10-03-15 11:31 PM
28 12
tools
    Hi all.

I'd love to move back to BlackBerry after being with android for a while.

The Passport is really appealing for a number of reasons. Throughout these forums however, it seems there are so many issues and problems people are having, not to mention the lack of BlackBerry support in Australia!

Is it still a worthwhile device even with the negative reports?

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Thank you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-26-15 09:37 PM
    If you want to return to BlackBerry while giving up Android, I'd go with the Silver Edition Passport. I have the original (for a year now), and it's great, but the Silver Passport is the more refined version.

If you want to return to BlackBerry without giving up Android, though, then wait a little bit.
    Secksy likes this.
    09-26-15 09:51 PM
    Cant speak for down under but the Passport is the best phone I ever owned! Had it for 10 months now

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    Secksy likes this.
    09-26-15 09:52 PM
    Never forget that it's always the 5% who make the most noise. I love my Passport as does my wife love hers. Mines black, hers white so we don't get them mixed up. Neither of us have encountered the issue that the 5%'ers complain about. The phone is solid, but I suppose if you keep it in your back pants pocket that might cause some frame twist, but really what kind of yahoo does that?

BB10 is a pleasure to use, it really bothers me when I have to help my friends with their android phones as Android is so user unfriendly. Regardless, with the Passport you have access to the Amazon App Store as well as the Google Play Store using either Snap or "Cobalts" tools. Btw this is the loudest phone I've ever encountered, great for listening to music. Screen resolution is top notch, my setup has 160GB of storage with a 128GB micro SD card.

Getting used to the keyboard takes a few days but it really is effective.

Drawbacks, support for BB10 will still exist for a year or two but given the focus of BlackBerry right now moving into Android this may place a time frame when they will no longer support BB10. Your guess as good as mine, but who owns a phone for more than two years anyway?

I'd recommend the Passport as simply a wonderful experience.

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2639 Winnipeg,MB
    dmateo, Wunliang and Secksy like this.
    09-26-15 09:58 PM
    I bought my red edition back in Feb. I have not regretted it one bit. It's kinda hard to go back to the old os7...

I have not experienced any of the issues other users complained about.

And OS 10.3 has really enhanced features on BB10... I finally got BlackBerry Blend working... now I understand the fuss, it's really neat!

Posted via CB10
    Secksy likes this.
    09-26-15 11:38 PM
    I traded my Samsung Galaxy S4 with a Passport last week and love it. If you can find deal locally, just do it. Otherwise, you may wait for a little while until Priv comes out by the end of November.

Posted via CB10 on Passport OG
    Secksy likes this.
    09-27-15 12:06 AM
    Have been using BlackBerry again for over a year (started with a Q10 and now have a Passport Silver Edition). In my opinion, even if they stop with BB 10.3.2, I'm still more productive with this than any of the iPhone or Android phones that I've ever used.

Posted via CB10
    Secksy likes this.
    09-27-15 12:19 AM
    The Passport is the best work phone in my opinion. Great for emails, communication, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Secksy likes this.
    09-27-15 07:41 PM
    I would also recommend the Passport, I have all the usual toys, desktop, laptop, netbook, Nexus 7 tablet and ipad, I find I'm using the Passport more and more for almost everything I used to do on the others.

I do wish (like some others) that we had a few more apps but it's not a big problem, Google maps works well and I use it as my main GPS and I haven't written an email on anything else since I've had the PP.

The only thing I don't do on it is Internet banking because my bank don't do a Blackberry app and I can't use the security software supplied by my bank.

If I trashed this phone I'd claim on my insurance and purchase an unlocked one direct from Blackberry.

Posted from my trusty  Passport 
    Secksy likes this.
    09-27-15 08:15 PM
    I import bb passport silver edition from USA. And I am from India. Will my phone get updates or not?

09-27-15 09:40 PM
    I import bb passport silver edition from USA. And I am from India. Will my phone get updates or not?

It's unlocked, so whenever BlackBerry decides to get around to pushing it.
    09-28-15 12:25 AM
    Almost a year with my Passport! Still loving this beast! Hands down the best smartphone I ever owned! Will be purchasing another one so I can have a back up just in case this one ever dies! My Q10, 9900, 8330, 7520 are all enshrined in my bookcase. Might add my Z10 to it but might sell it as I never used it for more than two days

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    Secksy likes this.
    09-28-15 01:02 AM
    As you delay your plan to buy Passport, its value, in terms of long term usage is becoming short. Those who bought it last year have greater value than those who bought it this year... and so on...

Once the BlackBerry Priv is launched and becomes successful than any BB10 devices BlackBerry ever launched before, the life of Passport running in BB10 is numbered...

