Just incase this helps anyone having trouble with Link / Blend and Windows 10, I got mine to work by uninstalling Link and then running C Cleaner (the clean registry option) then reinstalled Link & Blend and it worked.
    I'm running Windows 10
    Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3199986)

Which came on 10/27/2016 in my case
    wlmss likes this.
    10-28-16 05:29 PM
    Just incase this helps anyone having trouble with Link / Blend and Windows 10, I got mine to work by uninstalling Link and then running C Cleaner (the clean registry option) then reinstalled Link & Blend and it worked.
    I'm running Windows 10
    Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3199986)

Which came on 10/27/2016 in my case
    Do you have a record of what registry keys were cleaned / cleared?
    10-28-16 06:10 PM
    Get CCleaner which is incredible.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 07:32 PM
    Unfortunately, given the indicated of major sw no longer supporting BlackBerry 10, plus no further enhancements, no I would not purchase a BlackBerry 10 device.

The BlackBerry Passport is an awesome device that should have attracted sales, it did not Unfortunately.

I am not a fan of either Apple or Android devices, hence will wait to see if Windows 10 devices become popular.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-16 07:40 PM
    Unfortunately, given the indicated of major sw no longer supporting BlackBerry 10, plus no further enhancements, no I would not purchase a BlackBerry 10 device.

The BlackBerry Passport is an awesome device that should have attracted sales, it did not Unfortunately.

I am not a fan of either Apple or Android devices, hence will wait to see if Windows 10 devices become popular.

Posted via CB10
    That was my thinking for a few days. I was even starting to research Microsoft/Windows smartphones.

Then I was sitting in an airport restaurant at 0600 making notes, exchanging BBM messages with my wife, reading and responding to emails, checking emails from forum subscriptions...and I thought, I don't want to use another device, I can go another couple years, but I need a backup just in case something happens to this.

So I got home and ordered the Silver, and one for my wife. Except I decided to use the Silver and make the Original my backup, which maybe I mentioned.

I'll go another 2-4 years and then probably have to make a decision. I'm not bailing out just yet.
    G_Unit MVP and wlmss like this.
    10-28-16 08:02 PM
    I'm not bailing either. I love my passport. It's my ride or die device. My students marveled this week on what it was.....early 20s and had never seen one before.

Posted via CB10
    G_Unit MVP and wlmss like this.
    10-28-16 09:03 PM
    No, sorry I didn't pay close enough attention.
    10-29-16 01:10 AM
    I would buy it. If I can get the apk for whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 02:05 AM
    Good thing there are easy wireless peripherals that you can buy. I debated about this buy for a long time, I picked the SE for its superior shell. Funny, I guess the ATT variant is supreme.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-16 03:46 AM
    Well, yes and no. I wish BlackBerry would just improve Android, because the BB10 OS combined with the reach of Android would just be the winning combo.
    But to answer the question, I don't think I'd buy it today knowing that BlackBerry basically pulled the plug on itself, but I am glad to still have it

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 10:38 AM
    Yes I would
    Have two se one unboxed in the same room my cigars are...
    I don' care much about bb10 updates as I know it suits well for my needs and is stable. To be honest the built quality is outstanding and the feel of steel and rubber in my hand beats it all.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-16 11:22 AM
    Oh, now you switch to Mac issues. I get it.

Nevermind...
    The point is that YOU DON"T get it.... That's the point..
    But... oh.. nevermind, I've wasted enough time with you.
    11-04-16 03:27 AM
    No, the editor mentioned both Windows and Mac because that is the quote from BB.
    And the fact is, that OS10 can't be relied upon with either of their updates.
    End of discussion children.
    11-04-16 03:30 AM
    I just bought a red passport with existing black passport. Not a fan of android apps. So far I only used Skype which is work well for me.

