Would you buy this if it were launched as BlackBerry Passport 2-img_20170217_224552.jpg
    Would you buy this if it were launched as BlackBerry Passport 2-img_20170217_224601.jpg
    Would you buy this if it were launched as BlackBerry Passport 2-img_20170217_224610.jpg

I designed this passport 2 thing.
    This phone has almost the exact dimensions of a regular passport. Would you buy it if it were launched at the same price as passport's launch price. If yes what do you like about the design... if not why not... where could the design have been better?

Internals
    Main camera
    16mp camera with aperture f/1.7 with pixel size 1.55um (dont know how to get the symbol right) with triple tone flash

Selfie camera
    8mp with dual tone flash

Processor and gpu
    Snapdragon 835 processor with its adreno counterpart which hasnt been specified yet

Ram
    4gb/6gb

Internal memory
    32gb/64gb

Operating system
    Android 7.1.1

Networks supported
    2g,3g,4g,lte

Posted via my BlackBerry two way pager
    02-17-17 11:25 AM
    The selfie cam at the bottom of the phone would be a bit inconvenient.
    02-17-17 11:42 AM
    Well it will have to be somewhere since the display has no bezels.

Check out this phone called the mix by xiaomi... it has that...

02-17-17 11:44 AM
    Android 7.1.1? that's not a passport! Except they make it an android 7.1.1 android runtime! I've also never seen a great sideway keyboard. Was a thing of the past and usually went with thinner and lighter phones. won't work great with the large screensize you have there

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 01:08 PM
    The keyboard slides out? That's definitely not a Passport. Sorry.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.3.2163 
    02-17-17 07:16 PM
    Android 7.1.1? that's not a passport! Except they make it an android 7.1.1 android runtime! I've also never seen a great sideway keyboard. Was a thing of the past and usually went with thinner and lighter phones. won't work great with the large screensize you have there

Posted via CB10
    The dimensions haven't changed from the original passport... i have just allowed for extra screen space by removing the keyboard from up front...

The sideway keyboard is not for regular typing... for regular typing you will have a 3 row keyboard just like on the passport.

The sideway keyboard is for when you are at leisure and are not on the move... thats when you can enjoy a full blown laptop like keyboard with a track pad

02-17-17 07:26 PM
    Android 7.1.1 Nougat is used instead of BlackBerry 10 because we know BlackBerry 10 will receive no support and that will not help the device to sell well... everything about this device design is kept real... all of this is possible to have on a 2017 flagship phone...

02-17-17 07:28 PM
    Are you dreaming thi? Oh I don't want to look it

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 07:43 PM
    Thanks guys for your feedback... i appreciate it... i will soon come up with a better design... i have a dream to have @CrackBerry Kevin look at my design then tell BlackBerry about it... i want a phone to be built that i design someday. I will kewp uploading new passport designs until its so good that BlackBerry uses it.

02-17-17 08:23 PM
    Thanks guys for your feedback... i appreciate it... i will soon come up with a better design... i have a dream to have @CrackBerry Kevin look at my design then tell BlackBerry about it... i want a phone to be built that i design someday. I will kewp uploading new passport designs until its so good that BlackBerry uses it.

Just one problem with that. BlackBerry is not building phones any longer
    jmr1015 likes this.
    02-17-17 08:54 PM
    Where's the removable battery and OS 10? I mean the removable battery would be nice, but OS 10 is a must if I'm going to buy another BlackBerry.
    02-17-17 09:17 PM
    Where's the removable battery and OS 10? I mean the removable battery would be nice, but OS 10 is a must if I'm going to buy another BlackBerry.
    It does have a removable battery but due to water resistance it is sealed in the phone by four screws... you can see them on the corner of the device on the back... sim and micro sd will come on the side via a tray...

As to bb10?
    Well for a smartphone to be successful it needs to cater to the whims and fantasies of not just the existing die-hard BlackBerry fans but also other android and ios users. So BlackBerry 10 with its limited future cannot be used in this device since with the support of the developers dying out and BlackBerry dumping the os itself... that will just make the device irrelevant to the general public who isn't a BlackBerry affecionado... since for them whatsapp+facebook+instagram=their entire life.

