08-14-16 07:24 PM
59 123
tools
    Weird - I am in UK and have had exactly the same issue this week - Wifi fine, but network connection not stable. Live chatted with Vodafone on Friday and then went to local shop for replacement SIM. Didnt work and now having to drop off phone to be "repaired". Mine is 15months. How old was yours before problems? Love the Passport otherwise!!!
    08-13-16 06:00 PM
    Ultimately the answer is still yes.. but I temper that only because the device is aging and the lack of updates to the OS... I've begun to notice it struggling somewhat in certain areas.

That said, still the best device I have ever owned, hands down.

on the road with my BlackBerry
    08-14-16 07:13 AM
    Currently using the Passport and I am still happy with what its form factor offers. Being a paranoid *****, much apps aren't of any use to me anyway, so I do not miss them. I just don't want to dish out 500-600 euros for a device that is two years old. If it ever drops more heavily in price on the official BlackBerry shop, who knows. Would have to be something of a firesale though

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    08-14-16 02:22 PM
    Weird - I am in UK and have had exactly the same issue this week - Wifi fine, but network connection not stable. Live chatted with Vodafone on Friday and then went to local shop for replacement SIM. Didnt work and now having to drop off phone to be "repaired". Mine is 15months. How old was yours before problems? Love the Passport otherwise!!!
    Dreadful signal problems here in Northern Ireland too Cedric! Family members have no issues with reception on iPhones so am beginning to wonder if its a Passport/Blackberry problem?
    08-14-16 02:24 PM
    2 years. No problems until now.

update: Got it back form the shop and dude said he has no clue what's wrong with it. Not even sure he did anything. I'm starting to think that it wasn't worth his time.

Yes, I love my Passport, but this WhatsApp EOL is a possible game changer. This decision by facebook really pisses me off. The fact that the original owners and developers had this app working on pretty much every device, despite age, was a testament to what the app is supposed to be.
    08-14-16 04:02 PM
    Hello,
    I bought a Passport SE when it came out and I have loved it.
    I just got a DTEK50 and am struggling to find any app from android that I need or even want. I'm sure I will find something eventually.

The keyboard on the passport with the on-screen additions is great. Blackberry should use this style on future physical keyboards if there are any. Much better than classic BlackBerry pkb.

If you want great communications Passport SE is a great choice.

Failing support for mainstays like Twitter is an issue however.

KAM

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 04:23 PM
    Absolutely

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 04:30 PM
    I wanna say something too!!

Finally replied!! Proud owner of Passport BB10

Posted via CB10
    08-14-16 07:04 PM
    How many apps does anyone need? The reality is most apps are subtle copies, there isn't much that is truly innovative. And if there was, then BB would get a copy. Smartest move by BB to redesign towards being able to load Android apps.
    Lame excuse constantly used to make one self comfortable to accept limitations based solely to gratify their purchase.

BlackBerry's choice for BB10 to use androids apps was it's worst mistake! It showed lack of internal 100% faith in homebrew OS, it showed even after a 6mth delay for launch it STILL wasn't fully ready for production use (constantly failing Contacts sync or lossing contacts linked to a cloud service hosting them, Dialer is annoying jumping into ones face when minimized, browser doesn't offer sync with staple desktop browser which is still used by the majority of the world, I could go on & on here

@Leedium, did you expect anything else from FB when their founder and president brandishes IOS for years as his personal device?! Nobody likes the complexity and arcane non-consistent menus in a mobie smartphone OS!

 C L A S S I C |to| D T E K 5 //;=>
    08-14-16 07:24 PM
59 123