Now I always have over 150% battery juice. Definitely worth investing than a battery pack as I can do much more.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 04:10 AM
    Initially I said yes. Now...it seems harder and harder to do stuff. It's a great experience, and for what I do/need it's ideal. I cannot help but feel a slight pang of jealousy when I see others zip by with the latest stuff.
    It is annoying for that cliche question of how could I use this thing -- also I find it interesting they are intrigued and misinformed..like most of the head down crowd I run into.
    But I know the topic. Now I will say I am not so sure.
    I really like the format, BB10 and that I can do the work I need to.
    I don't like that the android I apps I use are bogging the phone down.
    I think we have the equivalent of superior flip phones. Android makes me uncomfortable as everyone I know whom has it complains about slowdowns, crashes and heat. Everyone whom has an iOS device are either in an ignorant game swiping stupor or happy almost to the point of drool coming out of their mouths until you see them run to a wall with a charger, or a smashed screen.
    I personally don't like either choice, so i guess I'm stuck unless I dust off my Samsung Blackjack with win CE. But I went to BlackBerry to get away from that systems issues.
    I will say a maybe.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 06:35 AM
    The point is that YOU DON"T get it.... That's the point..
    But... oh.. nevermind, I've wasted enough time with you.
    Move on dude...
    11-04-16 08:50 AM
    Unfortunately, sad to say, but it's time has come and gone.
    11-04-16 10:51 AM
    Yep. But is has to be better that the one I have.

Step up your game John Chen!

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    11-04-16 05:03 PM
    Move on dude...
    You have no authority to tell anyone what to do.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-16 06:22 PM
    Of course I would..and you know what??!!
    I did!!!
    Next week will receive Passport Black..yes the Black Beauty is coming.
    No other device on the market today can give me what the Passport...and that to all is so F...IN AMazing!

Passport your are just so good! Advance for its Time and Advance at today's Time!

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    11-04-16 06:43 PM
    Bought the 1st PassPort when it launched in Q4 2014. Enjoyed it for a while. I am an admirer of all platforms ( a gadget ***** so to speak). I have always had much respect for BB since the RIM days. Have used numerous devices through the last 2 decades. 2 weeks ago I purchased a Sliver Edition. One of the most solid and elegant devices I have ever had. I have side-loaded Android apps through the Cobalt process. My essential ones work well enough. I will likely retain this as my 2nd or back up device when I purchase my next Android. I do hope BlackBerry will introduce a 'high spec' qwerty in the next few months running on Android. My ideal device would be a cross between the PassPort and Classic in design. I hear the Mercury/Rome device will have 'mid line specs'. Disappointment. Hope that changes.
    11-04-16 09:37 PM
    Yes I would! I think many new buyers would too if they could see it in action. Recently, as I have used my Passport out and about a lot more, a number of people have stopped me and admired it. I was quite surprised as that has not happened to me before. They have asked if they can look at it and try it as it's the first they have seen. It's a shame BlackBerry were not able to get it out to a wider range of outlets or in every day business use. I bought mine online without ever holding one. In offices the Classic is often the business unit distributed to staff. We had a Blackberry stall visit and the staff told me just how close Blackberry came to launching an Android Passport but that it was pulled at the last minute. I looked it up on Google and read that the square screen format would have meant too many software tweaks. If only.....
    11-05-16 01:51 PM
    I have owned a lot of devices from iPhones to Huawei, and nothing beats the clarify and loudness of the Blackberry Passports dual speakers, I have it on the lowest volume on speaker phone and its still a little too loud!

But for me these are the things that count in a phone, because you can have all the apps in the world but when you don't have basic proper phone working functions its useless, and the phones I have had in the past all have mediocre speakers and couldn't clearly hear people on the phone.

Not to mention I am getting FULL signal bars with 4G, which I never used to get with my other devices, its amazing.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    11-05-16 03:04 PM
    Thanks to Cobalts work, I have Google Plus, Hangouts, and Cortana on my phone. Amazon prime music works like a charm. It is the best middle ground for Google and Microsoft. And the keyboard and battery life. Wow.

Cobalt donation coming your way.

FYI, patch the apps his playstore downloads, instead of from the net. That does the job.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-16 05:51 PM
    I thought so until I saw some video taken with a new Moto Z. My passport can't even take a decent still shot. Video is jumpy and blurry. It's been like that since new. I've tried all the setting. Camera is complete garbage. This is the end of the line for it now for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 08:07 AM
2,427 ... 7374757677 ...