Last Christmas, I was shopping at WalMart and decided to get the 2-pack of Motorola FOCUS66-B2 IP Cams.

I have been 99% bedridden, chronically disabled for the past eight and a half years...but today I was having a good day so decided to try to hook them up, downloaded the Android Hubble for Motorola app, and...it won't work. Spent the entire afternoon on the phone with customer support, which is a TOTAL joke. None of these people even know what a MAC address is (which is what the app is asking for, and I cannot locate anywhere...one woman told me to use the Camera HD #, but no success there). These people's technical support skills are worse than AT&T and DirecTV combined...and they're all very drone-like sounding, providing a variety of conflicting "solutions."

After the fourth phone call, I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, since Motorola offered no recourse as far as refund or exchange. And once they heard "BlackBerry," they flew with that excuse...they're products don't work with BlackBerry. The last guy I spoke with sounded a bit more techier and awake than the first three drones (however, he explained to me that BlackBerry went out of business years ago...ha!), and he said that after "some quick research online," Android Runtime on BlackBerry is an emulator which is different than running their app on the official Android OS.

Does anyone have any ideas for a workaround to get these cameras running? Apparently, one cannot even use them with a PC unless they are first activated with a phone, which will continue to have access to my cameras. I bought the cams so I could more easily see when my kitty wants to come inside so I don't have to get up a million times to check on him!

Praise for whoever has any ideas for a solution! Thank you!
    04-13-15 03:07 PM
    Rachel,
    Your comment about DirecTV's tech support made me spit a mouthful of Pepsi at my computer screen! How true are your words??? LOL (God i hate their tech support! I have reported THEM to the BBB)
    Now as for your cameras....the BB runtime for android apps IS a little different than a true Android system so let's see what we can do here. I am going to ask some of the mods if they know anything about setting these up.
    Just to clarify, we have to get them working with your Passport first? and then with your PC?

In the meantime, someone out there will come along and offer some help; I'm sure!
    Last edited by jaydee5799; 04-13-15 at 03:48 PM.
    04-13-15 03:25 PM
    ok someone suggested that the MAC address is the issue, right?
    Do you have a wifi network in your home? You could access the mac address for the cameras on your phone by checking the list of connected devices.
    04-13-15 03:49 PM
    You are awesome!! Thank you so much for trying to help me! Heeheehee...yes, I got rid of DirecTV several years ago and I've not missed it, or the awful calls to customer service, one bit!

So, I plug in the cameras, open the Android Hubble for Motorola app, turn the cameras on and press the "Pair" button on one of them, the app searches for the cameras, doesn't find them, then asks for the MAC address of the camera(s)...which is supposedly located on the bottom, or back, of the cameras (as it usually is with internet-connected devices), but none of the numbers listed resemble a MAC address. They told me to use the Camera HD number (and one rep was confident this is the number to be used, though it really doesn't resemble a 12-digit MAC address...but I only need the last six digits), but that didn't work either.

So, no, I don't need to get it working with a Mac computer...just need to figure out if I can get it/them to get it to work with the Passport...and once (IF) that happens, then I will also be able to use them with PC. Does that make sense? Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    04-13-15 03:57 PM
    I did log into my router to attempt to get the MAC address for the IP cam that way, but it wasn't listed. I'm pretty good with networking, but I'm don't entirely understand how these cams connect. They are not listed in my DHCP table... I guess they have to Pair with the Android app in order to access the network - ??
    04-13-15 04:00 PM
    I did log into my router to attempt to get the MAC address for the IP cam that way, but it wasn't listed. I'm pretty good with networking, but I'm don't entirely understand how these cams connect. They are not listed in my DHCP table... I guess they have to Pair with the Android app in order to access the network - ??
    Maybe try getting the mac addresses from command prompt and see if it's in there? I think the command is "getmac" but I don't remember. You can try cross-referencing the ones you see in there with the ones on your router screen? Just a shot in the dark here

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 04:22 PM
    So are these cameras on your wifi network at home? you should be able to get their mac addresses that way....
    04-13-15 05:08 PM
    So they need to pair with the app....and the app is installed on the Passport now?
    04-13-15 05:10 PM
    I'm not familiar with the hardware, but I think I can guess what is going on here.

