Never mind how bland the new device prototype looks, but just imagine what the new device with physical keys that you can press and type on, but you can also swipe gestures over them and this is how you would access numbers, symbols, accent keys and more, would be like. Then imagine the device sporting a 64-bit octa-core with a Snapdragon MSM8994 chip on board, packing an Adreno 430 GPU and 1600MHz 4GB RAM LPDDR3. Also imagine the new device preloaded with OS 10.3. Finally, imagine this new device with Dashboard and Fuse features.

Just in case you have no idea what "Dashboard and Fuse" is all about, check out Bla 1ze's Nov/2013 thread.... http://crackberry.com/leaked-blackberry-1021-build-offers-look-blackberry-dashboard-fuse-and-pic-password

Just imagine if you are pleasantly happy with "Pic Password"..........just imagine!

Although I don't particularly like physical keyboards but BlackBerry you can count me in on absolutely buying this new device on the first day of launch.
    Last edited by wincyUt; 02-20-14 at 09:43 PM.
    02-20-14 10:50 AM
    A dream come true..... wanted to get the Z30..... but I will hold off until the new Device comes in September

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 10:56 AM
    This device will have 64bit quad core processor not an octa one.
    02-20-14 11:00 AM
    It will be very interesting to see how a physical keyboard with gestures would work. Right now I just imagine a whole bunch of typos happening.

Posted via CB Forums iOS app
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-20-14 11:02 AM
    This device will have 64bit quad core processor not an octa one.
    Anything better than my beloved Z30 is just icing on this sweet cake called BB10.
    Btw, thanks for the correction.
    02-20-14 11:06 AM
    It will be very interesting to see how a physical keyboard with gestures would work. Right now I just imagine a whole bunch of typos happening.

You might not actually have to press them, just glide your finger over them. That'd be pretty slick.
    02-20-14 11:06 AM
    You might not actually have to press them, just glide your finger over them. That'd be pretty slick.
    I realize that but it's going to take some intuitive software to not get mixed up when someone is typing on the keyboard and then quickly does a gesture. Just curious to see it in action.

02-20-14 11:09 AM
    I realize that but it's going to take some intuitive software to not get mixed up when someone is typing on the keyboard and then quickly does a gesture. Just curious to see it in action.

I imagine it will be the same tech they used in their optical track pads. I'm also interested in seeing how that could possibly be implemented in an effective way.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    02-20-14 08:10 PM
    It would be cool if the "gestures" that there talking about on the keyboard worked like a track pad did on the legacy devices (even though I was never the biggest legacy BBOS (I prefer BB10) fan I think a lot of other people would be happy) but it's just a thought, I'm super curious to see what the "gestures " are going to be, bring it on BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 08:36 PM
    The keyboard add on for PS3 controllers works like this: you move your fingers over the keys without pressing them to control the mouse pointer in the PS3 Web browser. Effectively the entire keyboard is like a "trackpad".

If they would use this also as a trackpad that would be a step in the right direction.
    wincyUt and 3_M4N like this.
    02-20-14 08:43 PM
    The keyboard add on for PS3 controllers works like this: you move your fingers over the keys without pressing them to control the mouse pointer in the PS3 Web browser. Effectively the entire keyboard is like a "trackpad".

If they would use this also as a trackpad that would be a step in the right direction.
    That would be awesome because it might help lure some legacy users to switch to the BB10 platform. It seems there are a lot of "hold outs" for the trackpad..
    02-20-14 09:49 PM
    This device won't be out in September. Qualcomm just announced the new 64 Bit SoCs won't be out until Q4 2014.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 06:38 AM
    This device won't be out in September. Qualcomm just announced the new 64 Bit SoCs won't be out until Q4 2014.

Posted via CB10
    BB could be using the newly announced Intel 64bit chips. They apparently are coming out sooner than the qualcomm ones.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-24-14 07:23 AM
    BB could be using the newly announced Intel 64bit chips. They apparently are coming out sooner than the qualcomm ones.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    No as this would only further fragment the the BB10 platform. They will be sticking with ARM based processors for a while. A change would be suicide at this fragile moment in BB10's brief history.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:37 AM