From where you are completely blind!
    For 3:2 you can check Microsoft's AIO reviews which almost every one said the same fact!
    For 16:9 it is really obvious
    About 1:1 maybe not true cause it mostly based on my own observations!

Posted via CB10
    So you're saying Windows Mobile is part of your fact basis? Failure based on more failure??
    12-18-17 03:19 PM
    Passport has a 1:1 ratio screen - NOT compatible with Android.

So, for the gazillionth and one time... NO. 🎅
    Mmmm... I wonder how it goes that I use every day some android apps :-)

Posted via CB10
    falbo likes this.
    12-18-17 03:59 PM
    So you're saying Windows Mobile is part of your fact basis?Failure based on more failure ??
    Do you even know what AIO (all in one) is?
    It seems "Failure based on more failure" more suits to you!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mojarch; 12-18-17 at 05:38 PM.
    12-18-17 05:13 PM
    As a designer, your first statement makes no sense whatsoever.

For your second, 16x9 is just the HDTV ratio decided upon back in the early 90s. It doesn't even match any existing theatrical aspect ratios exactly.

Third... I've never seen a 1:1 (square) dedicated e-reader.
    hmmm!
    But lots of other designer say opposite!
    And about second one I know it is just because cinemas want to be different from tv's and they chose to go for wide-screen which finally lead to 16:9 become the main aspect ratio that every one using since than.
    But as I said it gives some feeling about surround view!

And for 3rd one just check the comment before your original comment!

Posted via CB10
    12-18-17 05:33 PM
    hmmm!
    But lots of other designer say opposite!
    And about second one I know it is just because cinemas want to be different from tv's and they chose to go for wide-screen which finally lead to 16:9 become the main aspect ratio that every one using since than.
    But as I said it gives some feeling about surround view!

And for 3rd one just check the comment before your original comment!

Posted via CB10
    What is the aspect ratio of a page in a book?
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-18-17 05:48 PM
    Hey, my preschooler has some square books lmao.
    Carjackd likes this.
    12-18-17 08:16 PM
    Do you even know what AIO (all in one) is?
    It seems "Failure based on more failure" more suits to you!

Posted via CB10
    My comment was that you're bringing up Microsoft in mobile hardware discussion.
    12-18-17 08:38 PM
    Hey, my preschooler has some square books lmao.
    Did you ever try and fit them in round holes?
    12-18-17 08:49 PM
    Mmmm... I wonder how it goes that I use every day some android apps :-)

Posted via CB10
    No one has answered this yet! I think some of us are interested to know the answer

Posted via CB10
    12-19-17 05:38 AM
    No one has answered this yet! I think some of us are interested to know the answer

Posted via CB10
    They run but in many cases not properly and are not formatted properly or just shrunk down to fit. The runtime was not originally intended to run Android apps on BlackBerry 10 but rather a tool for developers. I had a Q10, and most apps did not work correctly or were cutoff because they weren't designed for a square screen.
    12-19-17 06:02 AM
    They run but in many cases not properly and are not formatted properly or just shrunk down to fit. The runtime was not originally intended to run Android apps on BlackBerry 10 but rather a tool for developers. I had a Q10, and most apps did not work correctly or were cutoff because they weren't designed for a square screen.
    OK thanks for your help and reply as I try and understand this. So they can shrink things down to fit the passport

Posted via CB10
    12-19-17 10:43 AM
    OK thanks for your help and reply as I try and understand this. So they can shrink things down to fit the passport

Posted via CB10
    It is not the same for every app because they weren't designed for this type of use. Passport seems to work the best with Android apps though. I found them to be sluggish, unresponsive, and/or simply did not work. They also were huge battery killers for me. Some even killed my battery in a few hours even though they were closed.

This was a workaround and really not a long term solution.
    12-19-17 10:46 AM
    This is probably why I find my passport getting hot at the top rear part of the phone when using a android app. Thanks for explaining

Posted via CB10
    12-19-17 11:16 AM
    This is probably why I find my passport getting hot at the top rear part of the phone when using a android app. Thanks for explaining

Posted via CB10
    My Q10 also got hot with certain Android apps. And they can misbehave and keep running which can keep your phone running warm.
    12-19-17 11:23 AM
    A book is not exactly the same thing as an electronic reader, because the eyes do the scrolling on the physical page. Grant it a book is more ideal for reading than an electronic device, however its bulk storage and multifunction disadvantages are obvious. But the question is, what is the essential focal or reading area that the eyes and brain are most comfortable with accomadating without excessive scrolling (eye fatigue, line length, sufficient number of lines, sustaining stream of thought without too frequent scolling/paging interruptions etc). A paragraph or two or more may approximate an ideal. One could argue the passport 1:1 offers a closer to ideal compromise for reading, under the obvious contraints of the necessity of it being a small device.
    Because we generally focus on a circular area with our eyesight -closely approximated by a square (hence 1:1), not usually in rectangular areas.

16:9 is not for reading, its for movie watching - a different function of the eyes and brain. The 1:1 or similiar works far better for this function than the 16:9, unless we start moving into phablet territory......though the never got to z20/20 playbook2 flip-phone (on a vertical axis), (think 2 z30's joined along a spine) screen phone might be even more ideal for the document reading functions.
    12-19-17 02:19 PM
    A book is not exactly the same thing as an electronic reader, because the eyes do the scrolling on the physical page. Grant it a book is more ideal for reading than an electronic device, however its bulk storage and multifunction disadvantages are obvious. But the question is, what is the essential focal or reading area that the eyes and brain are most comfortable with accomadating without excessive scrolling (eye fatigue, line length, sufficient number of lines, sustaining stream of thought without too frequent scolling/paging interruptions etc). A paragraph or two or more may approximate an ideal. One could argue the passport 1:1 offers a closer to ideal compromise for reading, under the obvious contraints of the necessity of it being a small device.
    Because we generally focus on a circular area with our eyesight -closely approximated by a square (hence 1:1), not usually in rectangular areas.

16:9 is not for reading, its for movie watching - a different function of the eyes and brain. The 1:1 or similiar works far better for this function than the 16:9, unless we start moving into phablet territory......though the never got to z20/20 playbook2 flip-phone (on a vertical axis), (think 2 z30's joined along a spine) screen phone might be even more ideal for the document reading functions.
    Essentially every piece of media content in the world has naturally gravitated to a rectangular shape - TV, movies, book/magazine/newspaper pages, architectural drawings, etc, etc. There is a reason for this.
    12-19-17 02:24 PM
    Yes there is a Passport with Windows, one with Symbian and iOS as well.. coming soon to a nightmare near you.
    12-19-17 02:37 PM
    First sorry for late answer!
    Second it seems to be 16:9
    But human eye filed of view is 155 degree by 122 which is almost identical to 4:3 and from this I can say everything cubish will be better to look and read from!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-17 04:16 AM
    My comment was that you're bringing up Microsoft in mobile hardware discussion.
    Well still irrelevant cause all my point was about aspect ratio not hardware directly!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Mojarch; 12-24-17 at 04:30 AM.
    12-24-17 04:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    That is actually true and mostly because the phone gives 2of 4 cores to android runtime and those poor cores had to work with max frequency to maintain virtual android (the runtime) smooth and fluid!

Posted via CB10
    12-24-17 04:24 AM
70 123