Hello everyone, hope you are well.

So I owned BB for most of my young life. Then about 4 years ago I got an IOS device. It's lasted me for 2 years but it's starting to fail.

So I am looking to replace my iPhone and I saw the BB passport. It was just awesome. The OS was refreshing and the phone just felt right. But my concern is that since BB10 is going into support mode, is it worth it to buy the PPSE?

The main apps I use are banking apps, maps, Pandora, Shazam, Amazon, and a health app. Would the PPSE fulfill my needs or should I move on from BBOS. Those apps mentioned above are important to me.

Thanks I appreciate your help
    Last edited by BBlinesnorted; 02-27-16 at 10:21 AM.
    02-27-16 09:46 AM
    I'd say yes, as long as whatsapp isn't important. They are abandoning ship on Blackberry..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-27-16 10:18 AM
    No, it's not.

You're losing all native apps slowly. All apps change API's overtime, the app may work for the next year, maybe not. But you're going to lose everything slowly.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    02-27-16 10:25 AM
    100% yes, as long as you don't have many friends that use Whatsapp. BlackBerry Passport SE is my first BBOS phone and I love it!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 10:25 AM
    Do it. SE will hold value pretty well amongst thr hardcore fans. So even if you have to jump ship it should retain value pretty well.

Sent via Passport SE~!
    02-27-16 10:28 AM
    If you use whatsapp..I don't recommend you buy passport
    02-27-16 10:33 AM
    02-27-16 10:34 AM
    Get another iPhone.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    02-27-16 11:03 AM
    I'd say yes, for I just replaced my Passport with a later produced version due to bluetooth problems. I don't use a ton of apps on mine, mostly work related (banking apps, Comcast Business Voice, DealActivator) all of which are android apps but work. Great feel, Great camera, Great device!

Get It! Got It?
    02-27-16 11:15 AM
    Whatsapp?

It is fully functional on my 9900.

I say yes to PP SE.

Regards
    02-27-16 11:16 AM
    Whatsapp?

I say yes to PP SE.

Regards
    Again, for now. Whatsapp is also getting the cut for BBOS, not just BB10.
    02-27-16 11:19 AM
    Whatsapp?

I say yes to PP SE.

Regards
    through 2016 yes then that's it by the end year
    02-27-16 11:27 AM
    For me, it's still useful and worth it. I actually enjoy the workarounds and finding new tricks to getting stuff done. I'm in the huge huge minority though.

It's getting hard to recommend BB10 to newcomers these days....

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Drenegade; 02-27-16 at 01:07 PM.
    02-27-16 12:48 PM
    If you get it, do it with the knowledge that you may have to be getting a replacement for it at the end of the year.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    so crow likes this.
    02-27-16 12:52 PM
    I'm a BlackBerry 10 fan, but I wouldn't pay anything near retail for a BlackBerry 10 device at this point.

You might see a couple of promised security updates (but there won't be any new functionality) and app selection is dwindling.

This is the point at which there should be a fire sale, but apparently there isn't going to be one. Get something with a future, or find a good deal in the used market.
    02-27-16 08:30 PM
    I'll sell you my SE if you want. Mint

Posted via CB10
    02-27-16 09:46 PM
    I just bought a PP SE, so my answer should be a resounding 'yes'. On the other hand, given BB's track record in essentially all areas of its business for the past few years plus the late news on BB10, who here can honestly recommand that you buy a $400-500 BB device today?
    I took my chances, I hope I won't live to regret my decision.
    02-28-16 02:14 AM
    I loved my OG passport and was considering buying an SE but the lack of support on the key apps is becoming a problem. Now that whatsapp have announced they are stopping development others will follow. I hope I can survive until the iPhone 7 is out, then I switch back.

Posted via CB10
    Signhere likes this.
    02-29-16 07:17 AM
    Get another iPhone.
    Or a priv stay clear from bb10 it's dead not worth it in the long run.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-29-16 07:55 AM
    Well, it all depends if you're just app hungry for all kinds of different things. The Cobalt solution for Play Store seems to be a good replacement to access the most popular apps that will no longer be supported on BB10 and I have installed it on all my devices and it works like a charm.

I shattered my Passport OG screen last week unfortunately and got it fixed and it's working well, but I'm finding that it's not quite the same. The device seems to be consuming more power and draining the battery somewhat quicker, but it still lasts a full day.

So I decided to pull the trigger and got the Passport SE Bundle that was offered last week, which ended on the 26th.

I got lucky and used a promo code I had and got an additional 15% on the device as I got the original dock and flip case for free. So I just pulled the trigger and I should receive it today or tomorrow.

By far, for business and productivity, nothing comes close to this OS and device.

Whatsapp will work till the end of the year, and by that time, I'm sure there will be workarounds. I'm pretty sure that the Cobalt Play Store will enable us to run the Android version as the runtime version doesn't seem to be non supported for now, I may be wrong on this.

So, if you feel that you can live with these circumstances and simply be more productive and efficient for work, this device if awesome and hands down the best!

Given all the above, I would say, the device will be great for another 2-3 years and possibly longer depending on what you want.

Whatever you decide, Good Luck!!

Cheers!

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Passport SR 10.3.2.2530, OS 10.3.2.2813
    Niwal Pro and Signhere like this.
    02-29-16 08:07 AM
    I would say depends on your apps. I've got a Passport SE, and I love it. But the problem I'm coming up against now is that the Android on BB10 is 4.3 - Android is now on version 6.0.....

This means that any apps built for later versions (as they are increasingly now) will not run on BB10.

Blackberry has said that they are concentrating on increasing the functionality and security of the current runtime, instead of updating it to newer versions, so this problem is not going to go away soon.

If your app necessities are pretty basic and the apps themselves are "big" apps, then you will probably be ok, as there are many Android phones stuck at 4.3 or below because the manufacturers aren't planning on wasting money upgrading them, so the big apps tend to be more backwards compatible than others.
    02-29-16 09:06 AM
    I definitely think for under $400 it's not a bad change. I had an OG, a Red, and then a PRIV and now I got a PPSE. Bummed about whatsapp but at the same time the device still works just fine. I got one from Amazon Warehouse Deals for $360 and it was perfect, the box was well worn, but the Passport new. For that price I am happy with it. I wouldn't advise you spend $500 on one. The next year or so is going to be illuminating for BBOS 10 and you don't want to sink too much into it.

Posted via CB10
    02-29-16 04:35 PM
    I have planned to sell my PPSE off, just looking if someone is ready to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 05:45 AM
    But the problem I'm coming up against now is that the Android on BB10 is 4.3 - Android is now on version 6.0.....

This means that any apps built for later versions (as they are increasingly now) will not run on BB10.

If your app necessities are pretty basic and the apps themselves are "big" apps, then you will probably be ok, as there are many Android phones stuck at 4.3 or below because the manufacturers aren't planning on wasting money upgrading them, so the big apps tend to be more backwards compatible than others.
    I have a tablet stuck on Android ICS (4.0) forever (locked bootloader), and have yet to run into app compatibility problems with it. So BlackBerries, with the Jellybean runtime, ought to be fine for a while. After all, even WhatsApp is still supporting Gingerbread.

The real problems will be battery life running all those android apps, and security when the BB updates stop.
    03-01-16 10:00 AM
    I have planned to sell my PPSE off, just looking if someone is ready to buy it.

Posted via CB10
    I am interested. Are you living in India? Send me a message. The ppse condition and price you have in mind.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-16 10:02 AM
26 12