Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 03:17 PM
    Fake

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 04:14 PM
    Not good for viewing 16:9 content

Posted via CB10
    Neither is the Q10. Or the Q5.

The QWERTY phones are assumed to be used primarily for messaging, not content consumption.
    04-13-14 04:32 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	windermere.jpeg 
Views:	1916 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	262877

Name:	Windermere2.jpg 
Views:	1357 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	262878

Check the differences !
    So, one thing that strikes me, looking at that picture, is that this might be extremely cool if just the spacebar is the capacitive part. If the spacebar also doubles as the touchpad, that could be kind of interesting.
    04-13-14 04:36 PM
    I don't understand why everybody hates my design! I spent literally 20 seconds designing this phone! I hate you all (except the four guys who liked it). I'm tired of spending half a minute once every quarter designing these amazing phones just to have all you insane people think they're ugly!

I think this design is awesome! I want you all to know how insane you are...

Seriously though...I think I would need to try the device before issuing any judgements on it. It looks interesting though...I wanna play with it. Also looks like something to spark an interesting conversation...that might incite a vicious revolution and cause some punches. Now I REALLY want this device!
    Omnitech and BERRYNOID like this.
    04-13-14 04:39 PM
    I disagree

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 04:39 PM
    I like to know how the heck this keyboard is going to work.

If it does a good job I will buy this phone... I'm always out for something interesting and not mainstream...
    04-13-14 04:44 PM
    So, one thing that strikes me, looking at that picture, is that this might be extremely cool if just the spacebar is the capacitive part. If the spacebar also doubles as the touchpad, that could be kind of interesting.
    You magnificent *******! If that's the case, then you just sold me one of those, despite of being ugly.

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    04-13-14 04:45 PM
    Spacebar as trackpad? Interesting.
    I'm thinking about a kind of retractable keyboard too (hiding it under the screen maybe?), similar to right figure of patent schema. That lateral frames are very suspicious to me (retractable guides?)
    Last edited by BlackQtCoder; 04-13-14 at 05:05 PM.
    04-13-14 04:47 PM
    Fanbois on Crackberry have been wrong about pretty much everything related to BlackBerry the last few years.

No one with any intelligence would need the slightest bit of context to look at a statement such as the above and dismiss it as the ranting of a hopeless ideologue.

Let me tell you the one overriding point that the "fanbois" have been 100% correct on the last few years, something that the "critics" have long predicted the opposite:

RIM/BlackBerry is STILL IN BUSINESS.

Sorry to rain on your parade.
    04-13-14 05:46 PM
    No one with any intelligence would need the slightest bit of context to look at a statement such as the above and dismiss it as the ranting of a hopeless ideologue.

Let me tell you the one overriding point that the "fanbois" have been 100% correct on the last few years, something that the "critics" have long predicted the opposite:

RIM/BlackBerry is STILL IN BUSINESS.

Sorry to rain on your parade.
    I'm not sure what you mean. I bought two PlayBooks at full price, a z10, and I carry a z30 now. Clearly, I want BlackBerry to remain in business.

I've just been around here long enough to know that the prevailing sentiment is most always wrong. This design is not something that appeals to me at first glance but I am keeping an open mind.

Again, the key is that BlackBerry only plans to sell 10 million phones a year. This means that the market for this is only a few million. Looking at it that way, as a niche device, makes sense. BlackBerry is no longer trying to be Apple or Google and that may be a good thing. They are no longer thinking in terms of "tens of millions" like Heins was.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 06:20 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean. I bought two PlayBooks at full price, a z10, and I carry a z30 now. Clearly, I want BlackBerry to remain in business.

I didn't attempt to claim or imply that you "do not want" them to remain in business, but we have been listening to the critics consistently predicting the demise of the company for years --- yet, strangely ---- they are still in business.

That is the SINGLE most important point, a point which the "fanbois" as you call them, have been 100% correct on.

Despite your claim that the "fanbois" are virtually never right.

I've just been around here long enough to know that the prevailing sentiment is most always wrong.
    I've been around here long enough to know that most of the armchair CEOs around here - REGARDLESS of ideology or outlook - are wrong, most of the time. It's a pastime mostly for the clueless who have too much time on their hands.

This design is not something that appeals to me at first glance but I am keeping an open mind.
    It's an obvious fake for reasons which have been pointed-out in detail ITT.