The reason the MAC address is not visible in your router is simply because the camera is not yet connected to your router (ie WiFi).
    The requisite app first connects directly to the camera, passes your router's connection details (ssid, pw, etc), and only then does the camera join your network.

It's probably safe to assume that WiFi direct (or maybe a proprietary version of it) is used to perform the initial pairing, that's why you have to press a button to put the camera in pairing mode. It's probably also safe to assume that the Android app running on android has permission to control WiFi connections. I suspect that the WiFi control permission will be disregarded by BlackBerry devices, so the app can't start a WiFi direct session.

It may not work, but you could try running the app up until it wants to search for the camera, then disconnect your Passport from your router, manually make a WiFi direct connection to the camera (if it shows up when in pairing mode), and then see what happens. Bit of a long shot though to expect the app developers to have allowed the case for an existing connection, but worth a try.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-13-15 07:10 PM
    Yes, yes, that is exactly the problem, and exactly what I'm dealing with! I did open WiFi Direct earlier but IP cams weren't listed. I will follow your instructions more specifically and see if I get anywhere!

Thanks for your explaination on how to app connects the cams to the router...I wasn't clear on that, but understand now!
    04-13-15 09:16 PM
    So they need to pair with the app....and the app is installed on the Passport now?
    Yup! Exactly. But the app isn't finding the cams and is asking for the MAC address, which is not on the bottom or back of the camera(s) as the app says it should be! I'm never buying anything Motorola EVER again! I also tried tinyCam Monitor PRO but that didn't pick them up either. Big Time Bummed.
    04-13-15 09:19 PM
    Okay, something new is happening for the first time! (That sounds funny, but heehee...bear with me here!)

So I opened the app and tried connecting, and for the very first time ever, it's saying, "Cannot connect to CameraHD-0066121951," which is the name of the camera, and the number the tech support said to use for the MAC address. Earlier tonight, I got a notification that my WiFi network was limited (this hasn't happened on my Passport since I got it, so I went into my Wireless Connections, and lo and behold, when I have the IP cam in pairing mode, its own network shows up: CameraHD-0066121951. I can connect to it for a limited time (probably two minutes, if that's the default time the cam stays in pair mode).

The cam, however, does not show up in WiFi Direct...

Any more ideas! C'mon folks! I know someone here is gonna be able to help me fix this and I'm gonna be soooo excited because any casual BlackBerry user is far more intelligent than the best techies at Motorola!!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-13-15 09:27 PM
    when I have the IP cam in pairing mode, its own network shows up: CameraHD-0066121951. I can connect to it for a limited time (probably two minutes, if that's the default time the cam stays in pair mode).
    The cam, however, does not show up in WiFi Direct...
    Always cool when things just randomly start to work (or sorta work).
    OK, so the camera presents itself as a normal access point and doesn't use WiFi direct, that's OK too. Presumably when you had it connected for those two minutes you tried using the app to configure it and it failed?

If it is requesting the MAC address still, then let's get it. Connect to the IP cam as before, then on your PP quickly go into settings, networks and connections, WiFi, advanced button bottom right, and jot down the AP MAC address. Try again with the app.

Any more ideas! C'mon folks! I know someone here is gonna be able to help me fix this and I'm gonna be soooo excited because any casual BlackBerry user is far more intelligent than the best techies at Motorola!!
    Well, Motorola have little to do with it other than collecting some cash. The camera seems to be made under license by Binatone...
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-14-15 02:29 AM
    If it is requesting the MAC address still, then let's get it. Connect to the IP cam as before, then on your PP quickly go into settings, networks and connections, WiFi, advanced button bottom right, and jot down the AP MAC address. Try again with the app.
    I followed your instructions, connected to the CameraHD-0066121951, and it turns out that IS the MAC address (I only needed the last six digits, so...121951). I have tried connecting the app with this number so many times, to no avail. Errrr... Can't believe there's no way to get this to work!

Anyone know of another app that may work (I have tried tinyCam Monitor PRO, but couldn't get that to work, either...gonna keep trying and maybe get lucky, but any other suggestions are super-duper appreciated!). Thank you!!
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    04-14-15 02:34 PM
    What IP address does your PP get allocated when you connect to the camera?
    04-14-15 02:59 PM
    What IP address does your PP get allocated when you connect to the camera?
    Last edited by RLC3780; 04-14-15 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Typed a wrong number!
    04-14-15 03:09 PM
    I followed your instructions, connected to the CameraHD-0066121951, and it turns out that IS the MAC address (I only needed the last six digits, so...121951). I have tried connecting the app with this number so many times, to no avail. Errrr... Can't believe there's no way to get this to work!

