Potential doesn't matter. Looks do. If people don't like the look of it, they'll never pick it up to realize the potential. Plain and simple.
    I beg to differ. If a person is even remotely interested in a qwerty device. The first thing you do is pick it up and check out the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 06:45 PM
    They need to just focus on z30 type of BlackBerry model and put a stop to ridiculous phones like q30
    Actually, depending on what comes to market, I am definitely looking towards replacing my Z30 with a physical keyboard model, because I want a better touch experience (...as opposed to sacrificing one).

The way the BB10 phone form factor UI screen is laid out, I feel that I can't hold the device in a comfortable manner, instead being forced to either consistently use it two-handed, or hold it lower than I'd like, in a precarious sort of grip, in order to be able to: A) Reach UI elements that are low on the display, without having to curl my thumb in on itself, and: B) Avoid accidently grazing same elements, while reaching for something farther up ("Oops, there goes the camera app again *close*" -- Incidently there should be more required than a slight tap, for many actions to take place; the number of cases of pocket/browsing dialling, and unintentionally terminated calls, that I have had... Aaaaargh!).

The space taken up by the keyboard gives me that handhold and ergonomic relief.

I am certainly worried about the bottom-adjusted side menus seen in 10.3 screenshots -- they should be very suitable for a qwerty model, where the on-screen UI is physically shifted upwards, along with the display, but for full-touch, I want it middle-adjusted, where it is within a range you can comfortably reach (I would also like an option to have the menus slide all the way out to their extended state, right away, so that one can see them, without having to first move one's thumb out of the way -- the transient way in which they are used, nothing is gained by minimising them to only icons, at any rate).

Ideally, I'd prefer if the phone could be operated entirely within the sweep curve of the user's thumb across the screen. (EDIT: That is: A diagonal area, tangential to the corner at which you hold the phone, and dynamically determined (scaled) by the length of your thumb)
    Last edited by jojon2se; 04-12-14 at 07:30 PM.
    04-12-14 07:16 PM
    I think they got the cases made based only on the concepts seen on crackberry forums, and that is a big waste of time if you ask me. Check the Q20 concepts, Q30 concepts, renders and all, then check the cases on ebay by searching up that device. Why can't they patiently wait? XD

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-12-14 07:36 PM
    The market can change again, it won't remain always the same , however we don't know what will be the next standard. Maybe it's this device or maybe is not but we shouldn't be narrow-minded.

Ugly, will always be Ugly.

And that's Ugly.

Not to mention ridiculously impractical and unwieldy.

I think it's a fake.

If not, I think I'll go commit Seppuku right now.
    shriscean and knownastron like this.
    04-12-14 08:14 PM
    Yes, CrackBerry and NFBB are both reporting similar images for the Q30 device showing up on the web.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 08:36 PM
    I think it's a fake.
    Well, of course it is. Somebody must have seen the keyboard picture, and the one with the large square screen, and whipped up a quick photoshop job, to see how it would look.

