Passport is the truly a killer device no doubt but it's loosing it's divinity day by day. No OS updates, now SW updates no new developments on apps side barely there are any devs supporting and updating any apps.

There few alternatives for FB,Instagram,Twitter,Uber etc.. these apps haven't been updated in past few months.

So think before you decide if your an app guy so then don't make a switch. If you need to be productive like just mails, calls, texting or reading something on Internet then it's definitely a good device.

I moved from Samsung Note 5 to BlackBerry Passport is because I wanted to move aways from Android Eco system and definitely not IOS I hate it to the core so I am back to BlackBerry after 5 years.

Os is quite stable, no lags, no crashing or freezing, very smooth. Now that Chen says BlackBerry will focus on software let's hope they also work on bbos and not only focus on Android.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-16 06:19 PM
    The rumors are true! I indeed left everything behind, except my Passport, for the simple life. Someone snapped a photo of me yesterday in my new garb. Disregard the confused look on my face. I love this phone!

http://blogs.transparent.com/thai/fi...0894714868.jpg
    That definitely isn't a Passport.
    10-23-16 06:21 PM
    See? I'm always right!
    It's a gift. what can I say!!
    Says the guy who saw both the Stones and the Beatles in the same year!

Did you manage to see what's good in both bands? I wonder if that could be applied to phones, and Operating Systems.
    10-24-16 01:13 PM
    That definitely isn't a Passport.
    I'll bet you couldn't tell that was Nicholas Cage either. Those Blackberries you see on TV are actually iPhones, skinned heavily.
    10-24-16 01:19 PM
    Lucky you. I have three different email accounts, excluding work, and the Contacts app sometimes will get too clever and merge ones that shouldn't be merged.

As for apps, you have access to everything in the Play Store, just search for "Cobalt Play Store". The problem with Amazon is that their apps may not be updated. It doesn't work well for apps using the Google maps service, but everything else I've tried has been okay. I'm not a huge app user, so ymmv.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    You have to turn off the option that merge contacts!
    With my BB10 experience, I would say that the one option that could get you in trouble with multiple instance of the same contact..

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 01:40 PM
    You have to turn off the option that merge contacts!
    With my BB10 experience, I would say that the one option that could get you in trouble with multiple instance of the same contact..

Posted via CB10
    I ended up solving the problem by deleting the contacts, ensuring it synced online, then adding them back on the Passport. It was only a problem when the Passport pulled down the info from the server, and then tried to be smart.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    10-29-16 02:00 PM
    Mr.23779, it sounds like the Passport is PERFECT for you!

I use it daily for my business and rarely for gaming or heavy app use. Screen is wide and reading emails and websites is very natural.. everything is in view and easy to scroll on the pages. Keyboard makes it extremely easy to type emails/texts whatever.. heck it really doesn't block much on the screen, except for when you're typing number but it really minimal.

I run two company emails which are attached to Gmail and heavily use my calendar. Once it's all synchronized, which is quite easy do, works very well. Adjust your contacts or calendar entry online through Gmail and your phone will synchronize within minutes. You should not have any worry about losing or migrating contacts.. I'd say get yourself a Passport while you still can and enjoy it!

By the way BBM is awesome, it's the original messaging, native, phone app, and runs across all platforms now!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 04:04 PM
    Update after 2.5 weeks with the SE

Still like the phone and I've only run across a couple of limitations over my Android-based Priv. To recap, I'm not a big app user. I mostly use a phone for calls, text messages, taking occasional work-related pictures, accessing files, quick web searches, and email. Most of the apps I use that either aren't available (or don't have all available features like its Android version) can be substituted with website shortcuts, which can be easily added to my home screen.

While the website shortcut I use for Google Drive works perfectly if I want to download an existing file I already have out there, I'm not able to upload files directly to GD from my SE unless I use something like the paid version of Playcloud 10. I can always email myself any files I need to upload to GD and put them out there the next time I'm on my PC or Chromebook. No big deal.

