Sadly, that image is not representative of the Windermere. However, I think some people will change their minds once they see the finished version.
    Bla1ze, what do you think about the latest render that popped up in the forum?
    this is a lot more realistic isn't it?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...esigns-933040/
    05-22-14 02:25 AM
    Hope it's the square design, if it is I will buy it the day it comes out. Would love to have a phone that doesn't look like every other phone on the market.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 11:07 AM
    Sadly, that image is not representative of the Windermere. However, I think some people will change their minds once they see the finished version.
    The way you say "sadly", it sounds like the "real" version isn't as nice looking as this concept.
    05-22-14 02:44 PM
    He probably just isn't that big a fan of the 1:1 screen ratio either and would prefer a more portrait like screen. But I do believe that he likes the the finished Windermere design and build.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 03:39 PM
    So you have a pretty good idea of what it's going to look like?

05-22-14 04:14 PM
    I love how bla1ze replies to comments in general, he's very consistent :-|

Posted via CB10
    Bor Navas and bigjman like this.
    05-23-14 12:26 PM
    Bla1ze, have you changed your mind yet (*wink wink*)?

? CB10 ?
    05-23-14 12:45 PM
    Bla1ze any idea when this bad boy will be released to the public?

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 01:53 PM
    Please tell me it's not going to be that square thing. Please. Not that.
    05-23-14 02:08 PM
    I fear that it's going to look more like that hideous prototype thing we can't unsee than the Q10 which I find attractive. I hope I'm wrong.

What I think happened here is another corporate clusterfoof. The design is developed based on the touch-sensitive keyboard as trackpad and gesture pad: a collective gasp is heard: the team responsible for it says to the executive "hold on, try it out". the executives take one, possibly using it as their daily driver for a few weeks, and you know what? they discover that the experience is actually pretty cool! so the device gets greenlit.

fast-forward to launch day: an eerie replay of the z10 launch, where an excellent device is released to the public: but it is impossible to communicate the benefits to the public unless they are willing and able to suspend doubt and cynicism and use the device for a while, after which time a small percentage of users really like it and would gladly use one as their daily driver... but so few people will give BlackBerry the benefit of the doubt to take the time to get to know the Joseph Merrick of cell phones to learn what a sweet gentle soul it has, because they're too busy chasing it down the street with torches and pitchforks.

That kind of thing keeps me awake at nights.
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 05-23-14 at 02:33 PM.
    05-23-14 02:18 PM
    I fear that it's going to look more like that hideous prototype thing we can't unsee than the Q10 which I find attractive. I hope I'm wrong.
    Maybe it will be so ugly that it will be cute? Like a Chinese Crested?
    Bor Navas likes this.
    05-23-14 02:23 PM
    If there is a doG, I pray it will be so.
    05-23-14 02:31 PM
    Ryan you might be absolutely right!
    It will be great once one use it, but most will not!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by tomsobon; 05-23-14 at 02:57 PM.
    05-23-14 02:42 PM
    If it looks like a "fail" people won't use it. It has to be both exciting to look at as well as have exciting specs and features. It also needs to look like it is an expensive device and has an extremely nice build quality. We users know that the BlackBerry built quality is on par with the best but they need to be more high quality looking, similar to iphone quality "looking." I'm not saying it should look like the iphone (god no) but it should look similarly expensive.

Posted via my Q10, USA
    05-23-14 05:29 PM
    I think a lot of people forget this was designed with and for nanthealth, it will also be available, to public..so, obviously it will cater to market they aare building for, if it catches on it catches on

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 07:03 PM
    This is NOT the phone that is planned for the health care side of things. This phone was designed far before that deal.

Posted via CB10
    RodolfoAP likes this.
    05-23-14 09:25 PM
    more like a baby.
    05-26-14 10:42 PM
    Such gloom and doom over a device we haven't even seen yet in final form nor do we know how it operates. Let the device speak for itself we don't need anymore extra negativity beyond what is already out in the publics eye. If it's a/dog believe me people will know. Pure guess and speculation does nothing. Its both not useful and actually can be detrimental. Its also true that not everyone sees a device like you might. If that was the case everyone would just buy one brand of phone. It might not be your idea of a great device but maybe others think its perfect. I don't understand why people feel the need to say that their opinion is the only one that matters. They once said the minivan would never sell and it was ugly. Guess what that ugly one went on to be one of the most successful models in history. The nice thing is we can have an opinion just be reminded that one persons is just that one persons opinion. I say let's wait and see. Maybe this is a home run and we just haven't seen what it offers yet.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    gokulesh likes this.
    05-26-14 10:54 PM
    I have to admit I am getting a little nervous when it comes to the Windemere. On one hand I see rumoured pictures like the one shown here and think it could be a real beauty:

Attachment 271548

On the other hand I see cases, supposedly for the phone, that look like this.
    Rumoured Q30 Cases - 01
    Rumoured Q30 Cases - 02

I personally am not on fan of the the smaller, squarish look. Not only do I not think the aesthetics are not very pleasing, it appears this design would be top-heavy as well. As the rumoured specs appear to have a 1:1 aspect ratio I do not see how the first picture could be the phone and the 2nd one seems a more likely candidate.

