Well, I just got one. Coming from the PRIV. To me, the PRIV just felt like a Nexus 5 in terms of quality, and that prompted me to want a 'real' Blackberry. The passport was my only desired BlackBerry device at this time, mainly due to the form factor. Love my silver edition.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 09:37 AM
    I want to buy a new Passport SE to replace my original blank that broken not long ago, but I wanted to wait until Christmas holiday deal, any one knows what a deal might I get? I am in Canada, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    So far, I dont think you will get a much better deal than the one running till the end of this month, that's to say � 100� discount (offer here in France) maybe it will be an offer with free stuff such as free case and desk charger....

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 11:07 AM
    Got a a second one from shopblackberry.com as a backup for my 1-1/2 year old curret one:

Would you still buy a Passport today?-bb-passport.jpg

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 11:31 AM
    Only if we will finally get the sensible option to install android on it.
    08-27-16 04:03 PM
    This afternoon I decided to order the SE Passport to replace original broken Passport, just can't handle the typing experience on my Z30 and the clarity of the Z30 screen in direct sunlight.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 07:26 PM
    Z30 I'd better than the passport... same performance. And much more portable

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    08-27-16 09:27 PM
    +1. The final nail in the coffin for me, was that as of this weekend even f-ing Uber wont work on the Passport any longer. And I've had it with all the cumbersome 'workarounds' to get the most common apps working on BB10. R.I.P. We had a good run.

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2876
    I've been running patched Uber app and it's been great. This was after the browser stopped working for awhile but I think even the browser is back up and running.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-16 11:23 PM
    Z30 I'd better than the passport... same performance. And much more portable

Posted via CB10
    Same performance? What a twisted reality!

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 02:11 AM
    Same performance? What a twisted reality!

Posted via CB10
    Oh, don't say that, he might end up saying the same productivity too, to me that Z30 screen quality is a scrap, not acceptable. It is the biggest mistake that I ever make.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 08:36 AM
    Can someone recommend me a good case and a holder for the Silver Edition? Not the AT&T one. Please provide me a few options that you know, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 08:40 AM
    I will consider priv

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 06:29 PM
    I got a Passport almost a month ago. I wanted a Silver Edition, but I couldn't afford to buy the phone outright. So, I got an OG on contract and I'm really enjoying it. I upgraded from a Z10 and after using the VKB for 3 years I wasn't sure if I was going to like the PKB, but because it's a hybrid it's like I still have the VKB. I'm also loving the wide screen, browsing on the Web is better. I've let my wife play around on it and now she wants one.

I installed Cobalt on my Z10 and quite a few Android apps, but they weren't really important. So, I'm keeping my passport pure for the most part. I've only installed two apps from Amazon that I used the most on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-16 07:57 PM
    Hey, Mr. Chen...and all the other deep thinkers at BlackBerry. I just got a used OG a few days ago. Had been using wife's iPhoney and my old Z30. The PP wide screen and clarity are a joy. Form factor just right and easy to pocket. What a keyboard! Logical navigation and operating system. Solid all around. BlackBerry is getting a bum rap from the many reviewers who are caught up over apps and the bells and whistles of other makers.

BlackBerry should not let BlackBerry 10 peter out. There are millions of users out there, most of whom would buy newer devices centered on updated BlackBerry 10. There is loyalty out there for BlackBerry to exploit.

Damn it, Mr. Chen, start by fixing the screw ups related to Android apps. You run a tech company, after all!

Posted via CB10
    eckl likes this.
    08-29-16 11:51 AM
    Is there anything else out there?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 01:12 PM
    Still trying to decide. There is no better device from concept to my usage. Unfortunately there are limitations placed on development. I have a new Dtek50 and am familiar with Android versus BB10. I infinitely prefer BB10.

But most of all I need the foramt of a big screen with a great keyboard so I would take an Android version if necessary. I have a lot of great BB10 apps but miss several that are no longer available or don't work. However my Dtek50 handles that loss. Gestures in BB10 and features, settings are better by far.

But the Priv isn't what I want and this is the big Bold I asked for and got.

I have bought the SE and canceled. When Facebook cancelled the same day.

But I am. Still considering that this may be the last great phone I see and I want it to last so I may buy the SE yet.

