I only have a single GMail account I'm interested in using. I never bother with work email (which is also hosted by Google) on my personal devices. If it doesn't get answered during normal working hours while I have access to a computer, I'm not going to have my personal time interrupted with work nonsense on my personal device. It can wait until morning when I'm at the office and make a concerted effort to check work email messages.

No Yahoo account, or other for that matter, to worry myself with. I like to keep it simple.
    Lucky you. I have three different email accounts, excluding work, and the Contacts app sometimes will get too clever and merge ones that shouldn't be merged.

As for apps, you have access to everything in the Play Store, just search for "Cobalt Play Store". The problem with Amazon is that their apps may not be updated. It doesn't work well for apps using the Google maps service, but everything else I've tried has been okay. I'm not a huge app user, so ymmv.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    10-10-16 08:37 PM
    I came from an Android Marshmallow device to a Passport almost two months ago. I am not app crazed, but I do like apps over using websites. Between BBW and an Android app store of your choice, I have not run into availability or compatibility issues. I have no idea why people bemoan the app situation on BB10. Based on what you said, you, like me, will be very happy with a Passport.
    acovey likes this.
    10-10-16 09:38 PM
    I just tell you one thing.... buy it!!! life is only one! don't live with the doubt the rest of your life!, buy it, enjoy it! money comes and go!, you maybe spent a lot of money in useless things before!, I think passport worth the money! get one!
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    10-11-16 05:51 AM
    I have no idea why people bemoan the app situation on BB10.
    I've noticed that, too. Different strokes for different folks and all that, but there certainly seems to be several options available to meet the various needs.

Wonder what the 10.3.3 update will bring. Just a security patch or will there be some greater value-added benefits? I guess that's the big question and one in which only time can answer.
    10-11-16 07:13 AM
    For me, Android is a deeply unsatisfying experience (and I'm an OS 'connoiseur' lulz) and I get along fine with the Amazon Appstore and Snap. BB10 is so far superior to Android from a technical point of view that it's just ridiculous.
    10-11-16 07:30 AM
    Long story short...

Former BES Administrator (among other things) with Novell GroupWise integration for a large school district, moved into the world of Android around 4.0, and more recently dabbled with the Priv amalgam. Daily driver is an LG V10 since AT&T turned my Priv into a useless brick. Link here

Although I'm fully ensconced in the Android/Google world, with prices dropping on the Passport SE to dump remaining stock and given my continuing curiosity with BB OS 10.3.x (currently on its death march), would I be happy with a 10.3.x device or would that jump be too awkward? Any others jump from Android to BB OS? How was that transition for you?

I realize those are subjective questions, but I'm intrigued with the 10.3.x OS experience and have been away from BlackBerry OS for too long to make any assumptions, thus the questions.

Of course, I could always utilize the Cobalt232 Google Play Store for BB10 solution, if absolutely necessary.
    I am sure you know that BB10 is a dead platform and if that doesn't scare you off you should get a Passport SE.
    They are cheap enough that its not a big hit if you find it unworkable but I guess you will like the challenge.
    Its a neat phone but don't get rid of you V10 right away.
    10-11-16 08:20 AM
    Order placed. I just couldn't pass up the SE for $320 shipped to my door from BB.

I know BB10 is gasping. I hear its death rattle, but it's not going to stop me. Maybe 10.3.3 comes out, but then again, maybe it won't. I'm okay with that. If it doesn't work out, I can return it to BB within 30 days or throw it in my drawer of misfit toys and forget about it. Toss it into life's little dustbin of broken dreams.

😀
    10-11-16 08:54 AM
    My 2 cents worth. Yes, it all depends on how you plan to use your phone. I would say that the one thing the Passport offers that the Priv does not, is the wide screen. For me, my weak left eye improved because of it.

Pros for Passport: great OS, screen size, battery life. Superior phone call quality, better overall usability as a phone and PDA functions, Notification Profiles and although support has been withdrawn, I would say things like Blend make it easier to use whilst on the computer.

Pros for Priv: Android apps and ecosystem. I'll also say that if one compared the initial launch to what it is today, there is a difference - improvements in the OS, especially the Hub, make it better. I've found that after replacing my first Priv, battery life improved greatly (20% better/longer life day-over-day). I prefer the keyboard only because it's a full pkb as opposed to the Passport's hybrid.

If they ever produce another Passport with the full keyboard it would be better from my perspective. I'm not a fan of the curved screen on the Priv as it tends to start apps simply because I pick up the phone. The power button should be on top of the Priv, as even putting it into a holster will occasionally result in a reboot. I feel both phones could use a bit more balance towards the bottom.

