What I don't understand is why you quote me in regard of Bla1ze post. We are both saying pretty much the same.

About the issue itself, it has been addressed and there are several threads with solutions on how to fix both Windows 10 and iTunes related problems.

What's your point?

Posted via CB10
    The point is that OS10 is not working with the update OS of Mac and Microsoft. Period.
    And to further elaborate, the ability to sync one's BlackBerry with a mouse click is no longer an option.
    That means having to find a work around
    I now have to send calendar dates, docs and other data (one at a time) to our Q10's via Bluetooth.
    Which is more annoying than your comments.
    Factor in the loss of functioning apps and the OS10 phones are fast becoming functionally obsolete because of lack of an interface with arriving technologies.
    That's the point of my original post.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 03:40 PM
    The point is that OS10 is not working with the update OS of Mac and Microsoft. Period.
    And to further elaborate, the ability to sync one's BlackBerry with a mouse click is no longer an option.
    I now have to send calendar dates, docs and other data (one at a time) to our Q10's via Bluetooth.
    Factor in the loss of functioning apps and the OS10 phones are fast becoming functionally obsolete because of lack of an interface with arriving technologies.

Posted via CB10
    This stinks. And they are still selling new devices to the public. Bad karma. This is a sign of a failing company on the brink. It's still quarter to quarter after all these years under Chen.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-16 06:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Link works fine in Windows 10. The only issue is after updating Windows to version 1607 (anniversary edition), something breaks in the registry an Link can't connect with the device, quick solution is to uninstall Link, restart Windows, and reinstall Link and everything work fine again. Link and Blend.

Since BB is not offering support with Windows 10, this silly issue will not be fixed in the software itself.

So... You are wrong, period.
    Last edited by G_Unit MVP; 10-23-16 at 08:27 AM. Reason: typo
    wlmss likes this.
    10-22-16 06:25 PM
    Link works fine in Windows 10. The only issue is after updating Windows to version (anniversary edition), something breaks in the registry an Link can't connect with the device, quick solution is to uninstall Link, restart Windows, and reinstall Link and everything work fine again. Link and Blend.

Since BB is not offering support with Windows 10, this silly issue will not be fixed in the software itself.

Keep moving, BlackBerry's apologists!
    wlmss and Velocitymj like this.
    10-22-16 06:32 PM
    It's not about being apologists, it's about saying the things the way they are. It's obvious at this point that OS10 is virtually abandonware, but if someone is having troubles using Link to made backups or whatever, I rather try to help them fixing the problem than continuosly ranting about Chen, Blackberry's moves, etc.

BlackBerry doesn't give a crap about Link and the remaining OS10 user? Thats completely right! But it doesn't meant that your device is useless nor Link or Blend are useless.
    aiharkness, moyah8, wlmss and 1 others like this.
    10-22-16 06:44 PM
    I got link to work on win10 anniversary update latest build etc with about an hour of trial and error etc. My advice is once you get it working create a restore point you can fall back too.

The Passport SE is great by the way!

Posted via CB10
    wlmss likes this.
    10-22-16 06:50 PM
    It's not about being apologists, it's about saying the things the way they are. It's obvious at this point that OS10 is virtually abandonware, but if someone is having troubles using Link to made backups or whatever, I rather try to help them fixing the problem than continuosly ranting about Chen, Blackberry's moves, etc.

BlackBerry doesn't give a crap about Link and the remaining OS10 user? Thats completely right! But it doesn't meant that your device is useless nor Link or Blend are useless.
    It would not be so unethical if Blackberry made an announcement that it was not supporting is native OS and buyer beware if they buy any BB10 phones. Of course, that is not what they are doing. They are pretending that they are fully supporting the phone. They are telling people that BB10 is alive and well and they are even putting out two updates (which might be another lie).
    10-22-16 09:43 PM
    I finally switched over from Z10 to the Passport SE a few days ago. Love it. Quality is fantastic. I am not a app user, communication and browsing. I will ride bb10 to the end.

Posted via CB10
    wlmss likes this.
    10-22-16 09:52 PM
    It would not be so unethical if Blackberry made an announcement that it was not supporting is native OS and buyer beware if they buy any BB10 phones. Of course, that is not what they are doing. They are pretending that they are fully supporting the phone. They are telling people that BB10 is alive and well and they are even putting out two updates (which might be another lie).
    Yep, your 100% right. But that doesn't change the fact that Link still works. You see what I'm trying to explain here?

I get it, we are all angry with BlackBerry. We all think they are screwing things up. But one thing do not change the other.

Thats all I'm trying to explain. And if I can help someone to get Link working like it normally does, thats enough for me.
    aiharkness and wlmss like this.
    10-22-16 10:09 PM
    Yep, your 100% right. But that doesn't change the fact that Link still works. You see what I'm trying to explain here?

I get it, we are all angry with BlackBerry. We all think they are screwing things up. But one thing do not change the other.