So, the sooner you buy a BlackBerry Passport, the better for you to maximise its usage... unless, you are really aiming for a longer usage device i.e. more than a year or two, you should wait for BlackBerry Priv...

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 04:32 AM
    As you delay your plan to buy Passport, its value, in terms of long term usage is becoming short. Those who bought it last year have greater value than those who bought it this year... and so on...

Once the BlackBerry Priv is launched and becomes successful than any BB10 devices BlackBerry ever launched before, the life of Passport running in BB10 is numbered...

So, the sooner you buy a BlackBerry Passport, the better for you to maximise its usage... unless, you are really aiming for a longer usage device i.e. more than a year or two, you should wait for BlackBerry Priv...

Posted via CB10
    I agree that long term usage only becomes shorter the later you purchase the device but I think that is also really depends on the user. Compared to Android phones, most BlackBerries have 'entry-level' specs. I think the Passport's specs are good enough for most users for at least a couple more years.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 08:18 AM
    Hi all.

I'd love to move back to BlackBerry after being with android for a while.

The Passport is really appealing for a number of reasons. Throughout these forums however, it seems there are so many issues and problems people are having, not to mention the lack of BlackBerry support in Australia!

Is it still a worthwhile device even with the negative reports?

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Thank you.

It worth it depending on your needs as a user.

Do you use a lot of apps for media/games? If you're an app driven person I would say to either wait for the Priv or be ready to have a two device set up. Either an old iphone or iPad for apps and the Passport for everything else.

If you value communication above anything else, BlackBerry is the company for you. I've never seen a device handle so much at one time and still not lag or freeze. I've had emails with 14 PDF's in one email and the phone handled it like a champ. That is the meaning of true productivity.
    No other phone can do it like BlackBerry does it.

I don't even think the Priv will be able to do it like BB10

Posted via my Awesome Red Passport running on T-Mobile Unlimited Data. SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-28-15 11:28 AM
    Wait a bit for the Privy, then you will be able to say that you have moved back to BlackBerry while still running Android

Posted from my Passport
    09-30-15 03:51 AM
    I got mine (silver edition) last Friday. Such a beautiful piece of hardware! And the screen - now I know, what they mean by "screen real estate" definitely worth it!

Posted via CB10
    yyz321 likes this.
    09-30-15 05:20 AM

Is it still a worthwhile device even with the negative reports? Looking forward to your thoughts.
    I've had the Passport for one week now. During that time frame I have lost many hours of sleep because I have been so busy playing with the phone and learning all the features. To me, the phone is like a beautiful work of art. It's very unique. I'm so proud of my phone! Nobody in my town has anything like it....everyone that I see is carrying iPhone's or Android phones.

It took me a while to master the Passport keyboard, but I think it's worth it once you put in the effort. The only bug that I have experienced is that sometimes you cannot use the keyboard to scroll between the app icon screens, you have to touch the screen itself. Rebooting the phone fixes this problem though. Other than that, the phone has been flawless. I love it! Right now there is no other phone for me. The Passport keeps me organized and efficient. It is perfect for merging all email accounts and social media notifications into one phone.

If you are interested in video games, I would say this phone is not for you....

I want to keep using the Passport for as long as possible. I don't plan to buy the new Priv phone; I would rather use my Samsung tablet for the purpose of watching videos, playing games, and accessing Android apps!
    09-30-15 06:14 AM
    The Passport is straight up gold. Can't go wrong with it. Once you've settled in with it, you won't be the same.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Red Edition
    09-30-15 08:43 PM
    I will simply answer your question with this: this is the best smartphone I have ever owned! Do not worry about those who say BB10 is doomed. BlackBerry has promised ongoing support and a major upgrade in March of 2016. We Passport owners have also been getting incremental updates quite regularly.

I have the original BlackBeauty. It is great for keeping me productive as far as work goes and connected as far as personal life is concerned. I highly recommend the Passport; but what do you expect from a response on a BlackBerry fan site.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 06:54 AM
    I've been using my BlackBerry passport since last year November after dumping my Samsung Note 2. Don't even bother updrading to Note 3 & above and jump straight to Passport even thou my 1st time using BlackBerry.

Even if they stop support for BlackBerry OS 10, I will still use it for next couple of years. No regret.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-15 07:08 AM
    I've had my original black Passport since launch day. I did have a little bit of a double-type issue, but that was fixed with the latest OS update. Other than that, best phone ever.
    10-01-15 07:20 AM
    Never forget that it's always the 5% who make the most noise. I love my Passport as does my wife love hers. Mines black, hers white so we don't get them mixed up. Neither of us have encountered the issue that the 5%'ers complain about. The phone is solid, but I suppose if you keep it in your back pants pocket that might cause some frame twist, but really what kind of yahoo does that?

