02-17-15 01:00 PM
47 12
tools
    So I just purchased my z10 for AT&T about two weeks ago and kinda wish I bought the passport. Do you think it would be worth buying the passport, testing it and if I enjoy it better, return the z10 within its 30 day grace period. I have worries about compatibility as I have never purchased an unlocked variant and never returned something from amazon either. Is it worth the work? Help

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:15 PM
    I started with the Z10 a couple years ago and have the Passport on AT&T now. The Passport is just one hell of a phone and runs circles around the Z10 in my opinion. Everything is so much faster on the Passport. I buy quite a bit from Amazon and find they are very easy to deal with. The return policy is very good. And the Passport works excellent on AT&T as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 09:31 PM
    I came from a Z10 and for me it was worth it to go with the Passport.
    Depends what you hope to do with the phone and if you prefer pure touch typing to some keyboard/some touch typing.
    I also bought mine from shop.blackberry, haven't felt confident in Amazon.
    02-10-15 09:31 PM
    Damn right

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.2267
    02-10-15 09:36 PM
    Went from Z10 to passport. On ATT, So bought it on amazon. Was not a fan of full touchscreen myself. Love the screen size, keys. Best BlackBerry phone i have used yet.!

Passport on ATT
    02-10-15 09:51 PM
    Well worth it. Had my Z10 from launch and love my passport.

Via CB10 from Scotland using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2243.
    02-11-15 08:20 AM
    Absolutely!
    02-11-15 08:21 AM
    been there. done that.
    worth every penny!
    02-11-15 08:29 AM
    Have had both since they launched, and also on AT&T.

It's one hell of an upgrade(if you can get used to the size), everything just flies compared to the Z, and the screen size and clarity is heads and tails above the Z.

It also works 100% on AT&T with no issues. They also now have the PP in their system, so just get a nano sim and add your emei to your account and you'll be good to go.
    02-11-15 08:48 AM
    Definitely! I also came from a Z10 and I'm loving the Passport. The only possible drawback of the Passport is its size and relative pocketability of the device. But other than that, the Passport surpasses Z10 on every aspect!

Go for it! Don't be intimidated by its size. Give it a week or two to adapt. After that, it won't be that huge as you first thought it was in your hands.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    tfitzpat03 likes this.
    02-11-15 08:53 AM
    If Z10 is a car then passport is Ferrari.

]|I{------ ѕєηт яσм му  ραѕѕρσят. ------}I|[
    homer1475 and Jrox74 like this.
    02-11-15 09:14 AM
    My switch from the Z10 was worth it for the battery life alone. The screen size has also been particularly helpful because I read a lot of PDF documents. There is no need to zoom and pan around because the Passport's screen is almost as wide as the Z10 in landscape mode.

Posted via CB10 on Passport.
    tfitzpat03 likes this.
    02-11-15 09:20 AM
    If Z10 is a car then passport is Ferrari.

]|I{•------ ѕєηт ƒяσм му  ραѕѕρσят. ------•}I|[
    I like the way you put that.
    I too had the Z10 for 2 years and moved to the Passport. Never look back. And I am on AT&T too.
    The Passport is a very good phone and the hardware is more up to date than the Z10.
    02-11-15 09:21 AM
    My switch from the Z10 was worth it for the battery life alone. The screen size has also been particularly helpful because I read a lot of PDF documents. There is no need to zoom and pan around because the Passport's screen is almost as wide as the Z10 in landscape mode.

Oh yeah the battery!!! Wasn't able to emphasize this earlier! I can go on with my work without worrying where the nearest power outlet is and if ever i have the charger in my bag. I can go to bed and still have 40% before I charge it again.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    02-11-15 09:50 AM
    really????????
    02-11-15 09:56 AM
    go for the Passport ..my Z10 served it's time and I loved it but now I call it my Popsicle,haha,work wide is great except when you watch videos then you take a step back ,Z30 might be right for you if you like watching videos.if you get a passport get the red one.And like mbamd said you can't beat the battery,lol
    02-11-15 09:58 AM
    go for the Passport ..my Z10 served it's time and I loved it but now I call it my Popsicle,haha,work wide is great except when you watch videos then you take a step back ,Z30 might be right for you if you like watching videos.if you get a passport get the red one.And like mbamd said you can't beat the battery,lol
    For videos, the speakers on the Passport are so loud, they rival or even outperform my wife's iPad mini.

