If blackberry passport would come again with android version I would loved to buy one.
    12-17-17 03:22 AM
    For the gazillionth time...
    NO.
    Carjackd and Birdbox8 like this.
    12-17-17 03:43 AM
    Don't listen to johnny_bravo72, he did not have his coffee this morning...read this:

http://en.prothom-alo.com/science-te...ty-on-the-rise
    12-17-17 06:09 AM
    Don't listen to johnny_bravo72, he did not have his coffee this morning...read this:

http://en.prothom-alo.com/science-te...ty-on-the-rise
    Your link is irrelevant.
    Passport has 4.5" size screen. Phablets have at minimum a 5.5" screen.
    Passport has a 1:1 ratio screen - NOT compatible with Android.

So, for the gazillionth and one time... NO. 🎅
    Carjackd and Birdbox8 like this.
    12-17-17 06:51 AM
    So why not a passport with a 5.5" size screen, which clearly this is where we are now with smartphones and the ratio will eventually be the standard at 1:1. Not compatible? with technology these days anything is possible. You need to change your 🎅emoji to a 👹grinch...
    falbo and ShalokShalom like this.
    12-17-17 07:05 AM
    So why not a passport with a 5.5" size screen, which clearly this is where we are now with smartphones and the ratio will eventually be the standard at 1:1. Not compatible? with technology these days anything is possible. You need to change your 🎅emoji to a 👹grinch...
    It was called the Passport because it was Passport-sized. You can't call it that anymore if you increase its size.
    Wake up! And...
    Bah! Humbug! 😈
    Last edited by johnny_bravo72; 12-17-17 at 07:38 AM.
    falbo and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    12-17-17 07:09 AM
    So why not a passport with a 5.5" size screen, which clearly this is where we are now with smartphones and the ratio will eventually be the standard at 1:1. Not compatible? with technology these days anything is possible. You need to change your emoji to a grinch...
    You go and convince Google to change the Material Design specs. We'll wait here.
    ShalokShalom likes this.
    12-17-17 09:01 AM
    If blackberry passport would come again with android version I would loved to buy one.
    K then.
    12-17-17 09:16 AM
    You go and convince Google to change the Material Design specs. We'll wait here.
    Let me know when you here the sounds of crickets...convince what the masses are already using in other countries is a silly objective. I live in reality and this is clearly the direction the technology is going. I will save a seat for you when you purchase your first phablet aka a revised passport on Android.
    12-17-17 09:58 AM
    Let me know when you here the sounds of crickets...convince what the masses are already using in other countries is a silly objective. I live in reality and this is clearly the direction the technology is going. I will save a seat for you when you purchase your first phablet aka a revised passport on Android.
    What 1:1 ratio devices are the "masses" currently using in other countries (contrary to Google's specifications and therefore ineligible for Google Play Services and apps)?
    Carjackd and ShalokShalom like this.
    12-17-17 10:02 AM
    An Android phablet with a 1:1 ratio screen...
    Coming soon...
    NOT! 😸
    12-17-17 10:28 AM
    Passport on android isn't anymore passport.
    Passport is the best device on bb10!!!
    And blackberry just software company isn't anymore blackberry customers loved. It's too clear for me...
    You have priv, keyone, motion... I think they are good, but tell me truth are they blackberry you know?
    Again and again I say management killed this nice OS and nice devices!!! Someone here are trying to show us how clever is Chen and Co because they saved money of shareholders.... it's not true in long-term...
    We all will see...
    History remembers names of ford, field, Edison, jobs etc.
    Names like Chen are just shame of business!!!

Posted via CB10

It's my last post here about blackberry...
    12-17-17 10:48 AM
    Soo addicted to BlackBerry, can't come out of it,well the dtec,priv,keyone,motion etc, they don't come from the bloodline of BlackBerry so I don't have any respect for them.
    Seriously worried about my SE...

Posted via CB10
    ShalokShalom likes this.
    12-17-17 11:06 AM
    What 1:1 ratio devices are the "masses" currently using in other countries (contrary to Google's specifications and therefore ineligible for Google Play Services and apps)?
    Clearly didn't read the link I posted. Google will eventually see the need to incorporate either a 1:1 ratio or another similar ratio for the bigger more wider screens. You don't think Google is paying attention to what is happening right now in other countries such as phablets? Right now might not be the time but it will in the future. This will be perfect for the Android passport to finally get on board when phablets become the preferred use of consumers globally.
    12-17-17 01:01 PM
    Clearly didn't read the link I posted. Google will eventually see the need to incorporate either a 1:1 ratio or another similar ratio for the bigger more wider screens. You don't think Google is paying attention to what is happening right now in other countries such as phablets? Right now might not be the time but it will in the future. This will be perfect for the Android passport to finally get on board when phablets become the preferred use of consumers globally.
    What is happening in "other countries" ?

Why is 1:1 so urgent? Who's asking for it?
    12-17-17 01:03 PM
    What is happening in "other countries" ?

Why is 1:1 so urgent? Who's asking for it?
    Read this:

https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-ipho...bigger-phones/
    12-17-17 01:08 PM
    In my lifetime, I will see phones in use someday with bendable large screens possibly foldable where you can place in your pocket. I understand not everyone is going to want this and that is fine but the future will be amazing as far as technology goes. Phablets are just another aspect of what most will be using in 5 or 10 years from now.
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    12-17-17 01:17 PM
    That article only talks about size not ratio, the passports 1:1 ratio is unique and no one supports it, or has plans to support it.
    12-17-17 01:24 PM
    That article only talks about size not ratio, the passports 1:1 ratio is unique and no one supports it, or has plans to support it.
    Not now but eventually this will be where we are heading as with phablets and such. Phones are getting bigger and therefore, screens as well and the ratio will get wider. If you want a smaller screen, stick with your smart watch only.
    12-17-17 01:29 PM
    In my lifetime, I will see phones in use someday with bendable large screens possibly foldable where you can place in your pocket. I understand not everyone is going to want this and that is fine but the future will be amazing as far as technology goes. Phablets are just another aspect of what most will be using in 5 or 10 years from now.
    So, why 1:1 ?
    12-17-17 01:31 PM
    Not now but eventually this will be where we are heading as with phablets and such. Phones are getting bigger and therefore, screens as well and the ratio will get wider. If you want a smaller screen, stick with your smart watch only.
    Size has nothing to do with ratio.

Look at TVs, computer displays, phones, etc. They are all getting bigger, but the drive is to 16:9 and beyond - not back to square.
    ShalokShalom likes this.
    12-17-17 01:32 PM
    That article is also from almost 3 years ago. They were right - phones got bigger.

But none of them today are square.
    12-17-17 01:34 PM
    So, why 1:1 ?
    Because this is a sweet spot to begin with to help consumers adapt to a wider larger screen.
    12-17-17 01:34 PM
    Because this is a sweet spot to begin with to help consumers adapt to a wider larger screen.
    Why?

We enjoy physical books, magazines, newspapers, etc and NONE are square. 1:1 is actually quite unnatural. Movies and TVs started at 4:3 aspect ratio, but STRETCHED to 16:9, and 2.35:1 (70mm) over time because it was more pleasing.

Why do you think tablets and phone displays are rectangular? Because it's more comfortable and natural.
    Last edited by conite; 12-17-17 at 01:52 PM.
    12-17-17 01:37 PM
    You do understand that 1:1 is square.

You can't be wider and square. You can get bigger. But "wide" implies a rectangle. Something is wider than it is high.
    12-17-17 01:39 PM
70 123