10-22-14 06:36 PM
52 123
tools
    Hi

I agree with that:
    I'll use my Passport instead of my ipad mini Retina and some daily work.
    But: for going outside like restaurant or having fun, I bought the iphone 6 4.7.
    It is always better to handle in my private time.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:40 PM
    So your paying an extra cellular fee for an additional device?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 09:04 PM
    My passport is my main driver now. Sometimes, I watch youtube on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:00 PM
    Yes. Z30 for backup and misc.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:04 PM
    Went clubbing and took the pp. Ended up in the bag checked at the door. No big deal. But maybe for other situations I may swap the sim back to the iphone.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:07 PM
    My Z30 is already in the hands of my wife :S

A happy BlackBerry users couple hehe

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 12:07 AM
    Yep I will keep my Nexus 5 for more private and entertainment stuff like running, especially when Moto360 smartwatch is on the way. I'm still missing one hand handling. At least that's a plan.

But last Friday I went to a club with Passport in my jeans pocket and never felt any discomfort and PP was still 25% charged after whole day of use, when my Nexus would be dead for few hours so far.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 12:59 AM
    Bought a PAYG SIM for my Q10 so I'll carry that when out on my bike.
    10-19-14 01:09 AM
    I'm actually thinking of what BB10 device to purchase for a backup as I had to switch to AT&T and do not have any GSM devices. The Passport is my first keyboard device so not sure about the Classic or how the pricing will be.

The Z10 is tempting for the price it is at. Would like to try a Z3, but the LTE version is MIA. Had a Verizon Z30 so of course the white Z30 is also tempting lol. Will likely try to get another BB10 when I have the extra cash to spend so I at least have one backup GSM device. A lot of my paid apps are not available on the Passport, but were on the Z10 so I might factor that in when the time comes.

To answer your question, yes I plan on grabbing another BB10 from shopblackberry since the Passport is my only GSM device and would like to have a backup. BlackBerry needs to get the Z3 on shopblackberry; hopefully with LTE. Maybe we will here more on that soon.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 01:39 AM
    I kept my Z10 and use it with a only-data sim card. Music, video and games are my way to go with it! (when it has battery #Troll)
    10-22-14 10:08 AM
    Nope! I gave my Q10 to my step-daughter. The Passport fits perfectly in the inside pocket of my purse so it goes everywhere I go!

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-22-14 10:12 AM
    I still need a second device because of two photography apps, neither of which work with the BlackBerry Android runtime, specifically EOS Remote and DSLR Controller. I need those for remote shooting, but the IP multicast property required for Wi-Fi direct is still not supported on BlackBerry 10 so they are a no go unless you are somewhere where there is a 3rd party network connection to connect both devices to.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 10:14 AM
    I'll be keeping my iPhone 5c as a back up phone just in case... I won't have to worry about changing SIM card since both phones use the same seize card.
    10-22-14 01:01 PM
    There are a few apps, games that are not compatible with the passport but I boot around my ipad mini anyway. Not sure if that's a solution instead of paying for another cell service...unless your using the second phone as a hotspot connectivity to the passport ? how are you connected ?
    10-22-14 01:06 PM
    Mine is pretty grab and go if you'd ask me, works amazingly for every app I've tried and seamless performance!

The size is not even close to an issue!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-22-14 02:06 PM
    As an old fart, I don't run or cycle. But I do work out at the gym four times a week, and I bring my Passport with me. It's not a big deal to have it in the pocket of my shorts. I'm forbidden by law to wear spandex, so that's not a problem.

That said, I'm holding onto my Q10 for situations where I might expect rough conditions. I usually sell one phone when I get another, but I'm keeping the Q10 as a backup. It's a great phone anyway, and I wouldn't get a ton of money for it. If I were going to spend a day at the beach, I might just use it instead of the Passport.
    netwerx1 likes this.
    10-22-14 02:32 PM
    Nope. Using my Passport for everything. It?s worked itself into my life perfectly.

And professionally, I was able to sell off my iPad mini, and I use my laptop less and less.

This thing is becoming a desktop replacement for work and play.

I love taking it out in restaurants and movies to check reviews, menus, etc. So easy to read.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 02:34 PM
    Yes - it's a Sony Xperia Z1 that I had already purchased. As a second phone, it's great - water-resistant, large screen, good camera, decent battery life (once on 4.4.4) and available apps via Google. I think it's underrated and the improvements in the Z2/Z3 are good. If they ever get to the point of including a secure fingerprint reader/biometric access and get a lot more onboard memory, I'll consider it as my primary phone. I found it good for trips to the beach (even though you're not supposed to immerse it in salt water, it held up well). The only downside is the glass back which caused me to drop it by accident - broke the screen, which I replaced - just needs a good protective case. I keep on hoping for a dual-sim phones as I regularly travel abroad to for longer durations. Still, I have to say the form-factor and ease of use of the Passport may very well keep me on Blackberry for a while to come. My eyes REALLY like it compared to the Q10 which caused me a lot of sight problems because of the small screen. The strain has disappeared and I'm not as tired.
    10-22-14 02:57 PM
    NO

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 02:59 PM
    As an old fart, I don't run or cycle. But I do work out at the gym four times a week, and I bring my Passport with me. It's not a big deal to have it in the pocket of my shorts. I'm forbidden by law to wear spandex, so that's not a problem.

That said, I'm holding onto my Q10 for situations where I might expect rough conditions. I usually sell one phone when I get another, but I'm keeping the Q10 as a backup. It's a great phone anyway, and I wouldn't get a ton of money for it. If I were going to spend a day at the beach, I might just use it instead of the Passport.
    You've pretty much captured my scenario, which is why I'm compelled to hold on to the Z10. It may only get used a few times a year, but I would be much less upset if it were to get damaged at the beach than if it were my Passport. I lost my Nexus 5 to the rising tide back in April (which is what brought me back to BlackBerry coincidentally).
    10-22-14 03:05 PM
    So all you "No" people are really carrying the Passport when you go running or cycling?
    I would when cycling since I use a camelbak for water. The passport won't add any extra weight.

I don't run.

I would hate to swap phones. All my apps and contacts, trying to sync them on two phones.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 03:08 PM
    Everyone needs a drinking phone

Posted via CB10
    netwerx1 likes this.
    10-22-14 03:13 PM
    So all you "No" people are really carrying the Passport when you go running or cycling?
    You can still take it with you when you run, done it a bunch of times already! It's not really that awkward...

If I really wanted I could load up my Z10 with just my music and maybe use it, but it's just not worth the inconvenience of switching all of my contacts/etc just to use it for that... Simpler to either use only one phone, or use the other phone only as a media player... Though I could understand all of those people going to the beach!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    10-22-14 05:39 PM
    In my case, the Z10 usage would be minimal and for short periods of time; so I would only have a small subset of my apps, media, etc...all my contacts/calendar entries are in the cloud (Outlook) so there would be no syncing necessary...swap the sim and go; swap it back when I get home. If I'm at the beach or doing something that would prompt me to want to use a smaller cheaper phone, then I'm probably not going to be using it that much during that time period, just for calls and maybe some messaging, maps...

And yes, the "drinking phone" is a good point
    10-22-14 06:03 PM
    I use my passport as a daily driver during workdays (Monday to friday). In the weekends or when I go out I take my Z30.
    When I go running or cycling, it's my Z10 that accompanies me, with Cascarun :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-22-14 06:20 PM
52 123