-Just look at those squat icons (with one row duplicated, no less); scale the whole picture up vertically to a 3:4 ratio and they look much more reasonable, as do the keys.
    04-12-14 08:38 PM
    I keep looking at it thinking it'll grow on me and...nothing.
    The way it looks definitely hasn't, but, y'know what? I can see how functionality would be top notch on this thing.
    I love my Q10, but I'd maybe give my left arm for a little more screen real estate.
    I've tried to imagine a way for a vertical, non-slider BlackBerry to work and it's just not happening, not in my mind at least. My imaginings either look unnecessarily long, or impossible to balance while typing.
    Think of the initial consumer reaction to the Galaxy Note. Imagine if they added a stylus to this "Q30"
    I'd probably get this phone if they rounded the corners some, pending Apple's approval, and gave it a 1080p screen + the touch-sensitive keypad.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 09:31 PM
    I don't think this is the Q30, but I'll add my $0.02 anyways. I find wide keyboards like that tough to use. I've had a landscape slider (and one of those landscape slider keyboard cases for an iPhone that my employer forces me to carry...) and too much physical keyboard real estate slows me down. I wonder if other people have the same experience. I wouldn't buy one because I know I'm faster on a narrower keyboard.
    04-12-14 10:08 PM
    its cool. Its different and yest it takes a few risks. Thats what they have to do. one of the reasons i was disappointed with the original z10 was it took no chances it was similar to everything else out there. I think in order to make some changes you have to take a risk. We dont know anything about this device sure it looks different and perhaps it really is. Thats in a good way. How about things that make a leap. Sure its not always successful but i would rather have them take chances now. What have they got to lose. They can go any lower really. Its either that or sink into oblivion. I think its weird and it causes conversation. How many different opinions in this forum chat anyway. Lots. That means it starts a conversation. Conversations start opinion and in order to get in on the opinion you have to a least look, see and probably touch the device. Thats a good thing. Lets not be to quick to judge here we dont even know what the device has for internals and what he operating system is like. Just crazy how people want it to look like everything else. Thats a certain recipe for failure. Just ask HTC who came out with the top device as per the magazines and lost 62 million dollars in the latest quarter because of it. Great response to the product. NOT!!!. I think this really could be a cool device but without even knowing the facts we are writing it off. No its not the next samung or apple its a blackberry and yes it needs to be different.
    04-12-14 10:49 PM
    When the Q30 gets an official announcement I hope there will be a mention of a great innovation.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-12-14 11:00 PM
    LMAO @ alibaba, the most trusted name on the Internet and source for reliable news
    04-12-14 11:08 PM
    There, finally BBRY has made a device I would be embarrassed to be seen using!!
    shriscean likes this.
    04-12-14 11:15 PM
    sorry but your opinion is wrong and i will get you more then one example. Its different its weird and its giving polarizing opinions. Does everyone remember the dodge ram truck when it came out. it was weird with odd fenders and everyone said this is big time ugly. Guess what that was the one that started dodge trucks sales on the way to now overtaking gm for sales. I also remember a galaxy note being looked at as weird and yet it was a huge seller and created a whole new category of phones. The phablet. So maybe you better take a history lesson or something what you deem to be odd, different or weird or ugly to you might just turn out to be something that causes a stir Thats what this device is about. If they want to play it safe they are dead and buried. they cant afford to do that. If it looks like 50 other phones on the market guess where sales are going. Yes thats right . Nowhere. I think its something people will find weird and want to check out. We dont even know why its weird. It might be because it offers some better screen real estate or because the battery is huge or because its an incredible tough phone that lasts forever and never breaks. We just dont know. So somehow i find your comments frankly surprising. Ugly, maybe but the comments in the forum have people talking and more then anything thats what people want especially if you are working for blackberry.
    imcurved and Dmessenger like this.
    04-12-14 11:20 PM
    finally a comment with some intelligence. I just think this whole thing is so close minded. Devices are going to change and there wlll be a new standard. Remember when blackberry was hot and everyone put down apple saying it looked like a toy. Well guess what happened there. Then apple was hot and samsung came along frankly i thought the samsung wasnt that nice but then it was the leader. This year supposedly HTC is the hot up and and comer but how long will that last. Its always about the next thing not about what was and looked good then. Lets look at this with something new and unusual to most. Thats right an open mind.
    04-12-14 11:24 PM
    sorry but your opinion is wrong and i will get you more then one example. Its different its weird and its giving polarizing opinions. Does everyone remember the dodge ram truck when it came out. it was weird with odd fenders and everyone said this is big time ugly. Guess what that was the one that started dodge trucks sales on the way to now overtaking gm for sales. I also remember a galaxy note being looked at as weird and yet it was a huge seller and created a whole new category of phones. The phablet. So maybe you better take a history lesson or something what you deem to be odd, different or weird or ugly to you might just turn out to be something that causes a stir Thats what this device is about. If they want to play it safe they are dead and buried. they cant afford to do that. If it looks like 50 other phones on the market guess where sales are going. Yes thats right . Nowhere. I think its something people will find weird and want to check out. We dont even know why its weird. It might be because it offers some better screen real estate or because the battery is huge or because its an incredible tough phone that lasts forever and never breaks. We just dont know. So somehow i find your comments frankly surprising. Ugly, maybe but the comments in the forum have people talking and more then anything thats what people want especially if you are working for blackberry.
    finally a comment with some intelligence. I just think this whole thing is so close minded. Devices are going to change and there wlll be a new standard. Remember when blackberry was hot and everyone put down apple saying it looked like a toy. Well guess what happened there. Then apple was hot and samsung came along frankly i thought the samsung wasnt that nice but then it was the leader. This year supposedly HTC is the hot up and and comer but how long will that last. Its always about the next thing not about what was and looked good then. Lets look at this with something new and unusual to most. Thats right an open mind.

Man, are you replying to yourself?
    madcat72 and Omnitech like this.
    04-12-14 11:30 PM
    Did you just quote your own post? Anyway, we'll come back to review this whole thing the device makes BlackBerry surpass Android and iOS

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    04-12-14 11:34 PM
    woooww... I don't know why blackberry so insist of using 1:1 form factor, we have 16:9 ratio for full touch, but why blackberry not trying to use 4:3 ratio for the Q device??? to date, only blackberry phone who is using 1:1 ratio?? I don't know what the reason is... it's no good, the only good thing is, if we want to take a selfie photo and to be put on our profile pic... nothing more!

Posted from my Quten
    04-12-14 11:59 PM
    Have a Q10, Z10, and Z30. Will snatch up a Q20 as well. I support BlackBerry, but this phone looks terrible in my opinion. Unless it offers something special, I don't see it selling.

Sent via CrackBerry Forums
    04-13-14 12:04 AM
    I say HOAX!
    04-13-14 12:08 AM
    Looks like a star trek tri-corder.

No signs of intelligence within this design captain.

Posted via CB10
    Now you got my attention, I want one Captain !!

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Z10 (STL100-3) 10.2.1.2947 on AT&T
    04-13-14 12:12 AM
    vvvvvThisvvvvv!

Winderemere leaked q30-img_00001171.png

Posted via CB10
    knownastron likes this.
    04-13-14 12:42 AM
    Thats one ugly casing.

Via my Z30&Q10
    04-13-14 01:01 AM
    Actually on some pics the phone looks 4:3

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    04-13-14 02:15 AM
    So how does someone type in cap with this phone? Or how does the special character work? No shift, no alt, no sym, heck, not even 0... and they call that a keyboard? If they want to go crazy they should have use the dvorak keyboard layout...
    04-13-14 04:59 AM
    I guess you were one of those who said the same thing about the:
    Z10
    Z30
    Q10......some people never learn anything......foot and mouth disease....in this case keyboard and brain
    Errr what makes you assume I said that?? None of those devices are ugly at all, they were all very good looking and I have the z10. But this thing is a monstrosity. Just look at the comments on the main page. This thing will be an epic fail when even 9/10 BlackBerry loyalists are already calling it "hideous". Imagine what the rest of the market will say...it will be a blood bath.

Only the most delusional fanboy like yourself would get this awful looking thing. As for me (and the vast majority even on this site) I would too embarrassed to pull this out of my pocket.

I hope you and the 8 other fanboys that will buy it, like it though....

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 05:14 AM
141 12345 ...