All said, the one I'm using as my primary is the Priv - the Passport is my backup.
    10-11-16 09:24 AM
    I'd never had a Blackberry before, only Android; BB10 is very easy to use, fluid, with plenty of well thought out details, which while reproducible on Android usually require additional Apps, some clunky, some not, some secure, some not. While Cobalt's laudable hack can work you need to decide if your time and effort is worth it, and then see if the apps work well or are too clunky. For instance I would have loved to use Telegram but while I did manage to install the Android version, it doesn't play nice with the Passport's keyboard; Uber didn't work, now it does; I couldn't get Google maps to work. And Amazon's Kindle, installed from their own appstore, makes the Passport get hot and the battery last way less...

As a work device the Passport woks well for me, with seamless access to Dropbox, Box, the ability to see and edit office documents, and the browser is very comfortable on the square display. Things are far from perfect with Apple, every update seems to bring trouble for a lot of people, and Android has severe security problems, the fact that Nougat bricked some Nexus 5x made me reconsider them as the cheap and safe choice, on top of the fact they seem to have abandoned the Nexus line in favour of more expensive Pixel...
    10-11-16 10:32 AM
    Everyone has some great ideas here.... But for "US" to know if you'd TRULY be happy... knowing you're likes and dislikes is a "start," but I wouldn't want to mislead you., so I'd require a bit more information, such as:
    Did you have a happy childhood?
    Did you have a good relationship with your mother and so on!

But as a seriously cracked member..... I've had my passport since the day it was releast. It runs so smoothly and despite all the opinions saying BB10 is dead... somehow it's still very alive on my device and although the OS has reached its peak ( maintenance, and fixes to come)
    I couldn't be happier and haven't even considered moving.
    Sure.... it doesn't have some of the new " totally cool dude" games and other playthings that seem to be a major factor when making your life changing decision as to what "conveniently" handheld mobile device you choose... but then, at this very early stage of the Digital era,.. What we're talking about is really just a very advanced TOY! (kinda like something from The Sharper Image)

And while this latest generation is under the illusion the these devices should "JUST WORK" ... You're not going to find the perfect device because it doesn't exist, yet!
    And when mobile devices DO become perfect, they will all be taken off the market the following day and be replaced with some kind of digital chip implant and then, of course, by then, the machines will have already started to rebel and things probably won't end well, so
    rather than get a device and be frustrated because of what you can't do with it, get a device and be happy with what you can do with it and just enjoy it while you can.

( Despite being 65 and not being able to see as well as I used to) I just don't get playing games on anything as small as the "way too many choices")of devices being offered. I have a very nice 60" 3D HDTV for the REALLY cool fun stuff.

I use my Passport as RIM/Blackberry has always intended (up to now) which was to target a somewhat more business minded demographic.
    A long time ago in a world that no longer seems to exist.. I would have said an older, more mature demographic but in today's world where the children are acting more like teenagers and teanagers are acting more like adults and our so called leaders are acting more like children, it's become somewhat more confusing to know what we used to just take for granted.
    Until now, BlackBerry never advertized like the other guys which is all about your social network and sharing music, video's and photos while letting the world know :
    WHAT you're doing,
    WHERE you're going
    HOW you're getting there
    WHEN to get there and
    WHY you went there in the first place.

OK! I admit, they should have jump on that bandwagon, but we already get so many complaints about how much they had to spend on their devices, It probably would have just ended up with five times the amount of complainers we already have.
    They complain about the name, they complain about the color.
    For a long time i thought this was a comedy website ...

And it's just my opinion, but asking that kind of question on this forum will, no doubt, just confuse you more.
    You'd be better off asking friends and acquaintances who's opinions you trust.

But then, if you have to ask this group of misfits (myself included) what would make you happy, your issues go much deeper than what mobile device you want.

But, you're not alone. I'm just one of the lucky ones that just enjoys what my device DOES offer.

Now, where were we? Oh, yes... about your childhood...........
    10-11-16 03:05 PM
    10-11-16 03:21 PM
    I know the current WeChat BB10 version is hideiously out of date and the current WeChat app on the play store won't work on the Passport. I had to get a somewhat older version and it works with 90% functionaliy with a few workarounds (chat migration is broken, and sight camera is upside down, plus needs zoomed out view resizing to work).
    Which version do you use?

I use 6.3.13 and it works fine for most parts, or at least none of the problems you face. I run in full default view. I couldn't get WeChat WeRun to count my steps, but I think that has to do with Android 4.3 limitation on BB10.

