can we have a confirmation of which Android apps work on the passport.
    Please only POST APPS that WORK as IS. which APKS work on the BB Passport?

I just want to install whatsapp/telegram/email apps/calculator/maps/shazam/wps office/pdf reader/cam scanner
    Or if anyone knows where we can find apps which work with exactly our version of android (old apps maybe?) Android 4.1 ? Please post here. It is a service to all BB users. THANKS
    11-05-19 11:49 AM
    You need to take some time to get familiar with the experience that BB10 offers.... take some time here to read up and do some searches.

I'd say most of what you currently want sounds possible, but is subject to change at any point in the future. The apps that work with Android 4.3 might stop working if the developers change their APIs. Some of the others could end - like BB Maps if the licensing deal ends that provides that data once BB10 is EOL next month.

My view is if the cost of the Passport means very little... go for it. If it is a big investment for you, then it might be better to invest elsewhere.
    11-05-19 03:29 PM
    I would also like to say that if your buying a Passport for what is pretty soon, 2020, you will be limited in a lot of ways.

Think of the device as a call, text, email and light surfing machine. The speakers allow it to be an excellent music device and the screen and keyboard have their unique features as well.

Don't think of it anything above and beyond that. We don't even know if the basic BlackBerry apps in the store will work within the next 60 days. Imagine having a device in 2020 and not being able to get a weather app or or something like a banking transaction.

Good luck! It's an amazing device.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-19 05:40 PM
    can we have a confirmation of which Android apps work on the passport.
    Please only POST APPS that WORK as IS. which APKS work on the BB Passport?

I just want to install whatsapp/telegram/email apps/calculator/maps/shazam/wps office/pdf reader/cam scanner
    Or if anyone knows where we can find apps which work with exactly our version of android (old apps maybe?) Android 4.1 ? Please post here. It is a service to all BB users. THANKS
    At this late stage, you also have to be careful of which Passport you get. Seriously, you’re five years out and the gamut of quality and compatibility runs wide. I don’t want to discourage you but have realistic expectations of what you’re buying and paying for.
    11-05-19 05:42 PM
    11-06-19 04:01 AM
    There's a lot of good PDF reader and scanner in the BBW.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-19 04:18 AM
    In case u wants FB apk

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/facebo...-apk-download/

Posted via CB10
    11-06-19 04:21 AM
    At this late stage, you also have to be careful of which Passport you get. Seriously, you’re five years out and the gamut of quality and compatibility runs wide. I don’t want to discourage you but have realistic expectations of what you’re buying and paying for.
    I'm lucky to have my SE. My battery is still a workhorse despite the years. And my phone is like brand new. I'm so proud of myself. Hehehe

Posted via CB10
    11-06-19 04:40 AM
    WhatsApp

www.whatsapp.com/android

Posted via CB10
    11-06-19 04:43 AM
    WhatsApp and Cam Scanner will run just fine. You will have use an .apk file in order to install them in your Passport (thats what I did), and then install it in your Passport.
    After you have the WhatsApp downloaded, download -whats app fixer'' from BB World and run it.

In order to get the .apk file you can use 'bluetooth app sender'' application that is available in android as well as BB.
    NOTE- This is what I did.
    Last edited by Umang Maurya; 11-06-19 at 11:51 PM.
    11-06-19 06:02 AM
    whatsapp - works (for now)
    telegram - works (for now)
    email apps - not needed. just use the hub
    calculator - not needed. just use the built in calculator
    maps - bb maps arguably works well enough. install Google Maps (6.1.4 is smooth) for backup
    shazam - not sure
    wps office - not sure, but known to work well on BB10 and some versions even work on the PlayBook
    pdf reader - not needed. just use the built in PDF reader
    cam scanner - not sure
    Umang Maurya likes this.
    11-06-19 07:37 AM
    cam scanner - not sure
    Use the built-in Smart Tags app?