The only other limitation I've run across is that I'm not able to deposit checks via the Wells Fargo app. Well, it's not really an app in the truest sense of the word. It's just a web shortcut. Either way, the feature to deposit checks via the mobile device isn't available. Again, this isn't a big deal since I do direct deposit but I occasionally get a check from my ex-wife. Since I have a Priv sitting in a drawer, I'll just whip it out and use it to deposit those checks.

That's about it.
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-30-16 10:35 AM
    Good!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 06:30 PM
    It depends what you want or need.

The Passport itself is a great device!
    Awesome battery life, the screen just great (esp. the 1:1 ratio for surfing and texting), also the keyboard and camera.

So, but that's it about it.
    When you happy with "basic stuff", like handling e-mails and browsing the web or just having outstanding security/privacy - go for it.
    The Passport might be the best device for that.

But if you need some apps, like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram etc.
    You should go with Android - sure, OS10 is able to run Android apps. but it's always a work-around and it just won't work as on Android.
    There is almost no app developer support for OS10.

That's all I can say to that.

Posted via CB10
    Imho the best answer to the question.

Posted through my BlackBerry
    Slash82 likes this.
    11-08-16 01:19 AM
    Well...I can tell you that I moved from BB10.3.x to Android and I am quite happy...
    11-08-16 01:30 PM
    Good responses in this thread already but as someone who moved away from a Passport, I definitely still appreciate the things it did well.

1. E-mails. Even though other systems have Hubs too, BB10's is probably the best in terms of viewability and manipulation of messages.
    2. File management. Accessing and moving files is intuitive and much more efficient than with Android 6.0.
    3. Battery life. The Passport lasts much longer than any other phone I've had or currently have.
    4. Typing accuracy. Due to the physical keyboard, even though I am a very proficient typist of all typing mediums , I am definitely quicker and more accurate on the Passport than on any of my other all-touch devices.
    11-08-16 01:49 PM
    How are you getting on a couple of months in? It's the long-term, post-honeymoon, opinions that tend to matter most.
    12-06-16 12:16 PM
    How are you getting on a couple of months in? It's the long-term, post-honeymoon, opinions that tend to matter most.
    Still love the PSE. It's definitely a workhorse and has been my daily driver since getting it. The screen should be a bit clearer once the new lenses for my glasses come in next week. LOL! As I'm quickly approaching 50, it seems I'm fighting a losing battle with the ability to focus on things up close. Such is life...
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    12-06-16 12:25 PM
    Still love the PSE. It's definitely a workhorse and has been my daily driver since getting it. The screen should be a bit clearer once the new lenses for my glasses come in next week. LOL! As I'm quickly approaching 50, it seems I'm fighting a losing battle with the ability to focus on things up close. Such is life...
    Time to increase the font size lol.
    Mr23779 likes this.
    12-06-16 12:28 PM
    my decision to downgrade from the Priv to the Passport happened for me back in late July. That's 4+ months. Never once did I put my SIM back into the Priv. And no I don't carry it.
    Just thinking back tho, I upended the whole family to go to at&t just so I could get the Priv when it was released. Now whenever I brag about how awesome my Passport is my wife never misses the opportunity to remind me about that lol!

Apparently I am not an Android guy, but value solid communications in a phone. I have always been a BB guy since my 8130 and 9930, and the Priv never fulfilled that BB experience that I craved, the Passport does. For instance, without launching an app, I can drag and drop files to my Passport's memory at \\passport from my laptop. I can search everything from my homescreen, including settings. All communications is in one place, just one swipe to get there. There are real buttons that can be used as shortcuts to do something in apps, like T for top, B for bottom, N for next and P for previous. Swiping between homescreen icons pages is nice. The battery life is good, it shows its value mostly for me when using the Passport as a hotspot, it doesn't kill the battery as bad as my Priv did. And the most important thing is being able to screenshot my Starbucks barcode!!
    12-07-16 11:14 AM
116 ... 345