No, running Android apps is a plus to me. Without it , I woild give Passport up.
    11-10-15 01:17 AM
    I was able to hold off buying a PP till the SE released. Simply could not help myself. Day 1 order here. Had nothing to do with Android apps. In fact, as much as running Android apps are a bonus, privacy and security are key for me. Any app that requires the access they usually do is quickly nixed. I would love to delete the pre-installed Amazon apps for this reason. I simply use a browser if need be.
    Having said that, BlackBerry better not be considering removing the ability to run Android apps. For the good of the community I would have a few choice words for them.

Don Diego endorses the Zed and wields a Silver.
    11-10-15 08:26 AM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 09:05 PM
    This may sound stupid but not having access to a plethura of games has helped me stay productive. I bought this phone for the keyboard and the working wide... I hold onto an iphone now and I feel like I'm holding a delicate caterpillar.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 10:00 PM
    No, I'd be long gone from bb10

Posted via CB10
    11-10-15 10:56 PM
    No, I wouldn't.
    I've grown accustomed to the Runtime on my Passport. I use it daily and removing it would be a step backwards.

Posted one-handed via Passport
    11-10-15 11:34 PM
    No.

I read BBC and CNN news via the dedicated apps from the respective agencies.

I read tech news via Appy Geek.

I scan documents with CamScanner.

I use Offline Maps, a multi-service map client. Unfortunately the only service with updated maps for my locality is Google Maps.

I use some apps for reading local newspapers, listening to local Internet radio stations, and watching on local TV stations.

I use a Redmine [www.redmine.org] client to access our company's project management server, which is a Redmine server.

I communicate with customers, vendors and partners mostly via Skype and Viber.

I use Android client apps in these use cases, since I found no native BB10 equivalents.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-10-15 11:48 PM
    Don't use any

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 12:17 AM
    Yes. I don't have any android apps on my passport.
    Release a BB10 Passport 2 with better hardware specs or similar than Priv, and I'll pre-order right away.
    11-11-15 03:09 AM
    There was a time when I would have said: "Absolutely", but that was before I started using the 2 factor authentication app, that all the banks and institutions around here collaborate on.

Many applications that are vital to getting things done, such as this, are never going to be ported to BB10, in a country where you can count BlackBerry users on the fingers of one hand.
    11-11-15 03:48 AM
    Yes. Because it's Passport.

Black&Square
    11-11-15 04:33 AM
    I may have bought it but would I have kept it? I don't know. Several months before I did buy it I did do research here on CB. It was Cobalt's threads that convinced me I had nothing to lose to give BlackBerry a chance after leaving it 5 years earlier for Android.
    Now I don't have any reason to go to the Priv. It does look like a great phone, a phone I'm trying to convince my wife to get, but for me the Passport takes care of my smartphone needs, both BB10 and the smattering of Android apps I can't get in native BB apps.
    11-11-15 04:42 AM
    No.

I read BBC and CNN news via the dedicated apps from the respective agencies.

Reply: I watch BBCWorld News live on my Passport pretty much every day for a few hours per day while multitasking with work.
    I have the desktop BBC, CBC, NYtimes, Globe and Mail etc. websites on my home page on the Passport.
    Why would you want an inferior mobile app for a news website over the desktop website?

I read tech news via Appy Geek.

I scan documents with CamScanner.

I use Offline Maps, a multi-service map client. Unfortunately the only service with updated maps for my locality is Google Maps.

Reply: Try beMAps

I use some apps for reading local news

papers, listening to local Internet radio stations, and watching on local TV stations.

Reply: Don't they have websites?

I use a Redmine [www.redmine.org] client to access our company's project management server, which is a Redmine server.

I communicate with customers, vendors and partners mostly via Skype and Viber.

Reply: I guess you like being tracked hundred of times per day by skype.

I use Android client apps in these use cases, since I found no native BB10 equivalents.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    There are easy solutions to most of these without data mining. See above.
    11-11-15 04:49 AM
    I bought it because I loved my 9900, z10 q10 z30, classic and... Passport favorite of all, I even defected for a little trying all sorts of high end devices, but I finally couldn't stay away from this beauty

Jzamalot
    11-11-15 06:38 AM
    OP, you question is kind of based in unreality. To offer the Passport and not offer android runtime would mean a huge rewrite of the software and would be considered by BlackBerry lovers and haters and everyone in between to be a major step backward. A downgrade in capability would have meant death to Passport sales.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 12:13 PM
    Yup, I don't use android apps.
    11-11-15 12:17 PM
    What would be nice is full Google play support, I wish I can delete the amazon app store in favor of Google play

Jzamalot
    11-11-15 12:34 PM
    No no no
    11-11-15 01:31 PM
    Yes.

on the road with my BlackBerry
    11-12-15 12:03 AM
    Yes. Nothing better than a Passport

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 01:14 AM
    For sure. Have been getting along just fine without them, although I do have an iPad so maybe would feel I was missing out on an app or two if I didn't have that.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 07:48 AM
    In a second. I haven't downloaded any apps whatsoever. Don't need any. This phone IS a mini- computer. By far the best device ever.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 08:51 AM
    Besides BB10 builtin apps, I need 3 Android Apps: Wechat, a map for traffic navigation (native one doesn't work in mainland China at all), Amazon Kindle. So without Android apps, Password is not good enough for my daily use.

Maybe it's better to offer Android runtime in BlackBerry World, this way you get a pure BB10 OS if you don't need any Android apps.
    11-12-15 09:28 AM
    8830<9650<9810<Playbook64<Q10<Passport
    11-12-15 10:32 AM
    Big yes. This is the reason to buy the devices. Just buy silver edition after one year with Z30, another with q10 and another 4 with 9900. I hope they product another phone with OS 10
    03-02-16 11:38 AM
275 ... 891011