I don't care about adroid apps, which is why I use a BlackBerry, regardless of it being a Passport or a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 10:37 AM
    If there were no Android apps I would have ditched my Q10, Classic and Z30 by now. There are some apps I simply have to have - mainly Google Maps and some apps which are not a "must", but make life convenient.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-28-15 10:41 AM
    Here's my story!
    After the release of the torch's device launch came to a standstill so I got bored and switched to the then current model of the Samsung note AND a samsung tablet. I'm an early adopter and am always upgrading to the current devices. I was astonished at how INACCURATE touch typing is on devices runngind android os. I know I type correctly and 90% of the time was wasted at constant backspacing to get the correct text line. I use to rip my hair out and be in constant angry mood due to the utter time wasted at backspacing and retyping.

I swear if it wasnt for my co-worker stopping me the Samsung Note and Samsung tablet would have taken flight off the 15th floor office balcony.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-28-15 10:50 AM
    Yes

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    05-28-15 10:52 AM
    To tell you, having an option to install Android apps brought me back to the world of BlackBerry again. Passport itself took a little while to get used to but once I did get comfortable with the device, I also got used to the apps it has to offer.

I ditched more and more Android apps. Tbh many were just time wasting apps. Now I hardly use any Android app on my Passport. I do get time to do other stuff too since I only use the phone if I need to. I tend to balance out life much better, but that's me

The bottom line is, Yes I would have bought Passport but would have taken a risk knowing that I might not stick in the ecosystem for long.

Posted via CB10 using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    05-28-15 11:11 AM
    If there were no Android apps I would have ditched my Q10, Classic and Z30 by now. There are some apps I simply have to have - mainly Google Maps and some apps which are not a "must", but make life convenient.

Posted via CB10
    Like Angry Birds?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 11:16 AM
    Probably

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 11:18 AM
    Honestly, probably not. The lack of Apps has been the Achilles heel of BlackBerry and Windows Phone for some time. I really wanted a powerful phone with a keyboard, but not at the expense of my core apps.

The Passport is the first phone to offer everything I'm looking for in one complete, amazing package. But as soon as you start stripping away those features, the decision goes from a no-brainer "fuc|< yeah!" to "maaayyyybe".
    05-28-15 11:28 AM
    Absolutely, I don't care too much about apps. It's a nice bonus.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 11:48 AM
    I won't pretend that the Android app compatibility doesn't make the Passport more attractive, but yes, I still would have bought it.

The vast majority of stuff I use is native BB10, but I'll admit that the ability to run Android apps (and run them VERY well in my experience) has been pretty handy.
    05-28-15 12:01 PM
    Yes

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 -Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    05-28-15 12:12 PM
    That's assuming they bought it because of Android apps.

People do not buy BlackBerry devices because of Android apps. That's either a bonus or a nuisance. NOT a selling point.

And specially not for the Passport.
    Well said. I bought my BlackBerry because it's a bbm. To be honest Android apps are not a bonus on my BlackBerry and certainly wouldn't have been a deal breaker. 98% of my apps that is use/need come from BlackBerry. I do miss my banking app though.

Passport. The way forward.
    05-28-15 12:44 PM
    Yes, I'm running Android free.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.500
    05-28-15 12:47 PM
    Absolutely would have. However, it's a great bonus to be able to run the ones that I do have so well. Spotify works great!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    05-28-15 12:53 PM
    Probably not. The BlackBerry ecosystem is so weak ie few banking, navigation/map and review apps like foursquare and yelp. You need android compat for completeness.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 12:55 PM
    I'm not sure. I bought the Z10 at launch, after having the PlayBook with the expectation that android apps would be a part of that ecosystem. The whole plan was to bridge the gap by luring android developers to port their apps.

Today, I'm still torn. I love BB10's design and intuitiveness. I love the multitasking and Blend is great. But the android apps still haven't lived up to what they were made out to be. The developers didn't flock to port their apps (take note, Microsoft), heck Blackberry was offering developers guaranteed cash to develop for BB10, and the apps never really came. More and more android apps are becoming Google Play Services dependant, notifications and headless android apps don't really work very well. It's all been kind of disappointing.

I'm going to be at the end of my 3-year contract in a few months, and looking to retire my Z10, and right now Blackberry hasn't decided to put out a current generation higher end all-touch phone that will take it's place. So I'm hoping for some good news in the near future that will help keep me with Blackberry for my next phone.
    05-28-15 01:23 PM
    Yes. I choose BlackBerry 10 because it is the most intuitive and efficient OS on the market and, because BlackBerry hardware is the gold standard. I can do pretty much everything I need to with existing native apps and the mobile browser.
    05-28-15 01:53 PM
    Yes

[though I am happy that it does have Android apps, as therefore I can play (a) Scrabble (type game), and check the local bus times......]
    05-28-15 01:54 PM
    I really do not want that disease of Google Play anywhere near my blackberry. I'd like Medscape and Kindle native and Netscape too.

But that is it!

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 01:55 PM
    For me android apps are a welcome bonus.
    05-28-15 02:07 PM
    I really do not want that disease of Google Play anywhere near my blackberry. I'd like Medscape and Kindle native and Netscape too.

But that is it!

Posted via CB10
    For me, Kindle is a productivity app. No Kindle, no deal. Even WP is problematic because its native Kindle app is so lame. Fortunately Kindle works very well on my Passport, but if for some reason it stopped working I'd be outta here.
    05-28-15 02:17 PM
    Agreed. I wish BlackBerry would spend a little money, work with Amazon and together develop a native Kindle app for BB10. Wake up BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 02:21 PM
    Never! For someone like myself who is constantly working, constantly on the road planes/ trains/ buses/ car service, connectivity is an absolute must. Banking apps, Honeywell (watch and adjust the house temp for the dog when she's home alone), and MTA Train time are just essential. Can not tell you how many times I needed to take a picture of a check to deposit in my son's account at school while I was locked in a meeting. And yes, while on a train for 3 hours a day I do sometimes like to play a game, or listen to an MLB or NFL game (apps not available on BB). 16 hours in a closing in Detroit and back to the hotel - - thank goodness for NetFlix, or Xfinity TV. My office allows only BB or Apple products. Without a strong Android compatibility it would be no contest.

But who cares what I think? OP - If you want the truth about what BB users think about Android apps, all you need to do is go over to their forums. They are by far the busiest and most traveled forums for a long time. I would venture to say that Android apps have been downloaded on BB devices in far greater numbers that Native applications in the last 3 years. Now, I have no proof of this, but given that Chen's strategy is to send new users to Amazon for apps without so much as a single native Amazon app on BBW, I have to believe this is not only true, but a matter of design.
    Last edited by 1magine; 05-29-15 at 11:54 AM.
    05-28-15 02:25 PM
    With NO android apps at all, I would buy a Q10 as the definitive communications device. Done.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 02:37 PM
    Prolly not,...I needed a device that allowed for use os SQUARE app. I'd definitely have an iPhone 6 had Blackberry devices didn't allow for use of some key android apps!

I would have left BlackBerry. Period,...end of story.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-15 02:38 PM
275 12345 ...