Woke up this morning to a non responsive passport. Went to bed fully charged and didn't have anything running that would have drained the battery.

Plugged it into a standard charger and a PlayBook charger and got no response, but was able to get it to go on by holding down the up and down volume buttons, and saw that it still had 60% charge left.

According to battery guru it does at exactly 1am EST which is when the clocks changed for daylight savings time. Could it be related? Standby was the most used app over the past 12 hours so it wasn't a rogue app.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 07:27 AM
    We had time change last weekend in the UK.

Passport was in bedside mode at the time and all was well in the morning when I woke the phone up.
    11-02-14 07:35 AM
    Time changed overnight and this morning all was fine!
    Actually, my Z10, Z30 & Passport (which is the device that I am using now) all changed with no problems.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 07:52 AM
    My wife's z10 was fine, as was my Z30. I will admit that the rage was building as I tried to wake it up. A quick search on here provided the volume keys solution so thanks to that poster.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:01 AM
    Fine here. Time change last night.

Posted with my 5 week old superb Passport!
    11-02-14 08:10 AM
    Could be somehow related, in your particular case, or could be coincidence. Mine was fine.

Unfortunately, weird things can happen. I had a 9700 that spontaneously wiped itself to a 507 error one night. Only time it happened, and the only issue I ever had with it. Reloaded the OS, restored backup, and I was good.

Try not to worry about it if you don't have it happen again, And do regular backups.
    11-02-14 08:39 AM
    Oh great Y2K is back

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    11-02-14 08:56 AM
    Maybe check your charger, make sure there's no loose end. It happens to me all, waking up to a partial charge or dead because my wires were loose.
    11-02-14 11:56 AM
    Oddly I never thought of that,
    Out here in Calgary AB my wife awoke to a black screen to which I had assumed was a dead battery from being Plugged into a BB playbook charger. Pulled the official one out of the box and plugged it in. Nothing. Did a long push on the power button and it came alive as though nothing had happened and continued through out the day. Did not occur this morning so it dose lead one to wonder.
    Hers is an unlocked version from BlackBerry store and is updated to 10.3.0908 (cant seem to get the latest version) on Telus network.

SO two devices globally dose not an epidemic make but very weird to be sure.
    11-03-14 08:54 AM
    /\ hey I'm in Calgary as well. The wife's passport is still with FedEx (the lazy b%stards don't like to actually deliver anything). So I cannot confirm nor deny lol!

Although my LE was plugged into a PlayBook charger at the hour change and no issues.

Posted via CB from my LE
    11-03-14 08:57 AM
    Mine was fully charged and off the charger when it freaked out. No trouble since then though so maybe it was a one time thing.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 09:56 AM