FedEx literally just dropped it off. Had to sign for it. Haven't even opened the box yet. Have to go back to the office so I won't have time to mess with it until later tonight. Looking forward to digging in and giving it a shot as my daily driver.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    10-13-16 11:52 AM
    Loved the post lol. I just realized I scrolled more than normal!!

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 

Define "NORMAL"
    10-13-16 01:10 PM
    No DUH.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    10-13-16 05:39 PM
    Define "NORMAL"
    Normal, especially nestled comfortably between quotation marks, has its own definition.
    10-13-16 06:14 PM
    I have an android phone. The only thing I use it for is games. Battery is kaput after 5 hours. The phone gets quite warm.

I have a passport. I use it for email, messages, reading, crackberry, weather, new York times news, browsing, phone, etc. Such a good phone!

I have an iphone6s+. I gave it away to my wife. Zzz.

I have a 9930. I use it for kindle reading mostly. Battery just never dies. One charge can last me a week. No kidding.

I HAD a windows lumia phone. My nephew threw it on the road from a motorcycle. That about sums up that phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-13-16 06:16 PM
    After spending a couple of hours with it, I think I've got the basics down. I'll have to unlearn everything I know about phones and start with a clean slate. This is a very different animal, but that's not a bad thing. I'm just not used to it. The strangest sensation is the 3-row PKB combined with the pop-up VKB in order to access certain keys. No big deal. I should be a pro by the end of the weekend.

Last edited by Mr23779; 10-15-16 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Spelling correction
    cbosdell likes this.
    10-13-16 06:38 PM
    Enjoy it! I was hooked by day two.
    Mr23779 likes this.
    10-13-16 06:47 PM
    After spending a couple of hours with it, I think I've got the basics down. I'll have to unlearn everything I know about phones and start with a clean slate. This is a very different animal, but that's not a bad thing. I'm just not used to it. The strangest sensation is the 3-row PKB combined with the pop-up VKB in order to acess certain keys. No big deal. I should be a pro by the end of the weekend.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...psmmam16pg.jpg
    There are some helpful video demos here: BlackBerry Passport Support - How To Demo BlackBerry Passport Smartphone Help 101 and also on Youtube there are many helpful videos. It also may be helpful to download and install a typing app such as Extreme Typist 10 to test and improve your speed (Blackberry World).
    Mr23779 likes this.
    10-13-16 06:49 PM
    Only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to synchronize the phone with my GMail account whenever I read or delete an email on the phone. What I mean is that if I open or delete an email on my PSE, I'd like those emails to show up as opened or deleted in my GMail account. I'm sure I'm missing something simple.

I've already set Auto-Expunge to OFF and "Move the message to the Trash" in the IMAP Settings within GMail. Should I also change the POP Download settings to "Mark Gmail's copy as read"?
    10-13-16 07:04 PM
    I think I've got the email issue I mentioned above solved. It seems those settings did the trick.

Impressions so far are quite favorable. As I mentioned before, this is a different animal and while I'm still getting used to where things are and how to go about doing certain things, I like the work flow it provides.

10-14-16 12:45 PM
    It really is quite different to the android and iphone experience. What do you like so far? And what don't you like / are you having difficulty with? Having used BB10 since its inception, it's hard for me to remember what it felt like to use it for the first time.
    10-14-16 03:27 PM
    It really is quite different to the android and iphone experience. What do you like so far? And what don't you like / are you having difficulty with? Having used BB10 since its inception, it's hard for me to remember what it felt like to use it for the first time.
    I can never forget the first time I had a Z10. I actually returned it because the battery life was so awful after almost a month. That initial feeling of getting to know a new OS from the ground up was awesome.

It sucks that we could never have that feeling again. Even with switching phones like the Z10(I couldn't resist and bought another one lol), classic, and Passport, the feeling of the OS is still the same.

I was hoping bb10 was going to last for a long time in development and that BlackBerry was going to somehow pull the rabbit out of the hat and do something special, but it wasn't meant to be.

I'm still going to be rocking BB10 until I can't anymore.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    10-14-16 03:46 PM
    Stick with IMAP, not POP.

One of the features I hope BB10 would extend is labels. You can't assign multiple labels on the Hub for Gmail. But you're able to do single labels, but can't remove or move it. At least I can't figure it out.

Also, undo send isn't available. Would be nice to have that for quick-fingers.

All in all is pretty complete for most parts.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-14-16 03:52 PM
    What do you like so far? And what don't you like / are you having difficulty with?
    It's really hard to put a finger on it. At the risk of alienating both iPhone and Android users and starting a flame war in this thread, I'll just say that it's a very different OS experience.

Having used the Hub+ Android services/app on my LG V10 and using a Blackberry Priv for about a month before the infamous NO SERVICE issues (without a solution in sight), BB10 is a departure from both of those platforms. I'm probably using the wrong words here, but Hub on the BB10 just seems less fragmented. In essence, the experience is seamless, more intuitive, and more "put together" (whatever that means) for me. Love the ability of having "quick peek" access to the Hub from anywhere without actually having to leave the app in use.

