No.
    07-03-15 09:49 AM
    It is BlackBerry PKB + Passport Form Factor + Stock Android OS (Absolutely no traces of BB10)
    Aimed for low level enterprises and casual consumers who buy anything Android.
    Google has found out (thanks to Ryan and Typo), there is a market for PKB and only BB has the right technology.
    BB has found out (thanks again to Ryan and Typo), there is a market for PKB and only Google has the muscles to market it.

Here comes Google "Nexus Key" - Designed at Waterloo

Pure speculation tho.
    07-03-15 09:54 AM
    I'd rather have BB/Windows Screw android, it just has games that I want lol

A BB with microsoft suite would be great for the business user. Blend+Sharepoint+full office... active tiles instead of the cards too + hub for more than a preview?

security + better productivity... what does Android offer besides more apps?
    07-03-15 10:09 AM
    Android sucks after a few weeks or days. it's going laggy and if you browse and typing sometimes hanging. . I was talking about the galaxy S6 edge No Android for me. I just change to BB10 to get away from google Android.

I keep my PP and move on in the future to another platform if they starting to use Android , but that would be a big laught at oure mobile department.

It's time for BlackBerry to talk .... I allready sold all my stock when I get news of Android (thanks Reuters to fire up this crazy ride) - I had a nice win selling it , and seeying the stock now I would have a little lose.

Now I waiting till oktober/november to buy a new phone and hope there will be BB11 or BB10.4 with a nice and good phone.
    Last edited by whatsever; 07-03-15 at 10:46 AM.
    07-03-15 10:34 AM
    No

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 10:59 AM
    Don't think so, OS 10. is what makes a BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 11:05 AM
    Nope. The only Google services I need is Google Maps which works minus the signing in part.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.2.2339 / Telus
    07-03-15 11:05 AM
    There seems to be a lot of black and white thinking going on in this thread: BlackBerry with only Android or BB10. How and why are people making that assumption?

We all know BlackBerry's sales are dwindling, and without a gameplan their hardware division may likely sink.

The Android market has 0 physical keyboard devices (at least in the US market) and in my opinion that's an untapped niche.

If the Passport was available through the Google Play Store in a BlackBerry Passport Google Play Edition flavor running stock Android, I see that as nothing but a positive for the company.

For Android users who want a physical keyboard, they will jump back on the BlackBerry bandwagon. For other BlackBerry users who want to try an Android BlackBerry, they will try it. And for those who're loyal to BB10 software, they'll continue to use standard BlackBerry devices.

What's the issue? No one said BlackBerry will stop offering "pure" smartphones.
    dannykavs and tomsobon like this.
    07-03-15 12:01 PM
    I'll buy one. I just hope and pray BlackBerry has remembered how to make a physical keyboard that doesn't double type by the time it launches.
    07-03-15 12:10 PM
    If the Passport was available through the Google Play Store in a BlackBerry Passport Google Play Edition flavor running stock Android, I see that as nothing but a positive for the company.
    The only glitch is why Google wants a PKB and at what risk?
    07-03-15 12:17 PM
    There seems to be a lot of black and white thinking going on in this thread: BlackBerry with only Android or BB10. How and why are people making that assumption?

We all know BlackBerry's sales are dwindling, and without a gameplan their hardware division may likely sink.

The Android market has 0 physical keyboard devices (at least in the US market) and in my opinion that's an untapped niche.

For Android users who want a physical keyboard, they will jump back on the BlackBerry bandwagon. For other BlackBerry users who want to try an Android BlackBerry, they will try it. And for those who're loyal to BB10 software, they'll continue to use standard BlackBerry devices.

What's the issue? No one said BlackBerry will stop offering "pure" smartphones.
    That's basically what I was saying but in a more elaborate way.
    07-03-15 12:18 PM
    The only glitch is why Google wants a PKB and at what risk?
    So I'm not entirely sure of the monetary ins and outs of the Google Play Store, but Google Play Edition devices are deals between Google and OEMs. Devices like Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z Ultra, etc, etc have appeared as Google Play Editions. The benefits of these are unlocked/non-carrier branding, stock Android, and support from Google.

I am all about stock Android and really don't like carrier skins. I know the GPe devices don't make nearly as much money as the devices being pushed by carriers, but they're exclusive and come with benefits. I'd rather purchase a BlackBerry Passport with stock Android (+ a few BBOS tweaks) then through a carrier or something like that.
    07-03-15 12:39 PM
    Yes for me, I dont to do some work around to have working snapchat, banking apps and others.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 12:53 PM
    People think it was IPhone that took over BB's market share. It was actually Android that initially took most of BlackBerry's market share. If BB users are indeed choosing Android first over IPhones when they jump ship, then this is a smart move by Chen. Kind of late but still better than staying strictly with BB10 which has had more than enough chances to gain market share. This Android phone is not meant for BB10 diehards. This diehard BB10 segment is already in BlackBerry's stranglehold. The new Android is meant for BB7 users that plan to jump ship or former BB users that miss PKB or have nostalgia with their old BlackBerries.
    07-03-15 12:53 PM
    The sad part about this is if the new BlackBerry Android is successful, expect premium hardware upgrades for this Android phone while BB10 users continue to languish in 3-year old parts and recycled Z10-Leap-Classic-Q10 phones
    07-03-15 01:00 PM
    If they can keep the same bb10 features and add the google services then why not!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 01:07 PM
    Looks like Sh*t
    07-03-15 01:28 PM
    why don't i see any of these "would you buy a bb android" threads with a poll? just make a poll and be done with it.
    07-03-15 01:42 PM
    No, never , going to IOS if so
    07-03-15 01:46 PM
    If they can keep the same bb10 features and add the google services then why not!

Posted via CB10
    Is lagy UI a feature or bug ? android sucks in every aspect only kids like it because they can install stolen stuff that is all the hype
    07-03-15 01:47 PM
    If BlackBerry could skin Android with a decent approximation of BB10 (including the Hub and the same kb experience), I'd look at it.
    07-03-15 02:03 PM
    I would love a BB10 OS running along with android. I just want its eco system fully implemented with bb10 os. From bb10 i love the hub and swipe and flow gesture. If bb10 can keep it like that and put google play store with hub integration along apps like hub integration then i would buy it definitely

They could even push an OS 10.4 maybe to do so for existing bb10 phones. I am on verge of buying a passport but if they make a new android based passport i will never buy a bb phone again because i shall be wasting money on my current buy.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 02:06 PM
    I hate Android. It's not that it's ugly, it's just disorganized and cluttered.

I hope there will still be some BlackBerry 10 devices, I don't care if it doesn't have apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-15 02:10 PM
    Not!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    07-03-15 03:02 PM
    Nope!
    07-03-15 04:29 PM
176 12345 ...