So I can't wait to get my hands on the passport. But before I order (an d sounds like time is winding down on the intro price) there's one absolutely vital question I haven't seen answered anywhere.

Wireless charging.

We've seen it basically confirmed pre launch (as unofficially confirmed as a rumor can be) but alas no mention of it today which makes me scared.

Will we only see it on the exact phone att sells? (like the VZ z30) and not on the phone selling on amazon ?

I'm hoping someone who gets it from Amazon can confirm or deny the existence of said feature.

Thanks.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154 = heaven.
    09-24-14 08:54 PM
    That's actually an interesting question.. as far as we know, there's no such thing as a Verizon model, so there's that..

pin:2B7CAF06
    austriker likes this.
    09-24-14 09:00 PM
    That's actually an interesting question.. as far as we know, there's no such thing as a Verizon model, so there's that..

Did you read the post? He's asking about wireless charging, not weather or not their is a Verizon model.

Verizon Z30
    austriker likes this.
    09-24-14 09:26 PM
    Did you read the post?

Verizon Z30
    Apparently he didn't.
    09-24-14 09:27 PM
    Did you read the post? He's asking about wireless charging, not weather or not their is a Verizon model.

Verizon Z30
    I.. I said so because Verizon got the wireless charging exclusive for the Z30..

09-24-14 09:37 PM
    From what I understand the AT&T passport won't work on Verizon. Not like my z30 works on AT&T. Here is a thread that explains it well I believe about half an through the first page. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=961334

Rockin Z30 running 10.3.0.1154
    09-24-14 09:53 PM
    So, can we just drop the carrier discussion and get the question about whether the amazon version or the shopblackberry version will have wireless charging? Thanks...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    CDM76 and austriker like this.
    09-24-14 09:54 PM
    So, can we just drop the carrier discussion and get the question about whether the amazon version or the shopblackberry version will have wireless charging? Thanks...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Yeah I feel for the Verizon people. I know how I felt when AT&T didn't carry the z30. However I was able to put a Verizon z30 on AT&T

Rockin Z30 running 10.3.0.1154
    09-24-14 10:31 PM
    I don't see why not. There's only one variant that has been announced so far. Given the release date of both, it's safe to assume they are the same variant. So if wireless charging has been confirmed on one seller's phones, it should be on the other's as well.
    09-25-14 01:04 AM
    I don't see why not. There's only one variant that has been announced so far. Given the release date of both, it's safe to assume they are the same variant. So if wireless charging has been confirmed on one seller's phones, it should be on the other's as well.
    Sounds rational. But almost too good to be true. Wouldn't BlackBerry have mentioned it in the product demo if it had wireless charging? Any who I'm hoping someone can confirm or deny it when they get their passport from amazon

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154 = heaven.
    09-25-14 10:25 AM
    FWIW, their online manual makes no mention of wireless charging: Charge your device
    09-25-14 10:38 AM
    ATT version is not gonna have wireless charging no matter what. Maybe some other Passport releases will feature it.
    09-25-14 10:43 AM