02-11-15 10:03 AM
    I had a z10 as well for almost 2 years then I made the switch to the passport. I would say that the battery on the passport alone is the reason I would make the switch. Everything else about the passport speaks for itself.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 10:42 AM
    Make the switch! It is a different world!

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    02-11-15 01:17 PM
    I bought the Z10 the day it was launched in india and moved to passport less then a month ago and I am so glad I did. make the switch.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 01:19 PM
    Like everyone else here, I had the Z10 from launch on AT&T and it recently died, forcing me to pick up the Passport. Overall, I love the the fact I was able to pick it up, especially off contract and unlocked. My honest opinion, the only disappointment I've had with the change is the fact I lost some apps going from the Z10 to the Passport. They were native apps on the Z10, and they're either no longer available for the Passport, or don't work on the Passport and currently your only option is to grab the android versions. Which I actually haven't done, so that really plays to the fact that I must not have needed them that badly.

Battery life is so amazingly better than the Z10 battery... Now, I'm left with 3 batteries, and 2 battery packs. I could use them as auxiliary battery, but to be honest I have yet to have the Passport die on me.

Yeah, just like learning to type on the Z10 virtual keyboard, there's another small learning curve for going back to a physical keyboard, and coupled in with the different layout and size of the device, it's not as easily mastered as the Z10 type/swipe experience was. But it is still fast, and after having it for about 3 weeks, I can type pretty fast without looking at the keyboard.

In the end, any device really comes down to how you use or plan to use it. If the Z10 can do everything you need it to do out of the box, the Passport will cover that easily, with extra battery life. Apps are another personal (in my opinion) preference because, not everyone uses all the same apps.

Good luck with your decision!!
    02-11-15 02:16 PM
    I just made the switch, the passport is a far better phone in every way.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 03:21 PM
    So I just purchased my z10 for AT&T about two weeks ago and kinda wish I bought the passport. Do you think it would be worth buying the passport, testing it and if I enjoy it better, return the z10 within its 30 day grace period. I have worries about compatibility as I have never purchased an unlocked variant and never returned something from amazon either. Is it worth the work? Help

Posted via CB10

YES! Definitely exchange or return the Z10 and get the Passport.

The Z10 is from early 2013, and while it is a good device and was the first touch screen phone I ever had, it is not on the Passport's level. The Passport has better everything, and since it's much newer, it will be able to handle new OS updates better.

I bought my red Passport from Amazon, and will always buy from them from now on. I have Prime, so they shipped it really fast. I had my red Passport for a month, and the autofocus on the camera stopped working. I simply went into my account, clicked Return/Exchange, they sent me a brand new red one in its box with a new charger/earphones, etc., and I returned the defective Passport. Amazon is amazing, and even gave me a $5 credit just to say sorry.

I use my unlocked Passport on T-Mobile, but it will run on at&t too. It will get 4G LTE and has a Paratek antenna, which the Z10 does not, so you will get better service in places where you have weak signal. This is true for me, as my Passport gets signal places where my Q10 and Z10 would have nothing.

Anyways, hope this helps you make the right decision. The Passport is so unique, you won't be disappointed.
    02-11-15 04:32 PM
    Yes, return the z10 and get the passport

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 04:43 PM
    I had Z10 as well for nearly 2 years and bought the Passport about 2 weeks ago. It is so fast and I hardly notice the size difference. I thought the size would be hard to get used to but not at all. The larger screen is so nice. I just wish I made the change sooner.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 05:08 PM
47 12