finally a comment with some intelligence. I just think this whole thing is so close minded. Devices are going to change and there wlll be a new standard. Remember when blackberry was hot and everyone put down apple saying it looked like a toy. Well guess what happened there. Then apple was hot and samsung came along frankly i thought the samsung wasnt that nice but then it was the leader. This year supposedly HTC is the hot up and and comer but how long will that last. Its always about the next thing not about what was and looked good then. Lets look at this with something new and unusual to most. Thats right an open mind.
    Lmao he is literally talking to himself on a forum lol giving himself praise for the comment too hahaha

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 05:34 AM
    Fanbois on Crackberry have been wrong about pretty much everything related to BlackBerry the last few years. Sentiment here seems to be running against this by around 9 to 1. Although I am puzzled by this device, I am keeping an open mind. The fact that everyone here is mostly historically wrong tells me that BlackBerry could be on to something.

Most people hated Phablets too. I am still a little taken aback by the huge phones some people carry.

Remember also that BlackBerry has modest goals. It wants to be profitable selling only 10 million devices a year. Between Z3, Classic, Q30, and what remains of Q10/z10/Z30, that only translates into a few million of each. If BlackBerry can do this profitably, it has met it's goals.

Personally, I'm skeptical. This device isn't due out until the fall. Case makers may want to get the jump on things but this is way too soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 05:53 AM
    Am I the only one who loves the design? :-D

Posted via CB10
    imcurved, sisko2003 and habicht like this.
    04-13-14 06:09 AM
    "Someone" told me: "after 5 minutes in your hand, you'll fall in love, again" (or the likes).
    Something raving for keyboards lovers (I mean something new).
    I'll wait and see for the final device before I give my opinion

P.S: salt it.
    Onlinefire likes this.
    04-13-14 06:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    No I think there is someone else somewhere, lol

Posted via CB10
    shriscean likes this.
    04-13-14 07:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    I won't say I "love" it but I don't get the hate, either. I get the sense that they've got something new and interesting going on here, and we don't know exactly what they're up to yet.

I look forward to seeing this in action, especially if this is that capacitive touch keyboard we've been hearing about.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    04-13-14 07:28 AM
    Errr what makes you assume I said that?? None of those devices are ugly at all, they were all very good looking and I have the z10. But this thing is a monstrosity. Just look at the comments on the main page. This thing will be an epic fail when even 9/10 BlackBerry loyalists are already calling it "hideous". Imagine what the rest of the market will say...it will be a blood bath.

Only the most delusional fanboy like yourself would get this awful looking thing. As for me (and the vast majority even on this site) I would too embarrassed to pull this out of my pocket.

I hope you and the 8 other fanboys that will buy it, like it though....

Posted via CB10
    I Second This Notion. If This Form Factor Of Design Is Where The Q Series Is Headed I May Have To Abandon Ship. That Is One UGLY Phone. Call Me Superficial But The First Thing Tha Attracts Me To A Phone Is It Physical Design. I Could Care Less What It Can Do If Its Ugly #GetSomeCurvedEdgesOnThisThingASAP
    04-13-14 08:09 AM
    This might just be what BlackBerry needs. A device to rock the world of smartphones. All that needs to be seen is how it works and if brings anything new.

Dont judge a book by its cover.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Superfly_FR and imcurved like this.
    04-13-14 08:54 AM
    It's a hoax, but more than that, it would be a highly unorthodox gamble by a struggling company, and completely out of character for a CEO who strikes me as sensible and willing to listen to BlackBerry's more conservative user base.
    04-13-14 09:02 AM
    All this HATE is only because people dont understand this Device. Its something totally "new" the dimensions the Keyboard Technology i would say stop the hate and let it beeee! Wait for it guys...i have a good feeling this device will be something real good.

People usually dont like "change" or something totally new thats what i think this is all about.
    Superfly_FR and imcurved like this.
    04-13-14 09:12 AM
    Obviously this is fake as I did see more on ebay. Casemakers should be waiting until the damn thing is released before even deciding to make them based on either a concept or rendering... or else it's a STUPID move. besides, who wants a duplicate line of keys? Obviously... not.