Anyone know of another app that may work (I have tried tinyCam Monitor PRO, but couldn't get that to work, either...gonna keep trying and maybe get lucky, but any other suggestions are super-duper appreciated!). Thank you!!
    sounds like you are making some progress with a lot of help!
    fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!
    04-14-15 03:18 PM
    Download tinycam pro, there is a lot of configurations for cameras but I can help you. Bbm me if you need help

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 03:33 PM
    sounds like you are making some progress with a lot of help!
    fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!
    We're a long way from there yet but keep your fingers crossed...

Sorry, but connect to the camera again, go into the wifi advanced tab on your PP, select diagnostic information Internet connection, and jot down the default gateway. This should be the IP of the camera for the purposes of initial configuration.

While connected to the camera, stick the IP address into your Web browser url bar and see what happens. There is a small chance that there could be a Web server based configuration interface, since often camera video feeds use an internal webserver.
    04-14-15 03:42 PM
    Download tinycam pro, there is a lot of configurations for cameras but I can help you. Bbm me if you need help
    Looking at tinycam's website, it doesn't look like any Motorola (or Binatone) cameras are supported. Or do you know something we don't?
    04-14-15 04:14 PM
    I've had a look at the instruction manual for the camera now, and it doesn't look good. It very explicitly states that the Hubble app is required, and they provide an authentication service on the internet so remote camera access can be authenticated and authorised for viewing each camera. Although the camera can be viewed on the local LAN without going through this authentication, the Hubble app is going to be required to set up remote viewing and to complete the initial setup so that local viewing works. This is probably one of the most proprietary cameras you can buy...

I'm running out of suggestions, but just a variation on what I suggested above: have you also tried connecting to the camera before you even open the Hubble app? Maybe it attempts an automatic configuration to an existing connection before it prompts you manually to put the camera in pairing mode etc.

Edit: Do you have access to a compatible phone or tablet that you could borrow to at least complete the initial setup and get the camera on your WiFi?
    04-14-15 04:28 PM
    I've had a look at the instruction manual for the camera now, and it doesn't look good. It very explicitly states that the Hubble app is required, and they provide an authentication service on the internet so remote camera access can be authenticated and authorised for viewing each camera. Although the camera can be viewed on the local LAN without going through this authentication, the Hubble app is going to be required to set up remote viewing and to complete the initial setup so that local viewing works. This is probably one of the most proprietary cameras you can buy...

I'm running out of suggestions, but just a variation on what I suggested above: have you also tried connecting to the camera before you even open the Hubble app? Maybe it attempts an automatic configuration to an existing connection before it prompts you manually to put the camera in pairing mode etc.

Edit: Do you have access to a compatible phone or tablet that you could borrow to at least complete the initial setup and get the camera on your WiFi?
    I haven't had a good time when I can deal with trying to fix this again! I am REALLY SUPER grateful for your suggestions, and plan to try them hopefully later today... Also, have thought about borrowing a device to get through the initial setup, though not sure if I would continue to be able to use them cams through the Hubble website...what a mess! Can't believe I bought this brand/model! I may just end up giving them to someone who has an Android or iPhone! Will let you all know if I get it working! Thanks again, so much!
    04-19-15 11:26 AM
    I since looked a bit further and suspect that the Android emulator simply doesn't support or permit the level of network access that the Hubble app needs.

API support is detailed here:
    https://developer.blackberry.com/and...2884658-en.pdf
    But I'm not suggesting you read it.

With that said, I do have a further suggestion (which I would prefer to PM you if you want?) which *might* get the camera on to your Wifi. But even then the Hubble app still may not detect it.
    04-19-15 01:06 PM
    I realize this is pretty late but I found this topic while trying to solve my own focus camera mac addy problem. Try dropping the first 6 digits of the hd-number and adding this instead.00:0A:E2 then the final 6 digits of the hd#. I hope this helps you or someone else.
    12-15-15 03:18 PM