See this thread. More confirmation the keyboard will stay the same.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=935995

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    06-03-14 03:43 PM
    Yeah well that's you, the large majority of people I know do

Posted via CB10
    Oh I know. I know I live in a self-obsessed age, I'm in the minority in a lot of things. Like those people who put gopros at the end of a stick just so they can record themselves the whole time. I see that as self-obsessed, narcissistic, and just really self-absorbed. But apparently for the rest of the world it's normal to want to see a bunch of pictures of your own face and watch countless hours of your own face... I personally see myself when I'm in front of my mirror shaving and brushing my teeth. That's enough for me, lol. I'd rather record all of the beautiful things I see in the outside world. But yah, that's just me...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    BroncoVAL, SK122387 and keypad like this.
    06-03-14 03:46 PM
    See this thread. More confirmation the keyboard will stay the same.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=935995

I hope that guy is full of crap, I really don't want some cheap looking chrome plated look. I'd much rather it be a brushed bare stainless steel finish like the white Q10's bezel is. I have one installed on my black Q10 and it looks pretty nice without being too "flashy" and tacky looking...

06-03-14 03:52 PM
    I hope that guy is full of crap, I really don't want some cheap looking chrome plated look. I'd much rather it be a brushed bare stainless steel finish like the white Q10's bezel is. I have one installed on my black Q10 and it looks pretty nice without being too "flashy" and tacky looking...

Well, he said "chromed finish like the 9900", so you can hope he meant brushed aluminium.

06-03-14 03:58 PM
    Well, he said "chromed finish like the 9900", so you can hope he meant brushed aluminium.

Yah, hopefully he meant "like the 9900" part and not the chrome part. I do hope it's stainless steel to match the frets though so they go together and feel more cohesive.

06-03-14 08:18 PM
    Everyone seems hung up on swiping with this newfangled keyboard. How about this instead: to insert a comma after the word you're typing, touch (not press) the last letter of the word, and for a period you double touch (or something similar)? Fingers stay on the keyboard, no searching for virtual buttons for those symbols, maybe just virtual buttons for less used symbols like ampersand, etc? The software can automatically insert a space afterwards so you don't even have to hit the space bar. A little to get used to, but I'm sure you could soon be flying on that thing.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 01:07 PM
    Ok... leaked pics of the Windermere online (see N4BB or CB news)!
    3450mAH battery: nice!
    Capacitive keyboard: very nice (I'm so curious how they want to implement the flicking words feature)
    12mp Camera: very nice!

BUT...
    What hell of an ugly design... the square look, they way the camera is integrated, the dimension of the keyboard in comparison to the screen size and last but not least: the materials (ok that's sth they can change)!

I cannot think about how I can hold and type on this device...

What do you think?

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    To flick words while typing the bottom of the screen shows 3 words in a horizontal array much like the Q10 and Q5 does currently.

To flick the left word you swipe left, middle word swipe up and the right word you swipe right.

I think this will be amazing.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    Adomeliss likes this.
    06-04-14 01:41 PM
    To flick words while typing the bottom of the screen shows 3 words in a horizontal array much like the Q10 and Q5 does currently.

To flick the left word you swipe left, middle word swipe up and the right word you swipe right.

I think this will be amazing.

Are you sure because I thought it was swipe up for all 3 and was based on the position of the swipe so either left, middle, or right side?

Other wise how is the swipe left to delete a word going to work?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 01:51 PM
    Are you sure because I thought it was swipe up for all 3 and was based on the position of the swipe so either left, middle, or right side?

Other wise how is the swipe left to delete a word going to work?

Posted via CB10
    Maybe the delete is a longer swipe to the left.

Here's where I got my info from:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Top-s...s-leak_id56809

06-04-14 02:07 PM
    Maybe the delete is a longer swipe to the left.

Here's where I got my info from:

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Top-s...s-leak_id56809

No. You swipe up in the corresponding column.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 02:44 PM
    Get a grip already Slagman. Just go Android already. See if you will get what you want there. In any case you have to press ALT Before you hit a symbol or number on a physical keyboard. How different is swiping up and press the screen . It might actually be faster. Where as you'd have to search for and hit the alt key, with the q30 you can swipe up anywhere on the keyboard and numbers will be invoked... your eyes will still be on the screen because you didn't waste a mili second looking for alt and pressing it. The q30 is meant to be a hybrid, best of both worlds... that's why there's the classic for those who don't want gestures on their keyboard. Also there's only 3 rows of keys and a very big screen. How many time do you think you'll "waste" jumping between a 4.5" screen and 1.5" keyboard

Posted via CB10
    tomsobon likes this.
    06-04-14 02:45 PM
    No. You swipe up in the corresponding column.