Posted via CrackBerry 10 (CB10) application using my BlackBerry Q10.
    04-13-14 09:40 AM
    This guy on twitter has actually used the device. "@BB10VW: Yes, the Q30 may look awkward in pictures, but feels fantastic in your hands. A lot of surprises in this one there is. Don't be fooled." He seems legit.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 09:41 AM
    This guy on twitter has actually used the device. "@*****: Yes, the Q30 may look awkward in pictures, but feels fantastic in your hands. A lot of surprises in this one there is. Don't be fooled." He seems legit.

Posted via CB10
    Poor *****, I was trying to avoid him tons of flooding Tweets ...
    Guys, please don't hassle him, he won't/can't give you more. Even with a gun on his head.
    Be nice and avoid heavy style.
    04-13-14 09:44 AM
    And by the way, don't shoot the messenger

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 09:45 AM
    Yeah, I don't want to cause him any grief. Just excited, that's all.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-14 09:48 AM
    sorry but your opinion is wrong and i will get you more then one example. Its different its weird and its giving polarizing opinions. Does everyone remember the dodge ram truck when it came out. it was weird with odd fenders and everyone said this is big time ugly. Guess what that was the one that started dodge trucks sales on the way to now overtaking gm for sales. I also remember a galaxy note being looked at as weird and yet it was a huge seller and created a whole new category of phones. The phablet. So maybe you better take a history lesson or something what you deem to be odd, different or weird or ugly to you might just turn out to be something that causes a stir Thats what this device is about. If they want to play it safe they are dead and buried. they cant afford to do that. If it looks like 50 other phones on the market guess where sales are going. Yes thats right . Nowhere. I think its something people will find weird and want to check out. We dont even know why its weird. It might be because it offers some better screen real estate or because the battery is huge or because its an incredible tough phone that lasts forever and never breaks. We just dont know. So somehow i find your comments frankly surprising. Ugly, maybe but the comments in the forum have people talking and more then anything thats what people want especially if you are working for blackberry.
    finally a comment with some intelligence. I just think this whole thing is so close minded. Devices are going to change and there wlll be a new standard. Remember when blackberry was hot and everyone put down apple saying it looked like a toy. Well guess what happened there. Then apple was hot and samsung came along frankly i thought the samsung wasnt that nice but then it was the leader. This year supposedly HTC is the hot up and and comer but how long will that last. Its always about the next thing not about what was and looked good then. Lets look at this with something new and unusual to most. Thats right an open mind.
    In the running for post of the week award for sure. I don't think you can like and thank your own post, lol. Too bad.

About this q30, it's definitely not for me, but someone that wants a phablet style keyboard combo I can see it. The pics we see look stretched out, maybe it isn't has bad as it looks.
    04-13-14 09:58 AM
    In those proportions I think it would be very awkward to hold and type on.
    04-13-14 10:10 AM
    In the running for post of the week award for sure. I don't think you can like and thank your own post, lol. Too bad.

About this q30, it's definitely not for me, but someone that wants a phablet style keyboard combo I can see it. The pics we see look stretched out, maybe it isn't has bad as it looks.
    Maybe it was stretched out or skewed (or extra duplicate buttons added), strategically leaked in order to confuse most of the public until we see the actual device in tech blogger's hands, or carrier's stores. (come to think about it, I might just be right!)

04-13-14 10:10 AM
    The whole thing looks fake, from the duplicate icons to the obviously stretched camera icon. Let's wait and see what BlackBerry have in store and hopefully it won't be too long before they release something because I'm sort of bored with my Q and ready to buy a new Qwerty
    04-13-14 11:23 AM
    The whole thing looks fake, from the duplicate icons to the obviously stretched camera icon. Let's wait and see what BlackBerry have in store and hopefully it won't be too long before they release something because I'm sort of bored with my Q and ready to buy a new Qwerty
    I would keep the Q10 as a spare then once the newer one arrives.

04-13-14 11:46 AM
    Every phone from now on 16:9/rectangel screen or fail.
    04-13-14 01:17 PM
    I wonder what is the screen ratio on it?
    04-13-14 01:18 PM
    1:1 (square)
    04-13-14 01:34 PM
    If this is true, this will be a big, big mistake.
    04-13-14 01:38 PM
    A QWERTZ phablet with touch-sensitive keyboard, I seriously like the idea

Posted via CB10
    toneytone likes this.
    04-13-14 01:43 PM
141 ... 23456