[QUOTE=tattoogunman;12615051]I think much of it is that phones have become somewhat of a fashion accessory/gizmo more than anything else. /QUOTE]

Agreed. And I believe the Passport stands out in the flood of 'the next same thing'.

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 likes this.
    10-04-16 11:11 PM
    Happy with my SE, otherwise at $200 and $300 for the SE and OG, I would get a passport to get some work done, and some cheap Android for wasting time with apps and friends. Zero mobile payments though.
    tattoogunman likes this.
    10-05-16 08:22 AM
    I don't think you would buy it for even a 100�..i got mine brand new for 250. I call that really cheap and consider myself very happy.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    10-05-16 08:39 AM
    Knowing that Blackberry has killed its hardware business... no I would not. I would go with an android phone that will already be setup to run the apps I need and have the hardware to carry it into the future. Blackberry is nothing more than a name brand in the phone market that very few people want. I tend to leave my passport near me at work laying out and I tend to see 25 to 30 new hires a week, I have heard " they still make Blackberries?" more times than I'm comfortable with. I love the basic BB10 but I do need some apps and Blackberry has none. Yes I have cobalts software on my Passport but it still will not run anything that requires google services. My next phone will either be an HTC or maybe even the new google phone ( still waiting on the specs for that one). My question is if Blackberry is dropping the hardware to focus on the software then where is Blend and 10.3.3 ???? pushed back and back with Blend gone. I have carried a Blackberry for 9 years but I think its time to admit that its time to move on. Blackberry has and are now working for others and giving up on the phone market.
    10-06-16 04:20 PM
    I would not buy one today because I just ordered one yesterday!
    ratfinkstooley, ECBomb and dmlis like this.
    10-06-16 05:10 PM
    Knowing that Blackberry has killed its hardware business... no I would not. I would go with an android phone that will already be setup to run the apps I need and have the hardware to carry it into the future. Blackberry is nothing more than a name brand in the phone market that very few people want. I tend to leave my passport near me at work laying out and I tend to see 25 to 30 new hires a week, I have heard " they still make Blackberries?" more times than I'm comfortable with. I love the basic BB10 but I do need some apps and Blackberry has none. Yes I have cobalts software on my Passport but it still will not run anything that requires google services. My next phone will either be an HTC or maybe even the new google phone ( still waiting on the specs for that one). My question is if Blackberry is dropping the hardware to focus on the software then where is Blend and 10.3.3 ???? pushed back and back with Blend gone. I have carried a Blackberry for 9 years but I think its time to admit that its time to move on. Blackberry has and are now working for others and giving up on the phone market.
    BTW you can run apps that require Google Play Services..re Cobalt Play Store. It called patching and it's so sweet and simple. No issues with my Passort Red and SE!

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    10-06-16 05:36 PM
    @Blackz10 I think he mentioned he already has Cobalt. I'm shocked though that he is concerned at how many people comment on if they still make blackberries. I'd think he will take that as a compliment to his uniqueness and ability to stand out from the herd. That said, blackberry needs to continue to support the passport and reduce the number of phones it makes by following the iPhone and samsung paths. They can make different variations of the passport like an android version without a physical keyboard, but same formfactor, upgraded internals and upgrading the runtime just making it easy to install Google play if the customer wanted.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 06:01 PM
    As I already said earlier, I would. I would buy a PP SE again, if I hadn't one, or if my present one went spoilt. I'm sitting here in the caf� for lunch and it is such an enjoyment to use this beautiful device, and to have a look at it from all sides. Beautifully done, just perfectly nice. A lovely favourite device. Yes, I would buy one again.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 05:41 AM
    A new BlackBerry Leap will do just fine for me...

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S7
    bigjman likes this.
    10-07-16 06:03 AM
    Your pretty un accurate in so many of your statements...

