So the passport has pma. Do old power mat charger work with that? Where do I buy a pma compatible charger? The pickings seem slim. I am surprised att didn't push this on me when I was in store. If I got to the website and look for accessories for my phone there isn't any wireless charging mat coming up. 2 cases, a zagg invisible shield and 15 bluetooth speakers or backup batteries...weird...

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:04 PM
    So the passport has pma. Do old power mat charger work with that? Where do I buy a pma compatible charger? The pickings seem slim. I am surprised att didn't push this on me when I was in store. If I got to the website and look for accessories for my phone there isn't any wireless charging mat coming up. 2 cases, a zagg invisible shield and 15 bluetooth speakers or backup batteries...weird...

Posted via CB10
    Get the Duracell PMA power mat charger. Qi chargers which is the vast majority of what is out there aren't compatible with PMA.
    02-20-15 07:17 PM
    I know it doesn't work with Qi.

Was wondering if it still worked with these:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00462...UvbUpU11377712

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 07:54 PM
    Actually, just read the manual and BlackBerry Passport supports BOTH Qi and power mat wireless charging, that's pretty awesome

Wireless charging?-img_20150220_220225.jpg

I uploaded a video of it working with a Qi charger for the doubters.

Posted via CB10
    mrfreeze, lang007 and thedose like this.
    02-20-15 09:08 PM
    Thats pretty slick. The Nokia Lumia 830 at AT&T also has a dual cover but no one ever said it was coming to the AT&T Passport.
    02-20-15 09:58 PM
    Again. Thanks Benjamin.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 10:08 PM
    Is this only the ATT version? Does the Amazon/Shopbb Passport also support wireless charging? This is really great news - i'm wondering why it hasn't been more widely advertised.

Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    02-20-15 10:12 PM
    Is this only the ATT version? Does the Amazon/Shopbb Passport also support wireless charging? This is really great news - i'm wondering why it hasn't been more widely advertised.

Posted via CB10
    AT&T only. Would be awesome to see this more main stream.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 10:16 PM
    Does the phone need a cover or just the charging mat?
    02-20-15 10:18 PM
    Just the charging mat. The same as the Verizon Z30.

Checkout the video Benjamin posted above.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 10:21 PM
    Yes i seen the video just was not sure if it had a case on to work with the mat.
    02-20-15 10:42 PM
    Yes i seen the video just was not sure if it had a case on to work with the mat.
    Nope, it works out of the box. The blackberry logo is the inductive charging contact coil.

Posted via CB10
    RoseBud68 and thedose like this.
    02-20-15 10:58 PM
    Nope, it works out of the box. The blackberry logo is the inductive charging contact coil.

Posted via CB10
    Cool thanks for the vid.
    I have read here and most were not sure if the new at&t Passport would need a case or not to use the PMA wireless charger.
    02-20-15 11:05 PM
    Cool thanks for the vid.
    I have read here and most were not sure if the new at&t Passport would need a case or not to use the PMA wireless charger.
    That's pretty slick. I agree that it's dumb AT&T wouldn't try to upsell the charger in store, especially with it being an exclusive feature!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    02-20-15 11:09 PM
    That's pretty slick. I agree that it's dumb AT&T wouldn't try to upsell the charger in store, especially with it being an exclusive feature!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Hell ya...You would think that would be a great selling point. But you cant ask much if the reps have no training on the new BB.
    02-20-15 11:12 PM
    Actually, in my experience the att reps were very knowledgeable , they offered tutorials and told me about all of the changes made during the redesign. Many I hadn't ever known about before.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:41 PM
    The majority will disagree with you on the AT&T reps being knowledgeable about the new Blackberry phones. Maybe that one store you went to knew what the Passport was but from reading a lot post with most say they (reps) had no clue.
    02-21-15 12:06 AM
    Where can I buy one of these chargers?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 11:49 AM
    02-27-15 02:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    I want to know why the Passport period has not been advertised
    02-27-15 02:52 PM
    The majority will disagree with you on the AT&T reps being knowledgeable about the new Blackberry phones. Maybe that one store you went to knew what the Passport was but from reading a lot post with most say they (reps) had no clue.
    The rep around my way will always try to swing you to a different phone. They just hang their heads when you really just want a Blackberry
    02-27-15 02:55 PM
    FYI for those looking to get a wireless charging mat, the AT&T Passport (SQW100-3) is "Optimized for Qi mats" and only "compatible with most PMA mats". I don't know what the practical differences would be, but according to the link one of the Classic models is "Optimized for PMA" while the others are "Optimized for Qi", so there must be some reason for the different wording.

About wireless charging - User Guide - BlackBerry Passport Smartphone for AT&T - 10.3.1
    03-03-15 10:19 PM
    I'm officially jealous. My red passport is the first phone in a long time that doesn't support wireless charging. I have three Qi chargers spread throughout the house that are now unused.

Although I'm curious why AT&T went PMA and Qi with this Passport. They became lap dogs for PMA not too long ago. Maybe that alliance isn't as strong as they let on.
    03-04-15 12:26 AM
    Actually, just read the manual and BlackBerry Passport supports BOTH Qi and power mat wireless charging, that's pretty awesome

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150220_220225.jpg 
Views:	3352 
Size:	101.0 KB 
ID:	335419

I uploaded a video of it working with a Qi charger for the doubters.

Posted via CB10
    Hi Ben, I have a BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1 that I bought in Jakarta, Indonesia, and I've just checked my Safety & Product Information sheet, but I do not find any mention of Qi or PMA wireless charging nor the symbol of both products, anywhere in the document. Is it safe to assume that MY version of BB Passport doesn't support wireless charging at all? Or is there anyway to make it work without resorting to breaking the device?

Thank you.
    04-03-15 08:26 AM
    Hi Ben, I have a BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1 that I bought in Jakarta, Indonesia, and I've just checked my Safety & Product Information sheet, but I do not find any mention of Qi or PMA wireless charging nor the symbol of both products, anywhere in the document. Is it safe to assume that MY version of BB Passport doesn't support wireless charging at all? Or is there anyway to make it work without resorting to breaking the device?

Thank you.
    Only the AT&T Passport supports wireless charging. If yours is the original square version you are out of luck...

Posted via CB10
    04-03-15 09:54 AM
29 12