If the rumoured specs are accurate this could be a real winner, however I think the look of the phone will still play a key role in the adoption rate for this device.
    First images look nice IMO. Square phones are about as attractive as square girls.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-27-14 03:43 AM
    The square phone might look ugly, but I think it will be very comfortable to use it. Not top-heavy and a wide keyboard for easy and fast typing. The wider screen will be great for web browsing and reading. It's clearly a business device, a powerful workhorse. Not so much a cute consumer device. A little bit polishing and it will find friends in the enterprise and prosumer space.
    Not for me. I'll wait for the Z50
    05-27-14 03:54 AM
    The square phone might look ugly, but I think it will be very comfortable to use it. Not top-heavy and a wide keyboard for easy and fast typing. The wider screen will be great for web browsing and reading. It's clearly a business device, a powerful workhorse. Not so much a cute consumer device. A little bit polishing and it will find friends in the enterprise and prosumer space.
    Not for me. I'll wait for the Z50
    I'm not sure if wider is really better for typing. On my Z10 I find it very hard to type when the phone is in landscape. It's too wide and hard to reach keys in the middle.

05-27-14 05:18 AM
    I have to admit I am getting a little nervous when it comes to the Windemere. On one hand I see rumoured pictures like the one shown here and think it could be a real beauty:

Attachment 271548

On the other hand I see cases, supposedly for the phone, that look like this.
    Rumoured Q30 Cases - 01
    Rumoured Q30 Cases - 02

I personally am not on fan of the the smaller, squarish look. Not only do I not think the aesthetics are not very pleasing, it appears this design would be top-heavy as well. As the rumoured specs appear to have a 1:1 aspect ratio I do not see how the first picture could be the phone and the 2nd one seems a more likely candidate.

If the rumoured specs are accurate this could be a real winner, however I think the look of the phone will still play a key role in the adoption rate for this device.
    This should definitely be the starting point for BlackBerry's next keyboard device, large and tall screen. The square screen just needs to go away...
    05-27-14 07:19 PM
    This should definitely be the starting point for BlackBerry's next keyboard device, large and tall screen. The square screen just needs to go away...
    +1

05-27-14 10:06 PM
    I'm waiting for the Z50, too. This design of the Windemere doesn't seem like my cup of tea, but I'll check it out if any stores have it on display in the States. And I do like the leaked specs as a good sign about the attitude of BlackBerry regarding future flagships.

[The Bad News--skip this paragraph if you don't like doom and gloom]. It just seems like such an unlikely candidate for a successfully selling form factor. Who will buy this device? I have predicted success of other unusual phones, such as early phablets, but this is even a longer shot in my view. And with the poor carrier relations and other headwinds facing BlackBerry, I agree with those who fear that Windemere could have disaster written all over it.

If you were Chen and you had to choose between rolling the dice on the Windemere, a form factor with no history of sales success, or on a Z50 that seems much more in tune with the other top selling phones of the day, why go Windemere?

My latest fantasy/prediction is that the Chen will pull a fast one and launch the Z50 this year to exploit the prevailing design winds. Then bring the Windemere. Perfect!

Posted via Z-10 100-3 running10.3.0.296/442 hybrid
    05-27-14 10:37 PM
    The best theory I have heard is that the Windermere device is going to be specifically targeting medical professionals.

[The Bad News--skip this paragraph if you don't like doom and gloom]. It just seems like such an unlikely candidate for a successfully selling form factor. Who will buy this device? I have predicted success of other unusual phones, such as early phablets, but this is even a longer shot in my view. And with the poor carrier relations and other headwinds facing BlackBerry, I agree with those who fear that Windemere could have disaster written all over it.

If you were Chen and you had to choose between rolling the dice on the Windemere, a form factor with no history of sales success, or on a Z50 that seems much more in tune with the other top selling phones of the day, why go Windemere?

Posted via Z-10 100-3 running10.3.0.296/442 hybrid
    05-28-14 07:46 AM
57 123