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 06:18 AM
    I want to buy the SE from the moment I saw the picture of it, BUT it's not possible to do it for €499 (Greece), when in all Europe it's priced €334, in the US ~€267... Why?
    10-07-16 06:40 AM
    I want to buy the SE from the moment I saw the picture of it, BUT it's not possible to do it for �499 (Greece), when in all Europe it's priced �334, in the US ~�267... Why?
    It's not exactly "all Europe" as the official store won't ship to countries other than those explicitly mentioned (FRA, GER, UK, ITA, SPA, NED). That leaves most of Europe out of luck.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 06:55 AM
    And you posted with Samsung S7? Lol. Congrats on the new phone!

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 08:35 AM
    A new BlackBerry Leap will do just fine for me...

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S7
    And you posted with Samsung S7? Lol. Congrats on the new phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 08:36 AM
    But, you haven't said which ones. I'll be the first to admit some are just personal opinions that I feel as a long time BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 09:18 AM
    @Blackz10 I think he mentioned he already has Cobalt. I'm shocked though that he is concerned at how many people comment on if they still make blackberries. I'd think he will take that as a compliment to his uniqueness and ability to stand out from the herd. That said, blackberry needs to continue to support the passport and reduce the number of phones it makes by following the iPhone and samsung paths. They can make different variations of the passport like an android version without a physical keyboard, but same formfactor, upgraded internals and upgrading the runtime just making it easy to install Google play if the customer wanted.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with all you have to say, I dont want to leave my BlackBerry but support has fallen by the wayside now for BB10, I already have android apps that worked before but do not now with the last android update. I'm definitely at a major crossroads. I tend to use my android tablet more than my BlackBerry when I'm at home doing bills or even my homework since all of those apps are APK and somewhat sketchy on my passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 09:26 AM
    I agree with all you have to say, I dont want to leave my BlackBerry but support has fallen by the wayside now for BB10, I already have android apps that worked before but do not now with the last android update. I'm definitely at a major crossroads. I tend to use my android tablet more than my BlackBerry when I'm at home doing bills or even my homework since all of those apps are APK and somewhat sketchy on my passport.

Posted via CB10
    I just got my passport and planning to get another one just for keeps. I've been playing with the voice assistant and it's soo amazing with no frills like the siri with great voice recog. The passport has a good thing going on with it and I'm honestly shocked blackberry can't continue with it until it gets it right. Android has come a long way since 2.3 and they didn't just get there in one day. This is truly amazing hardware and I'd love to see more updates.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 09:44 AM
    [QUOTE=rrohde;12615161]
    I think much of it is that phones have become somewhat of a fashion accessory/gizmo more than anything else. /QUOTE]

Agreed. And I believe the Passport stands out in the flood of 'the next same thing'.

Posted via CB10
    It does and I tell them all about my Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 09:49 AM
    I am thinking to get a BlackBerry Passport Red, which is of better build quality than the Black one, as far as I know.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    10-07-16 10:29 AM
    I am thinking to get a BlackBerry Passport Red, which is of better build quality than the Black one, as far as I know.

It does, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 11:26 AM

Actually just received Passport Red Limited Edition ..and it truly is great! Have it alongside my SE.

Would you still buy a Passport today?-img_20161005_163347.jpg

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    moyah8 likes this.
    10-07-16 11:26 AM
    Oughhhh it's very red!! Prefer the SE myself

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 02:29 PM
    does the passport use the same micro sim as the z30 uses ? if so then ill pick up a passport to replace my z30 so i can also switch back and forth between the two.
    10-08-16 06:29 PM
    No the SE uses nano size.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 07:52 PM
    I have read threads started by people who've upgraded their PC's to Windows 10 who can no longer sync their BB10 phone.
    Since BB is no longer producing OS10 updates that would match with a computer OS update I think it's safe to assume that an investment into a Passport will provide less and less returns sooner than expected.
    BB is now selling new Passports for $300.00. what does that tell you?
    10-08-16 07:58 PM
2,427 ... 6768697071 ...