I was a bit overwhelmed at first trying to move from Android to BB10, but that feeling quickly subsided as I noodled around with the SE and settled into a groove.
    10-14-16 04:14 PM
    I got my Passport yesterday and I'm liking it so far - bit of a learning curve coming from Android but I think I have it down. Many of the things I was used to on my Android are the same on the Passport (like swiping down from the top to access settings to turn on/off wi-fi, etc.). I like the Hub since everything gets put into one place and I don't have to navigate through different programs/apps to see messages. I like the OS so far and it's been pretty easy to pick up. The only thing I can't get to work is my college email account - my Gmail account worked fine. College one is through Microsoft Outlook and I think that's a known issue or something? Love having a physical keyboard again after all these years and the phone feels solid and well built. I will echo what others said in that apps are a joke, but I don't really use any so it's not an issue for me. I can't figure out how to get the Google Play Services thing to work on the BB (another thread I know), but it's minor.

Anyway, liking it so far and I've been using Android for the last five years. If apps are not an issue, I say go for it. If someone is a heavy app user, I would probably steer clear of it.
    10-14-16 05:24 PM
    Stick with IMAP, not POP.

One of the features I hope BB10 would extend is labels. You can't assign multiple labels on the Hub for Gmail. But you're able to do single labels, but can't remove or move it. At least I can't figure it out.

All in all is pretty complete for most parts.

I love bb10, but you will find a lot of things that they did but feel like they could have went further with it.

Examples like blend and the one I just noticed this week that you can make a zip file, but no a password protected one.

If you have a laptop, blend is still awesome. I use it everyday on my mac.

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    10-14-16 06:22 PM
    Had me plenty of BBs but never a Passport as my carrier didn't sell them. However, after having been on an Android, I think you will see the app part of your phone very unsatisfying on a BB as compared to an Android. I made the move from BB to android and i could kick myself for not doing it sooner. I don't miss one thing about BB. I know a lot of people will tell you there's no better OS, but nothing is much different on any platform anymore. Just my opinion.

I hope you get a chance to try a Passport and end up loving it as much as those who own one do.
    Funny, every time I see this person post a comment, it's just to say how android is so much better than BlackBerry 10. Just move to android central already and stop posting here.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-16 08:58 PM
    @OP

Make sure to keep your software updated, although the twilight of BB10 development means you won't have to worry about it too much. What's the OS version on your Passport?

Funny, every time I see this person post a comment, it's just to say how android is so much better than BlackBerry 10. Just move to android central already and stop posting here.

Posted via CB10
    I don't miss my Passport, but I am on a BlackBerry Priv, so I guess I can stay.
    10-15-16 11:18 PM
    What's the OS version on your Passport?
    I just checked for any OTA updates and it said I had the latest version but if I understand correctly a .798 update is available via download?
    10-16-16 08:46 AM
    I just checked for any OTA updates and it said I had the latest version but if I understand correctly a .798 update is available via download?
    2836 is newer than 798.

There is 2848 (aka 10.3.2.2888) available manually, although I'm not sure it would be too much of a difference.

But if you haven't already, do this: Android Runtime update for BlackBerry 10 now available | CrackBerry.com
    10-16-16 10:44 AM
    2836 is newer than 798.

There is 2848 (aka 10.3.2.2888) available manually, although I'm not sure it would be too much of a difference.

But if you haven't already, do this: Android Runtime update for BlackBerry 10 now available | CrackBerry.com

Understood, sir. Thank you! Much appreciated. Will do the Runtime update ASAP!
    10-16-16 10:49 AM
    So I have really been considering a SE passport. I currently have a priv and have T-Mobile. Has anybody used the cobalt Google play or snap recently? I had the black passport a couple of years ago and it worked except for the no Google services issue. Is that problem fixed? I like to play games mostly clash of clans and candy crush but I also use it for lots of communication, work email, personal, text ect.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-16-16 12:10 PM
    was hoping bb10 was going to last for a long time in development and that BlackBerry was going to somehow pull the rabbit out of the hat and do something special, but it wasn't meant to be.

I'm still going to be rocking BB10 until I can't anymore.
    I understand completely. Even though there hasn't been an OS update in ages, especially in phone-years, I find BB10 to be as relevant today as it was even a couple of years ago. It still works, it still puts all messages in one centralized hub, it's still a capable browser, PDF and "Office Files" reader, and it's still just as lacking in apps (which, let's face it, if that were a concern, people wouldn't still use BB10). Thank goodness BB10 doesn't have a BIS dependency, so it can continue to run in its current form for quite some time yet.

Like you, I'm one of those "from my cold, dead, hands" types when it comes to BB10 and a PKB. At least until a worthy successor comes along. Sorry to say, even Blackberry's take on Android doesn't quite check all those boxes.
    emanuel0ss0 likes this.
    10-16-16 12:32 PM
    So I have really been considering a SE passport. I currently have a priv and have T-Mobile. Has anybody used the cobalt Google play or snap recently? I had the black passport a couple of years ago and it worked except for the no Google services issue. Is that problem fixed? I like to play games mostly clash of clans and candy crush but I also use it for lots of communication, work email, personal, text ect.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Games is out of the question for those.

Communication, it depends which apps you use most. For starters, whatsapp is officially discontinued, and messenger works on browser, although an older version works fine for messenging.

10-16-16 01:01 PM
    There are apps for that. Search for later send on bbw

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 01:02 PM
116 12345