02-17-17 09:29 PM
    This reminds me somewhat of what a Surface Pro looks like when the snap-on keyboard is attached.
    02-17-17 09:54 PM
    The design is nice.
    It should be released in BlackBerry 10 OS and Windows OS apart from Android and should be given with a removable keyboard unlike slider!

So that the weight will be decreased!

Primary camera should not be more than 13 mp as the memory will be taken a lot if the mp increases.

Front Camera should be only up to 5 mp maximum .

Battery should be long-lasting at least 4500 mah battery and processor speed isn't much important, it should be giving more battery back up and less heating!

It could be accepted very well!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 11:15 PM
    Slider pulling out from the side? Perhaps call it the Priv 2. Very ambitious, but I don't see TCL as being very daring, unless the Mercury sells like hotcakes.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Classic with BB10 OS 10.3.3.2205 on T-Mobile
    02-17-17 11:22 PM
    It does have a removable battery but due to water resistance it is sealed in the phone by four screws... you can see them on the corner of the device on the back... sim and micro sd will come on the side via a tray...

As to bb10?
    Well for a smartphone to be successful it needs to cater to the whims and fantasies of not just the existing die-hard BlackBerry fans but also other android and ios users. So BlackBerry 10 with its limited future cannot be used in this device since with the support of the developers dying out and BlackBerry dumping the os itself... that will just make the device irrelevant to the general public who isn't a BlackBerry affecionado... since for them whatsapp+facebook+instagram=their entire life.

True about addiction to social media but since the current passport figuratively runs two os, can't your brilliant engineers develop android under a powerful container with 6gb of RAM while still giving us blackberry 10 hypervisor system as the passport does? But just ensure the android kernel has more access to blackberry 10 resources while still keeping users separate behind a wall of choice? I'll pay 1400 dollars for an android 7.1.1 kernel safely guarded and walled by bb10. Send false values to android apps that want private data and access to sms and send false values too to Google play services from BB10. Yes please. If you can't handle these, or threatened by the legality, open up your system a little bit to user mods that are not harmful or have an employee act like a rogue upgrade leaker.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 10:34 AM
    Can't your brilliant engineers develop android under a powerful container with 6gb of RAM while still giving us blackberry 10 hypervisor system as the passport does? But just ensure the android kernel has more access to blackberry 10 resources while still keeping users separate behind a wall of choice?
    Sure. And we'll have yours delivered by a leprechaun riding a unicorn Pegasus.

BB10 has been done for 2 years already. It isn't coming back, ever. It's not even realistic as a fantasy. There are technical, legal, financial, and practical reasons that BB10 will never, ever, EVER see another phone release. Even CB Kevin agrees.

Would you buy this if it were launched as BlackBerry Passport 2-8e5fe30cd3398962281af77a3811990a.jpg

You're at Stage 3: Bargaining. The sooner you get to Stage 5, the happier you'll be.
    02-19-17 10:36 AM
    Bb10 is the real money future of blackberry. I was an android fan who also got bored of android. There seems to also be posters like me. Blackberry should have tenacity, that's how android surpassed ios. The mercury doesn't really inspire me, but we'll see

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 02:02 PM
    Passport, Yes!
    Slider, No.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 06:05 PM
    With my billionaire bank reserves, I can ship it with BlackBerry 10.
    #LOL
    02-20-17 09:11 PM
    The only thing wrong with the Passport, is that I am forced to move due the Whatsapp terminating this July and unfortunately I can not get my contacts to grow into BBM. There is nothing like the Passport and I am just sad I have to buy any other just for the whatsapp. I do not understand why it can not be solved. It is a shame.
    02-27-17 09:44 AM
    Sure! I wil! But it would prefer a Windows Mobile OS device.

Posted via CB10
    rajashekar sanga likes this.
    03-13-17 11:59 PM
    Sure! I wil! But it would prefer a Windows Mobile OS device.

Posted via CB10
    Even I would love a Windows powered BlackBerry Passport!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 04:25 AM
    Now I have blackberry passport. And I switch it to another blackberry 10 mobile. Don't want to go back android device. Your design is good.. I appreciate your thoughts..

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 06:39 AM
    I would like a passport with UWP. OMG could imagine what type of productivity monsters wed become??!! I'm not switching because of whatapp there are other platforms. If some needs to get ahold of me they can use what I'm using

Posted via CB10
    03-14-17 07:35 AM
33 12