Posted via CB10
    You seem very sure. Either way it doesn't matter to me ill still buy it!

06-04-14 02:50 PM
    If this is the phone I will get it and use it as my primary but when I go out to bars/recreational time, I will switch back to by Q10 at it is usable one handed and easily fits in the pocket. I would basically have two very uisable devices!

Posted via my Q10, USA
    06-04-14 02:52 PM
    Shyyyyyyt....if this is the phone i'll by two! Gotta get one for my daughter....the wifey is all Apple. lol

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 03:21 PM
    What about hdmi in this device :/?

CB10 - Q5 -10.3.0.296/441 (radio)
    06-04-14 03:32 PM
    Get a grip already Slagman. Just go Android already. See if you will get what you want there. In any case you have to press ALT Before you hit a symbol or number on a physical keyboard. How different is swiping up and press the screen . It might actually be faster. Where as you'd have to search for and hit the alt key, with the q30 you can swipe up anywhere on the keyboard and numbers will be invoked... your eyes will still be on the screen because you didn't waste a mili second looking for alt and pressing it. The q30 is meant to be a hybrid, best of both worlds... that's why there's the classic for those who don't want gestures on their keyboard. Also there's only 3 rows of keys and a very big screen. How many time do you think you'll "waste" jumping between a 4.5" screen and 1.5" keyboard

Posted via CB10
    Nope, sorry, I reach for the alt while typing the last normal letter then I immediately hit the key with the symbol I need. It literally takes no longer than typing another regular letter. The difference between this method and the swipe method is that you can do both at the same time if the hard key is there. You can only do one step at a time with the swipe method. Nice try anyway...

06-04-14 04:04 PM
    You seem very sure. Either way it doesn't matter to me ill still buy it!

Posted via CB10
    06-04-14 06:28 PM
    Nope, sorry, I reach for the alt while typing the last normal letter then I immediately hit the key with the symbol I need. It literally takes no longer than typing another regular letter. The difference between this method and the swipe method is that you can do both at the same time if the hard key is there. You can only do one step at a time with the swipe method. Nice try anyway...

Dude, just give it up already, we got it, you don't like it!! Period, now do us a favor and wait to the actual device to get released before keep mentioning the same things over and over

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 12:26 AM
    Dude, just give it up already, we got it, you don't like it!! Period, now do us a favor and wait to the actual device to get released before keep mentioning the same things over and over

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry if I choose to actually respond to people who address me. :-)

06-05-14 12:39 AM
    New leaked pictures appeared on berryflow!

Seems like the curved edges and the glass weave are about to land!

http://berryflow.com/2014/06/new-q30...-curved-edges/

06-06-14 12:34 AM
    Pretty sure that was a mock up that a fan created. Those pictures showed up here on CrackBerry several days ago in a different thread.

New leaked pictures appeared on berryflow!

Seems like the curved edges and the glass weave are about to land!

New Q30 Prototype Images Show White Keyboard, Curved Edges

06-06-14 08:09 AM
    Yah, hopefully he meant "like the 9900" part and not the chrome part. I do hope it's stainless steel to match the frets though so they go together and feel more cohesive.

BB10 design language would indicate stainless steel, not chromed whatever. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
    06-06-14 09:47 AM
    This keyboard is worrying they did everything right nice wider grip ,big screen. But then 3 rows ,touch gesture like WTf?? They are pretty resistant to just do the obvious big screen ,9900 keyboard fancy internals >the end.

But lets see what they can deliver maybe a virtual 4 row appears or something.Swipe down thing seems annoying. But we'll see.
    Last edited by RECOOL; 06-07-14 at 10:55 AM.
    06-06-14 09:57 AM
    We all agree the ergonomic keyboard BB9900 is the fastest typing phone period. .....but some just don't get it, because some people never learn how to type.
    Having used both extensively, I prefer the q10's keyboard to that of the 9900 and a slightly larger version of it in the classic should be very nice indeed.
    06-06-14 01:54 PM
    I hope you guys can understand once and for all why we are standing against that keyboard we saw on the leaked picture.
    One reason would be that you haven't actually tried out this new keyboard and are just jumping to conclusions based on a few blurry leaked photos.

It might turn out to be the case that this keyboard will end up being worse for some people, but until it is out there being used then the level of kneejerk over-reactions from some people are a bit silly.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    06-06-14 01:58 PM
84 1234