No, I think that this is the design but that in person and in your hand it will be fine.
    This is the usual situation we find, the leaks tend to be genuine but also tend to be ****ty photos that plenty of people do not like and then by the time the device comes out and we see proper photos everything ends up being just fine.
    06-06-14 02:01 PM
    One reason would be that you haven't actually tried out this new keyboard and are just jumping to conclusions based on a few blurry leaked photos.

It might turn out to be the case that this keyboard will end up being worse for some people, but until it is out there being used then the level of kneejerk over-reactions from some people are a bit silly.
    I bought my Q10 without trying it first, all i did was see its pictures and watch a video on how to insert accented characters and i ordered it right away cuz i knew it had everything to be successful.

Since my main language has accented characters i was only able to type with only one hand with the arrival of the Q10, so that brought something new to the table.

I can not say the same about the Q30... Yes it brings some innovation but it fails on the most basic thing, the keyboard layout! Just in case some of you didn't quite understand how serious this is take a look at the picture below (i believe no captions are required).

Windermere Keyboard-tables.png

By the way, in a conversation with a person that actually owns a Q30 that person confessed that even understanding the ideia behind the 3 row keyboard to slightly decrease the stress of your thumbs, it's really difficult to get used to type in it and it can eventually affect the way you type on other physical keyboards.
    Last edited by JCMM; 06-07-14 at 06:58 AM.
    06-07-14 06:47 AM
    Ridiculous argument for a product we don't even know how it will work or what it looks like. Like commenting on a sighting of a UFO. Wait until we officially know or see more. Come on people stop criticizing something we know nothing about other then rumours.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-12-14 01:37 AM
    To be fair, we know a bit more than rumors. We have seen leaked photos of what hopefully is a prototype of the final product, and individuals have physically seen a device at one or more of the BlackBerry Experience events which closely resembled the photo.

The question that's not clear is whether the device being displayed at the events was the same as the models that will be produced. Many think it will be, but at least one individual who has commented here on CrackBerry and seen it thought that there would likely be additional finishing touches. That's what most of us are hoping for. Things like backlit keys would be excellent in a medical setting, since often the floors have minimal lighting at night, and in departments like radiology. Feedback from people who have seen the device seems to indicate that typing symbols will require use of the virtual keyboard on the screen, which is a disappointment to many of us. They could easily fit on the 3 rows of keys because they keys will be so large.

Also, as many have commented, the device in the pictures (and apparently at the events) resembles Dev Alpha devices in a lot of ways. The Dev Alpha C didn't look bad, but with just some minor changes, the Q10 looked much more like something that wasn't designed for US consumers, and not the Elbonian market.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...de-q10-802024/

Ridiculous argument for a product we don't even know how it will work or what it looks like. Like commenting on a sighting of a UFO. Wait until we officially know or see more. Come on people stop criticizing something we know nothing about other then rumours.

06-12-14 08:01 AM

We don't know yet? It's all over the place, people are sharing their experiences with it. My only hope is that the device they have been seeing it is an early prototype that blackberry is using to demonstrate how great is the 1:1 ratio on a big display and what capabilities the keyboard can incorporate.

We never know..
    06-12-14 08:11 AM
    What's been leaked? Prototypes? Dev alpha devices? We don't know. Final versions and production models often don't resemble the Dev versions. We don't know anything like I said. Its still not finalized. Until you see a production version know one know anything with certainty. What we saw was some pretty production Dev models nothing more. We don't even know for sure when it will release.

06-12-14 12:48 PM
    What's been leaked? Prototypes? Dev alpha devices? We don't know. Final versions and production models often don't resemble the Dev versions. We don't know anything like I said. Its still not finalized. Until you see a production version know one know anything with certainty. What we saw was some pretty production Dev models nothing more. We don't even know for sure when it will release.

The all point of this thread is the keyboard, i don't care how it looks overall i just want it to have a proper keyboard layout and to become the most efficient smartphone ever made.
    Last edited by JCMM; 06-12-14 at 02:07 PM.
    06-12-14 01:45 PM
    Perhaps since the device is intended for businessman, it seems that typing for them would not need that much extended symbol usage for business purposes. As for the apostrophes, BlackBerry already has a majestic autocorrect function as we all know. Also, the virtual pop up symbols might seem a better solution for emojis, not just the type, right? At least, that's what I had with my 9900.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-14 01:52 PM
    I like the look of the new BlackBerry Passport but i'm not happy with the keyboard layout.
    06-19-14 02:37 PM
84 ... 234