07-03-15 12:31 AM
    Dual boot with BBOS10/Android = Win!
    07-03-15 12:32 AM
    NO I wouldn't buy any blackberry running droid os
    07-03-15 12:49 AM
    07-03-15 02:37 AM
    Ummmmmm............no.
    07-03-15 02:42 AM
    I just don't understand why are people so negative about Android on a Blackberry Hardware!!

If this means saving the hardware business, and spur global sales, then i'm 110% up for it.

If Blackberry manages to create a BB10 skin, which would replicate the Hub on an Android OS, then people should be happy and adopt the new strategy. We would have the best of both worlds, unique BB10 features + a real ecosystem...
    ...I'm quite tired of having to manually update 2/3 of my apps, and still facing issues with important apps I use on a daily basis.

Do you guys realize that BB10 did not work? just face it, it just didn't, and it's just a matter of time before someone would pull the plug on BB10 development and hardware overall.

I see a Android/BB10 Hybrid the only solution possible going forward, and we should all be happy that Blackberry is looking out of the box... Once again, don't you want to see sales going up? Don't you want to see more traction, seeing more berry out there? more software development? more advertising? Don't you just want see more from your favorite brand? well I DO, and if it means adopting an mixing Android OS, then I VOTE YES!

I've had 8 Berrys since 2007, and I cant wait to buy my first "Blackdroid", or even just put Android on my current Passport!
    dannykavs likes this.
    07-03-15 02:43 AM
    never
    07-03-15 02:51 AM
    Android is THE WORST operating system. Every time I had a displeasure to work on it I could not figure out how people can like it. It has no real multitasking, it is always sluggish and laggy after few months of using no matter how much prosessing power that phone has. It is a travesty of mobile business. Marketing scam. Pitty BlackBerry has to do that to save itself.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 02:59 AM
    My first choice whas to switch from iOS to BlackBerry OS. After that I did chose between the Passport and Classic. If I had wanted an Android I would already have one instead. No matter what I would lever trust an Android based device. They have burned their bridges to me.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 03:13 AM
    No!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 04:36 AM
    No, but I would buy a Samsung Galaxy S6 running BB10...

Posted via CB10
    blambtn likes this.
    07-03-15 04:37 AM
    surely you must be kidding .. have you ever tried both operating systems ? I mean it's not just a thing or two difference between andriod and bb10 the difference is greater than heaven and hell
    First off, don't call me Shirley

And yes I have used Android quite a bit. I prefer the stock UI's that are offered by Google, Motorola and CyanogenMod. Obviously this comes down to personal taste. But to say that the differences are heaven and hell? I disagree. Would love to hear you explain the huge differences though.....
    07-03-15 04:57 AM
    Start getting mad, you know they won't have it available. They're a business, they will want to sell new hardware with the new software.
    they are a business and if they dont want to lose loyal customers they cant screw them over. if they stop releasing updates for the phone before its even 2 years old im never coming back to bb
    07-03-15 05:50 AM
    I will never buy an BlackBerry running Android no matter the hardware.
    07-03-15 05:52 AM
    If you want a physical keyboard, then get a BlackBerry.

I can't even tell you what those three symbols are at the bottom of the screen.

Seems many people are saying: No, Nyet, Nada, Nope, いいえ (Iya Desu), 아니 IHanee), ոչ (voch’), forgetaboutit....

BlackBerry fans: No way!
    Android fans: This move could help save BlackBerry!

I love BB10, but if it ever bites the dust and I need to resort to a BlackBerry running Android OS, I'll get one because I still want a physical keyboard.
    Last edited by GeoK; 07-03-15 at 09:45 AM.
    07-03-15 06:41 AM
    I personally had BlackBerry for 7 years up until this past Spring when it was a choice to get a Passport (for $249 on contract) or a Galaxy Note 4 ($0 on contract). I badly wanted the Passport; I had played with one prior and am very used to BB10 which I still find superior to Android in most ways, but not all. Money being a factor I went with the Samsung. Having total unrestricted access to Google Play services has been a massive forward move for me as our business uses them as well. I know you can **** around and sort of make it work on a BB10 device but I look at it like this - the original is almost always better than the knock off/copy/aftermarket.

Having said this, I would take a Passport or 'Venice' slider with Android most definitely. I would prefer to see it in the BB10 style though (ie. being able to open numerous tiles on the home screen), but now that I'm in deep with Google services I couldn't go back. I would like to go back to a BB QWERTY keyboard also. I have downloaded 7 or 8 different keyboards for this Note and none of them will ever compare to the BlackBerry QWERTY (or even the BB10 keyboard on the Z30).
    07-03-15 06:58 AM
    Dual boot with BBOS10/Android = Win!
    THIS
    07-03-15 07:25 AM
    Android to me is a workable OS, the problem to me is the monitoring and data harvesting by the Great Satan Google

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 07:34 AM
    Of course....when will it be on the market?

Mia san mia!
    07-03-15 07:48 AM
    Don't expect android on a BlackBerry to be "workable" or "tweakable" or "rootable" or whateverable . Chen said if he finds how to secure it, then, he doesn't mind making a BlackBerry device powered by Android. So securing it means, making it impossible to gain root access, thus not able to install custom roms, for getting frequent updates, since 3rd party android smartphone manufacturers, takes a hell lot of time to update their smartphones with the latest android OS, and will also abandon, older devices!
    It's a no-no for a BlackDroid. Yes for my sexy BlackBerry 10 OS on my Q10!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 08:14 AM
    It wouldn't hurt to offer a dual-boot device...or at least the same device but with an option of OS. Android fans can get android and see part of the appeal of the BB and BB10 fans can continue using the OS that prefer.
    arfin likes this.
    07-03-15 09:12 AM
    Absolutely NOOOOO!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 09:14 AM
    I would consider it if I could have the hub.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 09:35 AM
    Take a look at the cover story on Crackberry's main page. Someone worked up a render. But it's all speculation.
    07-03-15 09:44 AM
    If i want Android..I'll buy an Android.
    What's that even mean? If this phone has Android and not bb10, then it would be an "android"

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 09:48 AM
176 1234 ...