Posted via CB10
    mh1983 likes this.
    11-06-19 07:40 AM
    whatsapp - works (for now)
    telegram - works (for now)
    email apps - not needed. just use the hub
    calculator - not needed. just use the built in calculator
    maps - bb maps arguably works well enough. install Google Maps (6.1.4 is smooth) for backup
    shazam - not sure
    wps office - not sure, but known to work well on BB10 and some versions even work on the PlayBook
    pdf reader - not needed. just use the built in PDF reader
    cam scanner - not sure
    How are you getting whatsapp to work? I bought a passport yesterday (immaculate condition but used) and I love it. However for it to be my everyday phone I would need Whatsapp and Spotify for the car (might be able to live without Spotify).

Tried many threads on the net and still couldn't get whatsapp to work. The guy has agreed on giving me my money back but I'm reluctant because it still is a neat piece of machinery.

I paid $150 aud. For it. Equates to approx 100usd.

Any suggestions?
    11-06-19 07:44 AM
    11-06-19 02:54 PM
    How are you getting whatsapp to work? I bought a passport yesterday (immaculate condition but used) and I love it. However for it to be my everyday phone I would need Whatsapp and Spotify for the car (might be able to live without Spotify).

Tried many threads on the net and still couldn't get whatsapp to work. The guy has agreed on giving me my money back but I'm reluctant because it still is a neat piece of machinery.

I paid $150 aud. For it. Equates to approx 100usd.

Any suggestions?
    Download from here:

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

Posted via CB10
    11-06-19 02:55 PM
    Download from here:

https://www.whatsapp.com/android/

Posted via CB10
    I've tried that. It won't allow it to Install.
    11-06-19 07:18 PM
    I've tried that. It won't allow it to Install.
    Go to settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > turn the toggle on for "Allow Apps From Other Sources".

Posted via CB10
    11-06-19 10:05 PM
    If you're actually getting into BB10 at this point, I wouldn't even sign in with a BBID and wouldn't touch BBW.

Just use Yalp and browser for getting all your apk's.
    11-06-19 10:22 PM
    Go to settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > turn the toggle on for "Allow Apps From Other Sources".

Posted via CB10
    I'm so confused. It was the first thing I tried two days ago. Now I've tried again and it works. I'm guessing at any time they can pull the plug on it?

Only asking cause I'm still tossing up whether to keep it or give it back and get my $150 au back.

Any idea if I can get Spotify going?
    11-06-19 10:34 PM
    If you want any application out if the BB World, simply use its .APK file.
    Just transfer a .apk file in your Passport and run it.. Whats will run fine and you will have to try this for all other applications to see if they work or not. (NOTE- You might need to download whats app fixer from BB World and run it once you have installed and logged in to your whats app profile).
    Everytime you need an update in whats app, you will have to do the same process all over again.
    11-06-19 11:56 PM
    I'm so confused. It was the first thing I tried two days ago. Now I've tried again and it works. I'm guessing at any time they can pull the plug on it?
    Doubt it, probably just didn't get enabled or something.

Only asking cause I'm still tossing up whether to keep it or give it back and get my $150 au back.

Any idea if I can get Spotify going?
    Not sure about Spotify...

Posted via CB10
    11-07-19 08:43 AM
    Well, just get the app from the official page mentioned above. No need for the fixer. The app works awesomely; text, pictures, videos, calls, audio messages.
    11-07-19 12:46 PM
    As I have suggested in other posts, you should review the current apps that are still available, download the ones you want before Blackberry World shuts down. Also go to Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page if you want to install Google Playstore.
    11-07-19 03:43 PM
    As I have suggested in other posts, you should review the current apps that are still available, download the ones you want before Blackberry World shuts down. Also go to Cobalt's official Google Apps landing page if you want to install Google Playstore.
    I didn't even sign in to my BBID on my Classic, got all my apps from Yalp store.

That way even if BB shuts everything down, it shouldn't affect anything since I'm not connected to any of these servers (BBID, BBW, BB Protect).
    11-08-19 01:59 PM
    I love my Passport and will never sell it, but it is so agoni-ngly slow I can't use it for long...

same for my Priv...
    11-08-19 04:46 PM