great price). I was tempted by the Silver Edition however I'm a cheap guy and I just don't see $50 more of phone so to speak. Aesthetics simply aren't that important to me, especially when it comes to the cash lol

I have an iPhone 6S Plus which I own and the Passport will be my daily driver. The iPhone will be my portable media device basically. I actually look forward to tweaking the Passport to reflect my usage needs this time around and the app gap was always a little overblown for me so I see no issues on deck. Cobalt has done a great job helping everyone get the Google Play store and services to be very functional and with BB World and Access to Amazon apps I don't see myself missing much if anything in the app department.

I'll have my new OG by Tuesday! Can't wait
    11-20-16 12:57 PM
    Realizing I wouldn't be satisfied until I at least owned one. Today I ordered a SE off Ebay, hopefully as other purchases it turns out to be good. At the moment not sure if it will replace my At&t version or be used for special occasions. Now can't wait for it to arrive.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    11-20-16 03:09 PM
    Hi thp007, my passports' keyboard light is even.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 09:53 AM
    Thanks Bosniac

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 10:19 AM
    I just picked up my first blackberry passport, I love it! I ditched my iPhone 6 plus for it.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-16 10:21 AM
    With the price of the Passport lately how could you not?!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-16 06:07 PM
    Just took advantage of the pricing on the SE. I have a black OG. Can wait to get it.

Posted via Black Passport
    11-22-16 06:30 PM
    I just picked up my first blackberry passport, I love it! I ditched my iPhone 6 plus for it.

Posted via CB10
    I'm about 3 months in with my SE and everyday I love it just a little bit more.

Posted via CB10 on my PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    11-23-16 03:18 AM
    Realizing I wouldn't be satisfied until I at least owned one. Today I ordered a SE off Ebay, hopefully as other purchases it turns out to be good. At the moment not sure if it will replace my At&t version or be used for special occasions. Now can't wait for it to arrive.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    Just arrived and Wow beautiful looking and feeling device. I think my other passport will be taking a vacation :-) but I should have ordered a case at the same time.

Posted Via my Great Z30
    Attachment 412821
    Attachment 412822
    11-23-16 02:20 PM
    Ordered a backup OG on Amazon. I don't know if prices on this old stock will get better. I would really like an SE for a little less.

I have had a white spot on my screen on both Passports I've used so far. Not a big deal. Double-typing on my ATT is becoming an issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-16 09:15 PM
2,427 ... 7576777879 ...