This is NOT the phone that is planned for the health care side of things. This phone was designed far before that deal.

Posted via CB10
    I was under the impression that it was.. so what is that one then???

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 09:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm also under the impression that the Windermere is the phone targeted to the medical industry.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-29-14 10:35 AM
    This should definitely be the starting point for BlackBerry's next keyboard device, large and tall screen. The square screen just needs to go away...
    Might be useful for those with interests in media, but for communication on the go, a device like the one pictured (a Z30 with a keyboard) would just be too unwieldy for a professional.

Further, is a portrait orientation really helpful for a keyboard phone? Seems to me square is ideal. 9900 was landscape, and it was amazing.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 10:36 AM
    I currently use a Dell Venue Pro, which has a slider keyboard.
    I'd take a Z30 with a keyboard in a heartbeat, if they keyboard slid out like on my DVP.

Might be useful for those with interests in media, but for communication on the go, a device like the one pictured (a Z30 with a keyboard) would just be too unwieldy for a professional.

Further, is a portrait orientation really helpful for a keyboard phone? Seems to me square is ideal. 9900 was landscape, and it was amazing.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 11:23 AM
    I currently use a Dell Venue Pro, which has a slider keyboard.
    I'd take a Z30 with a keyboard in a heartbeat, if they keyboard slid out like on my DVP.
    Is the DVP your daily driver? I tried it for a while on my second line but the poor battery life made it unfeasible.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 01:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    It could be the phone in question. We just assume that the phone has been in the works for many moons. So when you hear that Blackberry has a deal on the table with the health industry, it makes it seem like this phone was not designed for them. But, reality, we don't know how long the talks with the health industry has been going on. Maybe they went back and forth on specs, till they were happy, then the signed the deal. Which was right around the time the first leaks popped up. The leak could have been a prototype used to get the health people on board.

But, I could be wrong.
    05-29-14 01:52 PM
    Battery life is definitely an issue. I have had to uninstall a number of apps, and disable all live tiles. I also keep it on the lowest brightness, unless out in bright sunlight.

On the other hand, it's the only phone I know of that offers a portrait physical QWERTY keyboard and also a full touch screen.

The battery door falls off several times a day. The phone itself locks up periodically. Occasionally when I slide out the keyboard too forcefully, the phone shuts off. Battery life is horrible. The camera is worse than horrible. Still, I'm not giving up this phone until some phone provider releases a better option. My needs are simple:

* Large touch screen
    * Physical keyboard (Portrait view. Can't stand landscape keyboards.)
    * Good camera
    * Good contact management
    * Ideally a slider, but I may have to cave on this issue.

Is the DVP your daily driver? I tried it for a while on my second line but the poor battery life made it unfeasible.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 04:00 PM
57 123