So I bought a Passport SE during a summer sale. Love the phone. However, it has bluetooth problems. The PP will not stay connected to an earpiece. I had a voyager legend, tried a motorola, and then bought an Edge. Same problem. The phone would constantly connect and disconnect. I tried it out with my priv and earlier passport. No problem. It's the phone. So I contact BB as I'm under warranty.

First I have to send device logs. OK. Then they come back to me and say there is apparently a software issue . OK, that happens. They say the next update, 10.3.3 should clear it up BUT they have no clue when that will be as its not even on their radar. I kid you not. So finally a full month after I first contact BB, BB says send it back. They were nice and pleasant the whole time. Sent me a fed ex label even.

However, I was told that if its a hardware issue, they can fix it. But it will take 7-10 days for them to evaluate and fix, if possible. If it's software, they can't unless the update ever rolls out. So my best option might be to demand another SE and hope for the best.

And they wonder why people prefer Apple. Apple defines customer service. These guys... not so much.
    09-22-16 08:49 AM
    Did you try a different os?

I'm pretty sure customer service people do not know the road map of blackberry .

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-22-16 01:18 PM
    Dealt w tech support at first.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-22-16 01:56 PM
    In fairness, they can indeed only do so much. Replacing a hardware defect is easy enough, but if it's a software issue, what can you do? You can add it to the list of stuff to fix in next OS but you can't deploy an OS fix for all devices that only fixes that one issue.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 02:04 PM
    Had an issue with my headphone jack that was a software glitch. Their support team was awesome, very friendly, called me back multiple times to see how I made out (!!) and they sent me three new Passports trying to fix the problem. But I sold the last one, because I knew the next software update could come out between next month and 2020. And chances are that my problem wouldn't be fixed anyway.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 08:02 PM
    Yup. Very nice. emails were prompt.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-16 09:34 PM
    But I sold the last one, because I knew the next software update could come out between next month and 2020.

Posted via CB10
    I don't really get why people are mad about software updates. If your device works well, why would you need continuous updates? I like stable, and also I don't like the new direction OSes are going - they all look like kids toys now. As long as they don't officially discontinue it, I'm happy.

Vote for your most important features in the Rome: http://www.poll-maker.com/poll799422x8fEe47C8-32
    09-23-16 04:54 AM
    Because we are not getting our passports fixed. This is a basic feature that should work with no problems.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-16 06:07 AM