Money transfer, cab ordering, etc works fine. Although it can be slow sometimes. A restart makes it ok again.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    10-11-16 03:34 PM

Thanks for being a good sport!
    Mr23779 likes this.
    10-11-16 04:48 PM
    Now, where were we? Oh, yes... about your childhood...........
    I cut most of your post out of the quote since I wanted you to know I was talking to you.

Would I be happy moving from Android to 10.3.x on a Passport?-long-thread.jpg

 Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2876 
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    10-12-16 12:20 AM
    Just joking btw.

10-12-16 12:20 AM
    improvements in the OS, especially the Hub, make it better.

I prefer the keyboard only because it's a full pkb as opposed to the Passport's hybrid.

If they ever produce another Passport with the full keyboard it would be better from my perspective.
    My wish for 10.4 (yes, hypothetically speaking) is to get the Hub updates...it is the one thing that may make me jump to the Priv if the firm eventually supports it.

I also wish they had just increased the length by 1 cm to put in the fourth row as punctuation and numbers are an important part of my messages. Okay, it would no longer be Canadian passport-sized, but there must be another country with a slightly longer passport.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    tazcubed likes this.
    10-12-16 08:54 AM
    Maybe they can make it the size of a paperback. New name, but somewhere close to the size you're talking about.

Posted via the Priv, unless by Passport or laptop or something else...
    10-12-16 09:11 AM
    Maybe they can make it the size of a paperback. New name, but somewhere close to the size you're talking about.

Posted via the Priv, unless by Passport or laptop or something else...
    I would really like a phone that size.
    At that size a physical keyboard isn't necessary or even desirable, IMO.
    10-12-16 09:16 AM
    I also wish they had just increased the length by 1 cm to put in the fourth row as punctuation and numbers are an important part of my messages.
    Looking at the passport, if they used up some of the dead space in the top bezel, the extra row could have existed without increasing the size of the device. Having said that, it's quite easy to adjust to punctuation and numbers above the PKB. At first it was awkward, but after a few days it felt second nature.

If you think about it, on something like a Q10, for numbers it was Alt letter, Alt letter, Alt letter, Alt letter, or long-press Alt, then enter the series of numbers, then long-press Alt. Once you committed those to muscle memory, it would happen without thinking. On the Passport, it's "@123" then left thumb for the entire series of numbers. Passport's method is no less efficient, in fact it may be slightly quicker overall. Same thing, once it's in muscle memory, it happens without thinking.

It's funny now to use my android, which (thanks to Cobalt) sports the fantastic BB VKB. I find I can switch between both methods of input seamlessly, and without thinking about it. It's not unlike switching between violin, guitar and piano, for those who are music-geeks like me.
    10-12-16 02:49 PM
    Fast shipping. Didn't expect that!

Phone is currently in transit from Little Rock, AR and shows delivery to me in Texas...
    Scheduled delivery:
    Thu 10/13/2016 by end of day
    10-12-16 02:58 PM
    I cut most of your post out of the quote since I wanted you to know I was talking to you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Long thread.jpg 
Views:	454 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	409906

First... Thanks for noticing!
    Actually, most of my rants are much longer and more intense. Short, long.... It's still just my opinion!!
    It's always my hope that you guys see the "off the wall" comedy in it and still get the message and understand I always try to go in a positive direction.

And I never know what I'm going to say until I start typing. People either "get" me or they don't. But it's always my intention to try to get people NOT to think in just black and white.( yes or no) but to consider ALL the colors in between.

And, it's OK even if you're NOT joking! (btw) You took the extra time to post your opinion with a (very cool) image which means something I said must have hit a button.

But, in the end, it's just my opinion.
    10-12-16 03:07 PM
    In terms of functionality and content, moving away from Android to BB10 is a terrible choice.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-12-16 03:22 PM
    Not a passport but, a Z30 but still BB10 so my question to you is... why cant you go to google.com and get all your mail and contacts for gmail.com

 Pr1ngle
    10-12-16 03:36 PM
    Passport should've been 100% perfect if belt was there like in the classic version, but I love it anyway
    10-12-16 03:48 PM
    First... Thanks for noticing!
    Actually, most of my rants are much longer and more intense. Short, long.... It's still just my opinion!!
    It's always my hope that you guys see the "off the wall" comedy in it and still get the message and understand I always try to go in a positive direction.

And I never know what I'm going to say until I start typing. People either "get" me or they don't. But it's always my intention to try to get people NOT to think in just black and white.( yes or no) but to consider ALL the colors in between.

And, it's OK even if you're NOT joking! (btw) You took the extra time to post your opinion with a (very cool) image which means something I said must have hit a button.

But, in the end, it's just my opinion.
    Loved the post lol. I just realized I scrolled more than normal!!

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    10-13-16 11:50 AM
116 1234 ...