The screen could be real - if only something BlackBerry engineering was playing with. But the screen content was definitely faked and the keyboard was definitely faked.

My first impression was that it was damn ugly, and obviously I'm not the only one who thinks that. Furthermore, it looks ridiculously impractical ergonomically. (Unless there is something truly magic with the keyboard - which is the one thing I will remain open-minded about until I see a picture of a keyboard that isn't obviously faked.)

Again, the key is that BlackBerry only plans to sell 10 million phones a year. This means that the market for this is only a few million. Looking at it that way, as a niche device, makes sense. BlackBerry is no longer trying to be Apple or Google and that may be a good thing. They are no longer thinking in terms of "tens of millions" like Heins was.

I personally think there was nothing wrong, conceptually, with Heins hoping to sell those kinds of quantities - after all several companies in the smartphone business certainly do that.

The problem at the time was not the hope to sell those kinds of numbers, the problem was in the execution. I doubt they could have done much more with the resources that had to work with in terms of enticing developers to bring more apps, but they definitely could have done way better on time-to-market, feature completion, software quality, public/customer communications and documentation, and marketing.

If they had, the company might not have gotten into the predicament they got themselves into.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-13-14 06:31 PM

Name:	windermere.jpeg 
Views:	1916 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	262877
    Err... Does that thing slide together and stand the keys on end, or something?
    (EDIT: ...in which case I'd have to assume it's the edges that are touch sensitive and accessible when folded up...)
    (EDIT2: ...maybe just recessed, beneath the frets and front, with the frets sliding together to form the touch part...)
    Last edited by jojon2se; 04-14-14 at 02:05 AM.
    04-13-14 07:01 PM
    I have a hard time believing this is an actual blackberry keyboard, it doesn't have any numbers or symbols, seems that it would be difficult to add proper punctuation, and would be quite counter-productive, basically the complete opposite of what most blackberry users want, and really not what you would expect in a bb10 device
    04-13-14 08:17 PM
    I have a hard time believing this is an actual blackberry keyboard, it doesn't have any numbers or symbols, seems that it would be difficult to add proper punctuation, and would be quite counter-productive, basically the complete opposite of what most blackberry users want, and really not what you would expect in a bb10 device
    Question for ya: Where are the numbers on a Z10 or Z30's virtual keyboard?
    04-13-14 09:49 PM
    Not good for viewing 16:9 content

Posted via CB10
    It's great for viewing web-content, though. And it'll be hardly any worse than using a phablet (if this phone does have a 1:1 5" screen.
    04-13-14 11:04 PM
    I think bigger keyboard with bigger keys (but not overly big like those for 7 inch tablet) will be easier to type on.

? CB10 ?
    04-14-14 01:21 AM
    My curiosity is peaked

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-14-14 03:23 AM
    Guys, this case is not the real of the Windermere/Q30. It's just a wrong case, look on alibaba, ebay and other shippers from the world they got Q30/Z5 full touch and kopi case but it's just for sell no for real protection of your device. The Q30 / windermere will Have rounded edges

Personally I wait the definitely for give my opinion

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 03:44 AM
    My curiosity is peaked

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Piqued.
    04-14-14 04:54 AM
    Piqued.
    Aroused

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-14-14 05:01 AM
    Chill with the jabs at this baby's looks. This pocket computer may not be primarily intended for the fashion conscious consumer market. It may have a specific purpose: a workhorse for enterprise, with a phat screen for fiddling around with word documents, etc. Handed out to companies when they sign the BES contract.
    04-14-14 05:16 AM
    Question for ya: Where are the numbers on a Z10 or Z30's virtual keyboard?
    those virtual keyboards do have the "sym/alt" and "shift" buttons to make numbers, capitol letters and symbols, as we would expect, the one shown in these pictures doesn't even have them, just letters, no visible way to change
    04-14-14 05:47 AM
    According to Ofutur, info in the 10.3 leak reveals:

Windermere's compact hybrid touch keyboard supports the following gestures:

* Tap

* Swipe down

* Swipe up (validates word)

* Swipe left (deletes word)

* Swipe right

* Touch up

* Touch down

* Touch + move

What is the difference between a "swipe" and a "touch?"

I bet the "tap" is if you first tap a letter and then press it, you get a capital letter. That's pretty cool.

Posted via CB10
    Phazn likes this.
    04-14-14 06:14 AM
141 ... 3456