I can not be obsessed with bb10 since I am still obsessed with webOS...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I've only read of WebOS. I don't know if I ever knowingly used it.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    10-13-16 12:05 PM
    WebOS is an evolved version of Palm ...great gesture based ecosystem... doomed by incompetent CEO at HP... sound familiar??

10-13-16 02:38 PM
    Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 02:43 PM
    Sale sucked me in.
    Love the screen for Web browsing, keyboard is a bit annoying. Need some time to adjust to a keyboard again.
    I feel like a CEO when I whip it out, lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-16 02:46 PM
    Does anyone have a photo size comparison of the passport vs dtek50 vs priv vs dtek60 render? I'd like an idea of what the mercury might be like in size, I understand it may be a tall slab.

I actually prefer smaller phones like the 9900 but that's living in the past, since no one likes to make small phones anymore.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-13-16 02:58 PM
    Bought two more, two Silvers. One as backup for my original Passport and the other for my wife, and her Z10 becomes her backup.

Yes, I'm gambling. At the very least I want to extend my use of BB10 as long as I can before I have to do something different if it comes to that.

I have been thinking of what I'm going to do. Then I came to the decision as I was sitting in an airport early Saturday morning, making notes, reading and responding to email, reading news, checking the forums... and I really, truly did not want to think of transferring to another platform. So I'm going to push that decision into the future as long as I can.
    10-14-16 05:52 AM
    Just bought black Passport. Have been gone almost a year from BlackBerry to galaxy s7. Fantastic phone, but was surprised that since NY Whatsapp support will be stopped. Not sure what to do then, as Whatsapp is very important for me. Really wish to stay with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 08:56 AM
    Just bought the silver edition today on ebay. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

10-14-16 09:07 AM
    I can't wait until the prices get down to ridiculous prices. It's my goal to get both the PP and the classic in all of the colors I can.

I haven't checked in a while, but this thread is making it look like the prices are continuing to fall.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-14-16 03:48 PM
    I already own a BlackBerry Passport OG and red and my hunger keeps striving to get the Passport SE. What do you think??

Akram Khan BB Pin: 2BE444CF Sent from my  BlackBerry Passport.
    10-14-16 05:04 PM
    I already own a BlackBerry Passport OG and red and my hunger keeps striving to get the Passport SE. What do you think??

I have a Passport SE and just got a Passport RED.
    Love it and Love them
    Amazing devices. Definitely go for it as you will be pleased!!

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    10-14-16 05:22 PM
    Just bought black Passport. Have been gone almost a year from BlackBerry to galaxy s7. Fantastic phone, but was surprised that since NY Whatsapp support will be stopped. Not sure what to do then, as Whatsapp is very important for me. Really wish to stay with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    You can use the WA android version too!!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-16 05:50 PM
    Yes. PP silver is state of art.

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    to boldly go and dmlis like this.
    10-15-16 06:46 AM
    I don't use whatsapp so thankfully I'm not tied into the app.

I've been trying to reconcile why people are so invested in a chat app. There are so many other options to communicate that it seems foolish to me that people are going to abandon BlackBerry because a chat app is potentially going to stop working.

dmlis likes this.
    10-15-16 07:29 AM
    just bought Passport SE after my six month old OG
    10-15-16 07:56 AM
    I've been trying to reconcile why people are so invested in a chat app. There are so many other options to communicate that it seems foolish to me that people are going to abandon BlackBerry because a chat app is potentially going to stop working.
    What you call a "chat app" is a cross platform means of easy communication used by around a billion people daily, both for business and for pleasure.

My Passport (OG) has become a mere paper weight now. I thought I would miss it more than I actually do. Except for the physical keyboard, the Hub and a couple of other BB10 apps, everything works better on the Dtek50 - which I'm using until the Rome / Mercury is released. BlackBerry's implementation of Android is truly top notch. I never thought I would say (write) something like that as a huge BB10 fan, but BlackBerry killed it off. My Passport is still lying around the house, but except for a few standard BB10 apps and the physical keyboard, everything works so much smoother on Android now. The BB10 browser in particular is really showing its age, i.e. lack of updates. It's sad, really.

10-15-16 10:48 AM

This is nothing about being FOOLISH?!
    Myself have over 500 contacts and would say basically all have available whatsapp!! Yes there other communication apps but the issue is my country Spain. whatsapp has a huge database. So I insist in BBM but at the end it is easier for me to change then to get close to 500 people change away from whatsapp.

Wish that BlackBerry with BBM had communications capability also work with other comm apps although say with imited features. Is this possibe?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 10:54 AM
    Myself have over 500 contacts and would say basically all have available whatsapp!! Yes there other communication apps but the issue is my country Spain. whatsapp has a huge database. So I insist in BBM but at the end it is easier for me to change then to get close to 500 people change away from whatsapp.

Wish that BlackBerry with BBM had communications capability also work with other comm apps although say with imited features. Is this possibe?

Posted via CB10
    You can install whatapps apk. However, It is funny that we change our phone just for a chat app.

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    10-15-16 10:58 AM
    Just received my passport Se, wasn't sure about the size as coming from Z30 but After 2 days love it.
    10-15-16 11:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    It would be awesome if BBM could do that, but I doubt it's going to happen. I say it's foolish because there are so many other options to communicate. You have email, text, FB messenger, etc. To leave an OS for one app is crazy IMO.

dmlis likes this.
    10-15-16 11:24 AM
    I use WA for work communication, it is very important for me. Do not care about picture sending, but for text I must have it. Do not want to change phone because of this, but if I must...

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 11:31 AM
    I use WA for work communication, it is very important for me. Do not care about picture sending, but for text I must have it. Do not want to change phone because of this, but if I must...

Posted via CB10
    Whatsapp is just an app. The you can use any other phone like an android backup phone to use whatsapp. The security features built into the passport is unlike any other and to lose that because of an app should be rethought.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 12:59 PM
    I just did ;-)

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    10-15-16 01:07 PM

For the most part I agree with you. WhatsApp is a nice app but there are many alternatives. I loved the BB10 client but it's hardly used in the US. Over the three years I've had it I've gotten a total of two friends that use it also and both of them I easily could text or message elsewhere.
    10-15-16 01:29 PM

Why not. I'm typing this from one and it's a beautiful thing! I had the at&t version as well as the red limited edition but now I'm on this silver.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 03:50 PM
2,427 ... 6970717273 ...