10-22-14 07:36 PM
52 123
tools
    I love the Passport's design and screen size for my daily use professionally, but let's be real, it's not exactly the most "portable" device in terms of grab-and-go handling...I'm considering keeping my Z10 or grabbing something else to swap my SIM into for use when I go out for entertainment or recreation. I just can't see having the Passport on me for a day at the beach...what's the consensus among the fellow early adopters here?

*EDIT: For those who are reading this out of context, when I use the word "entertainment" above, I am not referring to using my phone for entertainment, and thereby wanting a larger screen; I am referring to when I go out for entertainment, like a nightclub or concert, thereby wanting a more compact option because the phone will not be used much.
    Last edited by netwerx1; 10-18-14 at 08:41 PM.
    10-18-14 01:04 PM
    No. I'll be using my Passport for everything. If anyone knows someone who wants a Z10 with an extended battery, message me.
    10-18-14 01:13 PM
    Nope. Merged the iPhone 5s and the z10 into the pp!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 01:30 PM
    I must be in the minority then...though, I've only had the PP for a couple days, maybe I won't be so sensitive to its physical size after some time...but right now I just can't envision taking it along for a run, or to the beach, or a night out in Vegas, etc...

I guess my take is that the things I value most about the Passport are primarily relevant in relation to my professional life (although that extends far beyond 8-5 M-F)...that may change over time I suppose...
    10-18-14 01:44 PM
    If I have the money, I'll buy a Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 for Games and Android stuff. My BB10 phone will still be my primary though
    10-18-14 01:46 PM
    Not! I see no problem with the portability of my Passport.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    10-18-14 02:08 PM
    Will maybe get a Moto G to go with it. Sold my nexus 5 which was my backup to my z30 and will sell my z30 once the passport arrives.

Would like to go down to one phone but there are a few apps I need when traveling that won't run on the berry. Plus wondering how doing certain activities like running will probably be easier with a smaller phone.

Just not crazy on switching phones with different sim card sizes. Don't like using adapters. Guess I won't have a choice though.
    10-18-14 02:48 PM
    ...Plus wondering how doing certain activities like running will probably be easier with a smaller phone.
    Exactly my point, activities in which there are no pockets on your person, and one-handed use during vigorous movement is essential...
    10-18-14 03:01 PM
    No

Posted via zedten
    10-18-14 03:06 PM
    Nope. Carrying the Passport around and for the sake of a bigger screen I have an iPad. Frankly, the iPad is feeling a bit lonely these days given the superior screen of the PP.

Posted via CB10 using an awesome Passport
    10-18-14 03:08 PM
    Exactly my point, activities in which there are no pockets on your person, and one-handed use during vigorous movement is essential...
    Too bad they don't make a standalone smart watch that takes a nano sim and just works for calls, basic messaging and maybe GPS map/tracking (for those fitness things and getting lost). Would be better than a small phone.

Edit: Oh wait,.. here it is --> http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...ls-smartwatch/
    Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 03:20 PM
    So all you "No" people are really carrying the Passport when you go running or cycling?
    10-18-14 03:29 PM
    Passport on weekdays and Z30 during weekend. Perfect combo.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 03:50 PM
    I should add, that I won't take the passport because of fwar of damaging it on work site lol. I'm a big puss.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 03:53 PM
    I personally don't see the point in buying a phone and having to or wanting to use a second device? If I want my phone to be my running or cycling aid I wouldn't buy a Passport. Having said that, I can understand people having one for business use only and choosing a different mobile for personal use.

My sisters have to use Blackberry's for work (they're company supplied) but they're BlackBerry 7. They wouldn't use a BlackBerry for personal use but they do like the passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 03:55 PM
    Passport only

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-18-14 03:58 PM
    I need 2 phones 1 for work and 1 for personal use and had bought the PP for work use but it has become my work phone. I have the Z30 and thought it was a great personal phone and be hard to dislodge but PP has won me over.

Although for work use I think I would prefer pkb device versus all touch. Might need a second PP

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 04:01 PM
    No, when I'm running I have my ipod mini, don't want to be bugged. The difference between the passport and iPhone plus is nothing. This is wider but at least it doesn't bend

Cycling it's just a matter of putting in my water packsac.

I've been an iPhone user for years and I'm still getting use to it but so far I prefer this for many reasons especially the BlackBerry blend....and yes it does sound better in my truck bluetooth interface and there the same tracks I pulled out of my Apple folder...not a little better but a lot better.

Btw, it connects faster as well in comparison to my iPhone 5.

I would like a wrist watch to work with this...makes sense. To bad the Samsung won't work.

Guys I'm telling you from an Apple fan man since iPhone 4...there's so much this passport offers and I'm shocked!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 04:26 PM
    I've had my Passport for almost 2 weeks and I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

I do agree that for more vigorous activities a smaller form factor would be better. That's why I'm seriously considering getting a BlackBerry Classic as well.

I'll use the Classic with a Seidio combo case when exercising, fishing, yardwork, out on the town etc. Times when I just want to be available.

I'll switch to the Passport when I am working / researching / reading etc when I will benefit from its bigger screen and less chance of me dropping it or damaging it in anyway. This phone is too beautiful to rough house with!

I'm a BlackBerry junkie!

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 04:26 PM
    Will keep my Z30 as backup.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    10-18-14 04:43 PM
    I will use my Passport for the majority of the time, I will certainly switch back to my Z10 from time to time though. For example, I go away on many hunting trips and do not see my Passport being ideal for those times. I will need to do a lot of one handed maneuvers and will need something that doesn't take up a lot of room. But as I say, day to day my Passport will be my main device.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:44 PM
    Nope, selling my Z30 and using my Passport 100% of the time.
    10-18-14 07:46 PM
    I will use my Passport for the majority of the time, I will certainly switch back to my Z10 from time to time though. For example, I go away on many hunting trips and do not see my Passport being ideal for those times. I will need to do a lot of one handed maneuvers and will need something that doesn't take up a lot of room. But as I say, day to day my Passport will be my main device.
    See this is pretty much exactly where I land on this...there will be a handful of times a month that carrying the Passport instead of a more compact device just isn't practical by any stretch. I'm actually surprised to see so many that sharply disagree, but my needs and priorities are different from others, I realize that.
    10-18-14 07:53 PM
    My Q10 does what I need a phone to do for me. Apart from the Passport, I can't think of a more suitable phone. A tablet with much larger display between 7.7" to 10.5", very high resolution screen, very fast processing speed, high memory, high storage and acceptable battery life is the perfect alternative for my entertainment need.

SinSim, posted via CB10 (Q10, 10.2.1.3247)
    10-18-14 08:27 PM
    I have an old Motorola Defy that works great for me as a backup/recreational phone. I use my bike everyday and carry the PP with me usually but when getting out for a longer ride I take the Defy for safety purposes. I don't want to break an expensive and hard to get phone yet .

Posted via my square wonder thingie
    10-18-14 08:34 PM
52 123