Just got a HP envy 5530 connected via wifi to my phone and thought off I go! But I can't find any option to print anything on files, documents and emails? Does BlackBerry not let you print?
    I've tried share via wifi direct but it just circles and never finds anything? Racing with Mrs on her ipad to see who can connect and print first and I think it won't be me :' (
    Help?

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    08-18-15 02:45 PM
    It's a shame that BlackBerry doesn't natively support printing. In the OS. Both Android and iOS allow you to print from browser, etc.

I have a WiFi printer from HP, and I'm able to print to it by emailing files. That's how I print wirelessly from my device.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 02:49 PM
    Wireless printing on passport-img_20150818_155305.png

Wireless printing on passport-img_20150818_155310.png

Wireless printing on passport-img_20150818_155332.png

The android app for Brother printers works fantastic from my BlackBerry

Id recommend it, I got the laser printer on sale from Bestbuy for 79$ and new toner is 20$ from amazon for 5000 pages

it only does black though, color laser printers were way more money and I dont really have a use for them.. ill pay 5 cents if I need a color print

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 03:00 PM
    Next time I read on here that blackberry is for business users and prosumers not the everybody apple goes for LOL! Such a basic thing business thing printing an email or document easily! Will try my work windows phone, if that works without an app then gaaaah!
    Lucky my berry is my personal 'fun' phone!

08-18-15 03:05 PM
    It's a shame that BlackBerry doesn't natively support printing. In the OS. Both Android and iOS allow you to print from browser, etc.

I have a WiFi printer from HP, and I'm able to print to it by emailing files. That's how I print wirelessly from my device.

Posted via CB10
    To be fair, iOS and Android can't really print natively either. What they do is force printer manufacturers to host their drivers and the work is done on the printer side. BlackBerry hardly has this kind of pull with printer companies.

Either way, the printer apps work great.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    08-18-15 03:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can you elaborate on how you email the files to print please.

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2339 / 859 radio
    08-18-15 03:11 PM
    Can you elaborate on how you email the files to print please.

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2339 / 859 radio
    Check your printer manual. All new printers allow email printing. They also all have their own Android apps for extended features.

08-18-15 03:13 PM
    Just got mine to print by e mailing to it!

08-18-15 03:20 PM
    Email print from my Passport to my HP printer. Works like a champ.
    What irritates me more is the fact that our office printers such as Konica and Ricoh don't support printing. Not sure if you can email print to them or not.
    08-18-15 03:29 PM
    Have you tried any of the HP apps available in Amazon or GP (Snap) Eg HP Print Plugin etc? I use the android app Printhand Premium which is a paid app I got from the Amazon App store which works great.

Posted via CB10
    1raygin likes this.
    08-18-15 03:31 PM
    Try the HP All-In-One Printer Remote android app available from Snap or Google Play store. It lists your model as being supported and costs nothing.

Posted via CB10
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    08-18-15 03:37 PM
    Still seems a bit odd you can't just connect to printer and press print! Perhaps I'm expecting too much of technology?

08-18-15 03:40 PM
    Still seems a bit odd you can't just connect to printer and press print! Perhaps I'm expecting too much of technology?

But it does work that way. The software has to be coded and stored somewhere though. It's either baked into the OS (which would be completely inefficient because there are too many types of printers), in an app, or on the printer side. Hardware does not work without software.

08-18-15 03:45 PM
    The HP App from Google Play Store works flawless with my Passport -wireless printing and scanning!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 03:45 PM
    If always print from my Passport with print to go easy

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:03 PM
    I use hp print app all the time. Works a treat.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 04:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    I use printhand which lets you print over wifi
    08-18-15 04:16 PM
    Apple air print. open the mail click on reply and print is one of the options. No apps just click. Most new printers support this technology. I was not happy the day I bought my iPhone 6. I've become more accepting of it over time.
    08-18-15 04:17 PM
    Wireless printing on passport-img_0524.jpgNothing to add
    08-18-15 04:22 PM
    I use PrintHand, which can be found in BlackBerry World. Download the free version first to work out any configuration details.
    TgeekB and ultra07 like this.
    08-18-15 04:44 PM
    Just got a HP envy 5530 connected via wifi to my phone and thought off I go! But I can't find any option to print anything on files, documents and emails? Does BlackBerry not let you print?
    I've tried share via wifi direct but it just circles and never finds anything? Racing with Mrs on her ipad to see who can connect and print first and I think it won't be me :' (
    Help?

I use this app from the Amazon AppStore. Got it free during one of their free app giveways. Works brilliantly and would connect to any printer on the WiFi you're connected to. I use it on my Passport. It even connects to my printers in the office and prints in colour too.

Wireless printing on passport-img_20150818_225752.png
    Wireless printing on passport-img_20150818_225811.png
    Attachment 367400

Posted via CB10
    AYEBronze and ultra07 like this.
    08-18-15 05:00 PM
    Help?

Printhand from BlackBerry World

Rogers Blackberry Passport. BlackBerry Since 2006
    08-18-15 05:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not really a shame Blackberry doesn't have native printing. No one else does either. Apps are required and license fees and laws are involved with printing, scanning and document creation etc. Like someone else else said, phone manufactures are powerless. Printer manufactures rule the printing functions on our devices.

HP helped apple invent AIR PRINT. Still HP printing or any printer that supports air print has to use an app. An app is nothing compared to the communication software of the print driver. HP Brother and Canon or whoever owns that.
    08-18-15 05:12 PM
    Apple air print. open the mail click on reply and print is one of the options. No apps just click. Most new printers support this technology. I was not happy the day I bought my iPhone 6. I've become more accepting of it over time.
    Not really. HP helped apple make airprint. The software is cooked into the printer and the phone to allow printing.
    08-18-15 05:13 PM
    PrintHand works with all my printers. You can print while on the same WiFi or you can use Google's Cloud Print Services to print when not on WiFi. It's an easy setup and you just need to have free Cloud print account. Simple and works flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    ultra07 likes this.
    08-18-15 06:19 PM
49 12