09-06-16 08:53 AM
186 12345 ...
tools
    Android for Passport is good. I would like it if it can Dual boot BB10 or Android which I can choose while reboot the system. It kind of cool right????

With my Black Passport
    01-23-16 05:52 PM
    Android for Passport is good. I would like it if it can Dual boot BB10 or Android which I can choose while reboot the system. It kind of cool right????

With my Black Passport
    That would be awesome, but I feel like that phone would be ridiculously expensive.

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.1.2267 T-Mobile Unlimited Data
    01-23-16 05:56 PM
    Nope, mos def would not.

Here's something funny, though: an inordinate amount of "BlackBerry" people claim that the Priv has "outdated specs" and that no one would buy such an "old" Android handset. Of course this is just a slam against Android said out of frustration that the Priv is not running BB10 and reason from them for how Chen sucks (you know, because he killed BB10 and all ). Now, with threads such as this the Passport's specs do not come into question from the diehards. So a Priv is a dinosaur in Android years but a Passport with Android is somehow the bee's knees? Of course I am assuming the Passport as is; am I supposed to assume the Android version would have an 820 in it or something?
    AndrewOrlowski likes this.
    01-23-16 09:54 PM
    No. I would use a Galaxy Note if android is installed on a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    Alain_A likes this.
    01-23-16 09:58 PM
    I will give a spin to THIS kind of Passport if it runs 'hypervisor'.
    Without hypervisor Passport will be just another dung-pile camera in android jungle, data-mining everything it surveys.
    01-23-16 10:03 PM
    Would anyone here get a Passport running Android? Just curious.
    Do you realize that the OS 10 is just a modified android OS??? That's why you can install .apk files on it...like I stated "modified" so some features you need to run certain android apps have been replaced..for instance the Google services was replaced with the BlackBerry services...if I wanted the android os...I'll get a phone with android os...I once had a HTC pro2 that ran windows os 6.5 and I could run android os 2.2(eclair) also...only because the file was a .exe file... if BlackBerry 10 os supports .exe installation then you can most definitely run android os on your BlackBerry...At your own risk of course!!!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    01-23-16 10:43 PM
    Yes I would definatly buy a passport with Android - where do i sign!
    01-23-16 11:19 PM
    Data mining and surveillance is a fact of life, and if you do not thing BB does it, you are wrong. Everyone does it, every website you go to you are tracked, every forum you post on, you are tracked. Android is no worse than others, especially those who claim to "respect your privacy" like Apple and Microsoft..... If you use Google as a search engine, you are tracked.
    I don't use Google as a search engine. I know all of the above. I don't use apple or windows either for that reason.
    01-24-16 05:35 AM
    Do you realize that the OS 10 is just a modified android OS??? That's why you can install .apk files on it...like I stated "modified" so some features you need to run certain android apps have been replaced..for instance the Google services was replaced with the BlackBerry services...if I wanted the android os...I'll get a phone with android os...I once had a HTC pro2 that ran windows os 6.5 and I could run android os 2.2(eclair) also...only because the file was a .exe file... if BlackBerry 10 os supports .exe installation then you can most definitely run android os on your BlackBerry...At your own risk of course!!!

BB10 is based on QNX which is Unix related, not Linux related, and predates both Linux and android.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QNX
    01-24-16 05:40 AM
    I'd love a Passport running Android.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 07:38 AM
    Just update and bring better optimization to the current bb10 android runtime is highly sufficient for my passport. UI experience wise I still want to use BB10 and the hub.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 07:54 AM
    Question is "would you buy a BlackBerry passport running android"... passeport, yes! android, yes!! BlackBerry, NO !!!
    01-24-16 08:06 AM
    Nope.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 09:24 AM
    Basically,no. I will stick with BlackBerry 10 until it actually dies. When that day really comes, I will think about my next stop.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    01-24-16 09:38 AM

BlackBerry 10 is by no means like Android. Linux and Unix are quite different. Just because it has the capability to run apk doesn't make it any Android device. You can do that on a PC. Will you call a PC an Android?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 10:10 AM
    Yes need more Apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 10:26 AM
    I think many of us BlackBerry lovers need to step back to reality. There will be NO new BlackBerry 10 devices and no significant innovation on BlackBerry 10. This is widely recognized now, reported everywhere from Chen's latest interviews (despite being twisted by people who wish he implied more BlackBerry 10 products). The company will ONLY develop new Android-based devices that presumably have some aspects of BlackBerry software. That's it. So any wishful thinking about anything from BlackBerry other than an even stronger focus on creating Android-based products is silly, sadly.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 10:32 AM
    I don't have another $700 to waste. I will not buy BlackBerry again. I don't trust them. I would not trust their security claims. I don't trust their management who are depreciating the company's reputation & causing a rout in the tiny remaining customer base, myself included. I want.& need a PKB so I am sad about this.
    bodjor likes this.
    01-24-16 10:56 AM
    hell no
    01-24-16 11:07 AM
    No.

Q10 (SQN100-3 : 10.3.2.158), Passport (SQW-100 : 10.3.1.1779)
    01-24-16 01:20 PM
    Yes need more Apps.

Posted via CB10
    I dont get it.. why people do need "soo many apps"
    the phone is to work with... sometime kill minutes... but even though you dont need gams or stuff...

the most important apps you have it already, worst case scenario, just snap it...
    most of them works just fine...

If google services... well, in my case i dont like google... so i pass of it... maybe for that it seems to me, "illegiti" the thing about "missing apps"
    01-24-16 10:18 PM
    No!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 10:33 PM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 05:58 AM
    There are many Android apps that are not optimized for a 1:1 aspect ratio and based my Passport experience with Android I will say no. Looking forward to seeing the Vienna

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-25-16 06:05 AM
    Nopedee nopedee noo!
    01-25-16 10:55 AM
186 12345 ...