Thats all I'm trying to explain. And if I can help someone to get Link working like it normally does, thats enough for me.
    If Link works on Windows 10 then I'm wrong on that count. If it requires a workaround then I'm still right. Buyers of new phones should expect them to wrok as intended.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-16 01:25 AM
    If Link works on Windows 10 then I'm wrong on that count. If it requires a workaround then I'm still right. Buyers of new phones should expect them to wrok as intended.

Posted via CB10
    Link works on Windows 10. It has been repeated.

I don't consider reinstalling Link a workaround. Stuff happens. It happened to me with one laptop with the anniversary update, but not with our other laptop.

How long will it last? Who knows. But that's beside the point for someone who needs help and wants it to work today, for now, and for however long it lasts.
    G_Unit MVP and bigjman like this.
    10-23-16 08:19 AM
    Everyone has a set of functions that they perform everyday that they deem to me critical to the efficiency of their phone. People who use BB10 and especially the Passport I must say know these efficiencies well and what make the combination that works so well.

One thing that I always come back to is the keyboard, RGB and this one app. ***StereoTube*** This app is a major reason why I love BB10 and don't want to leave. I have many folders for the gym or steamy nights with the girlfriend or whatever, of different kinds of music I've found by using SoundHound and then just plugging that song into StereoTube to find and download. This app is basically YouTube and it comes with a download feature that doesn't always work perfect but if you persistent you can get any song you desire and make it your own. You can't do this on iPhone and I haven't found one that works so well on Android.

To all those out here that enjoy media please check this app out. It was a no brainer to to make that purchase. This is why I am buying more Passport's. Can you believe it? Someone is buying BlackBerry, BB10 as a multimedia device lol. Well now the world is SQUARE!!

Posted via CB10
    G_Unit MVP and wlmss like this.
    10-24-16 07:36 AM
    Hey the passport has good music, maybe a little low volume but good. And the screen works great if you like watching old movies. I'm a big black and white film buff, so the passport is perfect for that since most old movies are not widescreen.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-24-16 01:28 PM
    Hey the passport has good music, maybe a little low volume but good. And the screen works great if you like watching old movies. I'm a big black and white film buff, so the passport is perfect for that since most old movies are not widescreen.

Low musisc? It's actually one of the loudest phones with 2 amazing speakers that go really loud! True dual speakers!

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    wlmss and bigjman like this.
    10-24-16 01:36 PM
    I listen with earplugs, and it's soft volume unless you set it at like 80% or better. Ditto with the physical speakers. At high volume it is fine and loud enough. At low volume you can't hear much.

wlmss likes this.
    10-24-16 01:45 PM
    Well done, taking an easy pot-shot at someone who's attempting to help a fellow BB10 user.
    10-24-16 01:55 PM
    Link works fine in Windows 10. The only issue is after updating Windows to version 1607 (anniversary edition), something breaks in the registry an Link can't connect with the device, quick solution is to uninstall Link, restart Windows, and reinstall Link and everything work fine again. Link and Blend.

1. A lot of PC users disagree with you.
    2. Not everyone uses a PC.
    I use Macintosh computers for my business.
    We had constant sync issues with Link on Yosemite and now Link doesn't work at all with Sierra.
    So please spare us your erroneous commentary, like this one:
    "Your wrong".

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 12:04 PM
    We had constant sync issues with Link on Yosemite and now Link doesn't work at all with Sierra.
    "Your wrong".

Posted via CB10
    Oh, now you switch to Mac issues. I get it.

Nevermind...
    10-25-16 12:51 PM
    Link doesn't function with Sierra?
    Definitely?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-16 12:59 PM
    "Your wrong".

Posted via CB10

The user wasn't talking about Mac. The user was talking very specifically about Windows 10 and a very well defined symptom that occurs for some users with the anniversary update, and a solution that has been confirmed by other users. And frankly, those insisting that Link won't work with Windows 10 are wrong. Maybe not for them for some reason, because they have a different issue, but the user was addressing a specific issue, not everyone's problems with Link.
    G_Unit MVP and wlmss like this.
    10-25-16 01:44 PM
    Competition is great. What did you wind up getting?
    10-27-16 03:00 PM
    May want to keep the att version, it has wireless charging. The SE does not.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-16 06:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yep, Chen with his infinite wisdom really screwed up on the SE.

He probably made some BS exclusive deal with att. Shouldn't have done it.

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    10-28-16 09:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah... wireless charging is the reason I'm still using my AT&T Passport while my brand new SE sits in a drawer.

Really want to find a way to move the wireless charging hardware into the SE, but idk whether it can be done.
    10-28-16 09:46 AM
    You are right! This occurs with me and I restart the Windows10 and remove some atualizations and reinstall BlackBerry Link and Blend, all working fine!
    10-28-16 12:20 PM
2,427 ... 7273747576 ...