BB10 is a pleasure to use, it really bothers me when I have to help my friends with their android phones as Android is so user unfriendly. Regardless, with the Passport you have access to the Amazon App Store as well as the Google Play Store using either Snap or "Cobalts" tools. Btw this is the loudest phone I've ever encountered, great for listening to music. Screen resolution is top notch, my setup has 160GB of storage with a 128GB micro SD card.

Getting used to the keyboard takes a few days but it really is effective.

Drawbacks, support for BB10 will still exist for a year or two but given the focus of BlackBerry right now moving into Android this may place a time frame when they will no longer support BB10. Your guess as good as mine, but who owns a phone for more than two years anyway?

I'd recommend the Passport as simply a wonderful experience.

Its the same for us. In our company, we have passports, z30's, leaps and a classic. My passport SE is great and my wife's red passport is great too. She loves it. Best phone she ever had (she tells me). Her old phone was a Note 3. its all about the hub and emails for her and me so BB10 is the best for our needs.

Passport SQW 100-1 OS 10.3.2.2639 Winnipeg,MB
    10-02-15 03:27 PM
    I've had it almost a year and still think it's amazing. Truly is a great phone. And I was a basher of this thing before it was released.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 03:38 PM
    I own a passport for three months ad it is in repair now. I love it. But how useful it is for you depends on your usage. If you use your phone to write like two e-mails a day, make a phone call daily and mainly write sms or WhatsApp you won't profit as much from its benefits.

The Passport plays its strength in the following usage fields (is that actually a word?):

- Browsing: If you find yourself browsing a lot on mobile, you'll love the square screen of the Passport. It's just perfect for displaying web pages. In addition you can use the keyboard to scroll, so if you're reading a long text, just rotate your phone and you don't block any text with your finger

- Writing: Of course this is what every phone with a hardware keyboard aims at: great workflow when writing. Besides having physical keys, which give you a natural feeling, the Passport has an additional row on the display with shift, marks symbols. This takes time getting used to and physical keys would have been a better solution but it saves space. Sometimes when editing a document this bar will disappear and you have to minimize the app for it to show up again.
    So if you're writing e-mails daily, a huge lot of messages or stories and poems you'll benefit the most. You can mark text by holding down shift and moving the cursor by swiping on the keyboard, and delete forward by holding shift and pressing delete. You access symbols quickly by swiping down on the keyboard and use the hardware keys to add a symbol. Once you learned all the tricks, you'll type faster, more efficient and have fun with it.

- Multitasking: On Android you'll find a recents-button that shows you last used apps in a fancy 3D-animation... On Blackberry OS10, you have have them on your homescreen and switch between them quickly. Through Blackberry Hub you have ALL notifications in one place and always just a swipe up and right to access them. This is efficiency at it's best.
    Also on most screens you can swipe to the right to go back... It takes the aiming for a back button but you can't use it everywhere in the system.

- Security fanatics: a system created and run by Google... well
    I'm not into this security stuff but I surely trust Blackberry more than Google

- Travelers: The battery lasts long

- I work in a place with very bad network and the passport gathers a lot more signal throughout the day than my Moto G and Nexus 4. The talk quality is great, a shame that I don't talk a lot on the phone.

The Blackberry Passport is nothing to watch videos on due to the square screen. The size and form factor is not for everyone.

I consider myself as a writer, I'm writing a lot on my phone. I produce around fifty pages a week and I love my Passport. I'm writing a lot more comfortable since using the hardware keyboard and smoke less as I need both hands to type on it. Personally I miss some apps like a proper wordpress and while the android version works well it feels somehow wrong, like beer without alcohol. Also I'd like a cloud synced note app, Evernote is in my opinion uncomfortable to use on the passport. I benefit most from the keyboard and a lot from Blackberry Hub. As soon as I finish my book I'll use Hub and phone calling a lot more probably. I like watching videos but not on the go.

I don't have a Computer and I hate typing on a PC keyboard. So I do most of my browsing on the Passport.

At the moment my Passport is broken (in repair) and I'm using the Nexus 4 again. Android is so inefficient. I miss my gestures, my homescreen, kiwi wonder (the only game worth playing on BB10), the keyboard, the metal frame, the weight in my pocket, the square light marks the screen leaves inside my eyelids after writing a night through.

The Blackberry Priv looks good. I like Android a lot, too. I dug deep into modding the software and loved it. Before trying the BBPassport I would have thought of the Priv as the god of smartphones. But I don't want an Android anymore.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk
    10-03-15 03:12 AM
28 12