My PP has been working great. If this phone broke today I'd get another. The Priv is nice but the OS is not as good as BB10. About the only thing tempting to me about the Priv, is camera quality.

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    02-18-16 02:40 PM
    I am exactly in the same situation, and I chose yesterday to go with the Passport. Hell, I've been wanting this phone since before it got out. At least I will have got the chance to try it, and I hope BB10 will get the support this magnificent OS deserve for the next few years. Fingers crossed; I should receive it monday!
    BerrySoul likes this.
    02-18-16 04:52 PM
    My Passport SE . The one and only for me!
    Would I Be Crazy To Buy A Passport?-bb-passport-se.jpg

  
    02-18-16 05:34 PM
    i bought my SE expecting BB10's EOL, and i don't regret the purchase.
    Neither do i regret buting the Classic with BB10's future in doubt.
    02-18-16 07:20 PM
    even if bb10 support did stopped, would our phones survive with basic functionality? just lack of updates? even if BlackBerry world died off, I'll use some outdated android apps to do my basics
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-18-16 07:25 PM
    OP - You are not crazy for getting a PP, I will say my PP has had the screen lift issue AND double typing but the double typing has stopped with the newest OS upgrade. I had a Q10 also and there will be a learning curve with the PP however once yu get used to the PP it really is a great phone, if BB10 did die tomorrow then the only thing that would stop is the upgrades, it isn't that big of a deal.

The last thing I will say is that I consistently get asked about the PP, seriously, because the phone has an unconventional (by today's standards I guess) shape, people ask me what phone is that and are usully surprised to find out it is a BB. If you live in any sort of urban setting then it will probably happen to you as well, do not fear the lost of BB10 it really isn't that big of a deal.

My current PP is ding up to hell so I will be buying another PP for 250 off CL, I seriously think this might be the only phone I have for the next two years.

Good luck
    02-18-16 07:46 PM
    Okay you can call me crazy if you like but I've done it - gone and ordered my first BlackBerry Passport SE!

I live in Australia and there's none available here so I've had to order from the UK. Ordered from Clove Technologies - good price too - cheaper than the current shop BlackBerry offer.

Can't wait for it to arrive :-)

Posted via CB10
    DOCTOREVIL8 and Montmartre like this.
    02-19-16 07:10 AM
    Of course you are crazy. So am I. But isn't craziness what life is all about? Great choice! I personally own a PP SE and just love it. Cheers. ;-)

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 01:21 PM
    The Passport is a great phone which is at the end of the line. Think of it as a collectors piece, just like the Bold 9900. Don't expect many updates too for the OS and especially for Apps.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 01:37 PM
    I am very crazy happy with my Passport. No problems at all even after a year of purchase. I will hold onto it until it stops working.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    02-19-16 01:59 PM
    Actually, you are not crazy to buy the Passport. The Passport will get updates for two years and even after that you're phone won't stop working.

I've been an Android user for quite some time and Android OEMs are notoriously slow in rolling out updates for their phones. And almost all Android brands do abandon rolling out updates to two years or older phones. So even if Android M is already being rolled out, most two year old Android flagships won't get it. And most one year old non-flagship phones won't even get an update at all.

When I first tried the Passport and joined this forum, I was surprised that phones as old as the Z10 and Q10 continue to get updates. Yes, surprised because I was an Android user for quite some time and they do tend not to update older models. This, is what I think drives people to buy newer Android phones and what drives BlackBerry users to hold on to their phones longer.

IOS updates older phones but limits a couple of features in the older phones. This is genius, by the way, because even if you have the old iPhone 4s you won't feel abandoned because you get updates. By limiting some features, it gives you reason to upgrade. But Apple does has a longer update cycle for their devices.

At any rate, the Passport is a good device, so if it fits your needs now, the likelihood that it will fit your needs a year or two from now is very high. And a two year life span for a celphone is already good IMO.
    Montmartre likes this.
    02-19-16 02:44 PM
    I moved up from the Q10 also! Its a great phone for your basic needs!

Posted via CB10
    Montmartre likes this.
    02-19-16 02:54 PM
    Lol screen lift, the screen lift thing started when that guy did what he did to the spyphone so people started bending passports or trying to and that was the most you well get from trying to bend it. The thing that I hate the most about forums is that anyone can post anything, true or false, half a lie or twist the truth.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 08:37 PM
    I've been on my Q10 for about 2 1/2 years and I just got my Passport ( Black) a couple days ago and I just love it, I don't think you can go wrong !
    Montmartre likes this.
    02-20-16 02:50 AM
    OS10 is not only live and well but still the most advanced device for enterprise services (work email/contacts/calendar) and user interface, compared to GFE on Priv for example. I have ordered a new SE last week and look forward to moving back to Passport from my Priv. OS10 will not go away, it will evolve to become a "master of enterprise services" instead of jack of all trades like iOS and Android.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-20-16 03:38 AM
    Get it! I am planning to get a passport as well. BlackBerry 10 is still around. No dying. Chen has been mentioning that multiple times.

Posted via CB10
    J_Apryono likes this.
    02-20-16 03:43 AM
    OP, get it. I believe that this BB10 OS will last not less than 2 years from now.
    If you already knew how good PP is, then just get it. This working beast will not disappoint you

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 06:16 AM
    Went back to my passport from priv

Posted via CB10
    Chris Chin likes this.
    02-20-16 06:41 AM
    OS10 is not only live and well but still the most advanced device for enterprise services (work email/contacts/calendar) and user interface,
    Yes totally agree - BB10 is without doubt the most productive and efficient OS out there - I just couldn't give it up and that's why I've gone ahead and ordered my Passport SE!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 07:34 AM
    OS10 is not only live and well but still the most advanced device for enterprise services (work email/contacts/calendar) and user interface,
    Yeah, totally agree. BB10 is the most productive and efficient OS out there.

I just couldn't give it up and that's why I have gone and ordered a Passport SE!

Posted via CB10
    anon(9088244) likes this.
    02-20-16 07:40 AM
    Yes,you are. You will spend around 500$ for:
    1. The device that lacks many apps but has enough usefull apps for your communication, your social networks, your work
    2. The device that has a biggest form, can not use with one hand and a little bit big to put in your pocket (especially if skinny jeans) but has very good screen that gives you the convenience to read documents and web browsing...
    3. The device that you will rarely see in your office, in the streets but will make you different among the crowd.
    4. The device that has no more support OS but still be used for several next years with no complaints, strong built hardware, biggest battery.

Posted via The Beast Passport Red
    02-20-16 08:30 AM
    Thanks for that Niwal, in reply:
    1. Apps? I have all that I need through BlackBerry World and the stock BB10 apps.

2. Size? Not a problem to me - I also own a Lumia 1520 one of the biggest phones on the market.

3. Attention grabbing - that's got to be a plus ;-)

4. BB10 OS is going to be supported for some time to come just not developed - I think it should be good for another 2 years

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 08:46 AM
    I just bought a Passport...again. It was delivered yesterday. Love it and missed it!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 09:11 AM
    Went from Priv to Passport SE last month. Nothing beats this productivity beast.

The powerful browser substitutes most apps I used on Android (and iOS before that), with the benefit of not having to give up all the information on my phone just to use a damn news app.

BB10 is the most fluid OS on the market, period. So long as there are bug fixes and security updates, I don't see myself moving away from my Passport for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    joeyjay and anon(9088244) like this.
    02-20-16 10:03 AM
    Of course I recommend you to buy either passport or classic and blackberry has announced that bb10 will be upgraded to 10.3.3 this year

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 10:47 AM
51 123