I've had my Blackberry Classic now for just over a year and I love it. I did however find it an extremely difficult decision on whether to actually go for the classic or the passport. Now having had the classic, it's made me wonder if it's worth shelling out for the passport too? Maybe if the Classic's battery decides to give up one day?

Is there that much difference apart from the speed and the different type of keyboard?

With them both having the exact same software, i'm finding it hard to justify buying it, the temptation just seems so strong though. Any help would be appreciated.
    03-14-16 04:07 PM
    Go for it...after all you only live once.
    03-14-16 06:43 PM
    The classic is a good phone but the passport is in a league of its own. Spec wise the passport wins. Screen size is amazing. The battery life is outstanding as well the keyboard. The passport has a cult following whereas the classic it just that... a throwback. I say go for it!

Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 07:07 PM
    I use both devices. Classic is my employer owned phone. I prefer my Passport every time.

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    03-14-16 07:09 PM
    Screen size. I love the extra screen area. Maps, reports, attachment all display nice, as do web pages. I bashed the PP before it came out, now I think it's the perfect phone....for me

Posted via CB10
    anon(8050899) likes this.
    03-14-16 07:47 PM
    I used a Classic a lot last year (company phone)
    Moved on a went to a BYOD company.

Got a Passport Silver Edition and like it a lot better. Still not as fast typing on the SE than the classic, but I'm getting there.

Processor speed, screen real-estate, capacitive keyboard..... all plus' for me.

Also, .... there is a certain 'wow' factor

I use a holster or a leather book type cover. The wider size is not an issue for me.

Just go for it!!

Chris

Chris - Posted via CB10
    03-14-16 10:01 PM
    Passport SE is highly, highly recommended!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    03-15-16 01:08 AM
    Seriously go for it! You'll never regret it.

I've moved to the Passport SE from my Q10. The only thing I regret is not getting the Passport sooner.

Even if BB10 only lasts another year it'll be worth it. The phone is that good!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:25 AM
    Using a Classic after one year of using the Passport. Both are great and fill their own niche. The Passport can fulfill the role of a tablet or pc if you have to write a lot. Keyboard and battery are tops. Still good for media and has excellent speakers.
    The classic is more portable, you can use it with one hand and without touching the screen. Keyboard is great and battery quite good.
    Now the Passport can be hard to carry in some situations like doing sports or going to the beach. The classic can be hard to use to create a long document.
    I decided to keep both, in case BB10 is dumped at least I will be prepared.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 02:41 AM
    I bought my Q10 around last October and I have just purchased Passport last week. I still use my Q10 as my main driver and assign my PP as an alternative device when I'm not on my laptop working. I don't put any of SIM card on the Passport as it's just used for a mini tablet, if I may say.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 05:33 AM

With them both having the exact same software, i'm finding it hard to justify buying it, the temptation just seems so strong though. �
    Well said. I upgraded from the Z10 to the Passport SE. Although the Z10 is still a good device and does whatever I want it to do, you can't compare the two with each other. The SE is a class for itself. It's an enjoyment to work with it and worth the money, especially as long as it carries BB10. Such a goody!

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 06:57 AM
    I had same thought and got passport sliver brill phone prob best one I ve had

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:02 AM
    I've had my Blackberry Classic now for just over a year and I love it. I did however find it an extremely difficult decision on whether to actually go for the classic or the passport. Now having had the classic, it's made me wonder if it's worth shelling out for the passport too? Maybe if the Classic's battery decides to give up one day?

Is there that much difference apart from the speed and the different type of keyboard?

With them both having the exact same software, i'm finding it hard to justify buying it, the temptation just seems so strong though. Any help would be appreciated.
    Silver edition passport with a seidio case and holster, will never look back! The specs do open droid apps way faster and it's built like a tank there is NO other phone I would want even now and I had allot phones like my x love the q ten as well as classic as well as the priv, passport all the way until the wheels for off!......

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 07:58 AM
    I have both and like everything they have their pros and cons.

Spec wise, the Passport beats the Classic. However, the Classic also performs like a champ with no noticeable lag for me.

Keyboard wise, I actually prefer the Classic keyboard. The traditional layout is much IMO.

Screen wise, again the Passport beats the Classic obviously. No comparison there.

Classic is better for one handed operation.

It all depends on what your needs are and what you are looking for. In my everyday use I prefer the Classic. Nothing beats the toolbelt.

Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-15-16 08:00 AM
    I use both too. I just put the sim back into my Passport after a few days of Classic... the Passport makes the Classic feel like a toy. The build is far better, screen better and so much smoother.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 08:09 AM
    PP Silver edition is the top of the food chain right now. Coming from Classic, I assume you have fully understand the limits of BB10 and know how to deal with them.

Posted via Passport Silver Edition 
    03-17-16 05:33 AM
    Your assessment of the Passport not being a big upgrade due to running the same software is not accurate. The Passport takes the BlackBerry 10 experience to a much higher level!

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    anon(8050899) likes this.
    03-17-16 02:56 PM