Posted from my trusty Passport or maybe via my new DTEK50
    08-30-16 01:24 PM
    Did just today :-)

Passport OG

I went from the OG to Z30, to Passport SE, to (parallel) Q10 and went back to my missed Passport Black :-)

BBQ & PP Black, Germany
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    08-30-16 02:38 PM
    Will keep buying as long it's workin!!! Just a Awesome device wrongly destined!!! Into the clutter of winners and losers...unfortunately it was a orphan and must say because of the Product strength, Features, and whole lot of other aspects made its way on its own and lasted this long..and shall go on!!!!even after getting strangled by its own creators..BB

Classy....Passport
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    08-31-16 08:43 AM
    I've had my Passport International Edition for about six months and still like it, so yes, I'd buy one today. Problem is, if you really enjoy running Droid Apps, many simply do not run well or at all even with the Cobalt hack. Although I thank Cobalt for even existing, because many Apps do run well (like Starbucks) and I really enjoy running them on my Passport. But Apps like Youtube Music (as a random example) won't even begin to run, unfortunately.

As a production tool, well, it's a BlackBerry. It's also the Last and Greatest performing BB10 device. It is the ONLY Quad Core BB10 device, so YES it outperforms the Z30 and other BB10 devices quite handily. If you compare a Z30 and a Passport side by side for speed and fluid user interface response, you will notice a big difference. I own a Z30 so I did this comparison. It's obvious. Also, I enjoy the extended memory and SD card memory option of a Passport, since I am very much into FLAC music files. The built in Music Player plays FLAC flawlessly, and includes a DLNA music server that is quite handy. Also, Apt-X Bluetooth is built in. It's quite a music machine IMO, 2nd only to an iPhone.

I happen to prefer virtual typing over a keyboard. I'm not enamored with the Passport Keyboard, thus I say I still "Like" it VS "Love" it. I've grown weary of physical keyboards. This is a highly subjective preference, so YMMV greatly.

Finally, the Passport is more "Phablet" than it is "Smartphone". It's a relatively large device to put in a pocket. But I like this. You have to make sure YOU will like this. A square screen is not for everyone. But it's for me.

My personal opinion is that I'll stick with a Passport for about 1 more year, then migrate to a DroidBerry. I like Android anyway as I carry one on another line, so moving to a Droidberry for me is logical. Would I still buy a Passport TODAY (August-September 2016)? Yes. Would I highly consider a Droidberry? YOU BET!
    08-31-16 09:09 AM
    After all this time? YES! I actually gave iPhone a good go for about a month. I just couldn't wrap my head around all the apps. Never used them and the Passport is the best BlackBerry device I have owned to date. I plan on purchasing at least two more when afforded to me.
    09-01-16 03:49 PM
    My wife just bought me another Passport to replace my OG beauty when it dies. I'm here for a while and thrilled to be so. Long live BBOS and long live BlackBerry Passport.

Posted via CB10
    moosbb likes this.
    09-02-16 07:07 PM
    I am trying to sell mine, a Silver Edition, but I can't find anyone interested...

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 12:39 AM
    Go to Ebay and try

The reason you find no one will simply be:

You want to much :-)

BBQ & PP Black, Germany
    09-03-16 12:58 AM
    Just got one yesterday and it is by far the best blackberry I've ever had!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 08:03 AM
    Got my second one recently. Keep looking around for options but can't find anything that matches the solid build and productivity of this device. Plus it just looks business

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 08:16 AM
    I've had my Passport International Edition for about six months and still like it, so yes, I'd buy one today. Problem is, if you really enjoy running Droid Apps, many simply do not run well or at all even with the Cobalt hack. Although I thank Cobalt for even existing, because many Apps do run well (like Starbucks) and I really enjoy running them on my Passport. But Apps like Youtube Music (as a random example) won't even begin to run, unfortunately.

Also, I enjoy the extended memory and SD card memory option of a Passport, since I am very much into FLAC music files. The built in Music Player plays FLAC flawlessly, and includes a DLNA music server that is quite handy. Also, Apt-X Bluetooth is built in. It's quite a music machine IMO, 2nd only to an iPhone.
    Not at all, Passport is better than iPhone for music : microSD slot, bluetooth aptx, Neutron music player, and a great DAC. And you can add music easily on Passport with blend or copy paste, without resorting to iTunes.

Posted via CB10
    BBerryPowerUser and bigjman like this.
    09-03-16 11:28 AM
2,427 ... 5960616263 ...