The passport is my favorite BlackBerry phone. It's so unique and works flawlessly for me. I would hate to see it become an "old phone" but it will be someday once new devices are released. But do you think they'd make a new version of it? Newer than the silver edition?
    Imagine a new version that is simply just thinner, faster and has a better camera and specs... Maybe update the design a bit as well. Or is the passport a once in a lifetime phone for BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    11-05-15 08:44 AM
    They did the passport Silver Edition.

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul likes this.
    11-05-15 08:54 AM
    "Newer than the silver edition?"

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 08:56 AM
    My bet is that they will re-release the passport but with Android on it. And even if there is an improved Passport 2, I doubt it will come with BB 10 OS
    11-05-15 09:29 AM
    I would love to see an update too! Without Android of course, but a better Android runtime player. Faster processor too. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:53 AM
    Sadly I doubt it. I bought my Passport knowing I was investing in a dying OS. In two years or so I expect to have to move on to an Android or Idevice. Would love to be wrong though!

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 11:30 AM
    My bet is that they will re-release the passport but with Android on it. And even if there is an improved Passport 2, I doubt it will come with BB 10 OS
    I agree! If they release a 'new' Passport, it will be with Android. In fact, it may be the same hardware as the current Passport, just with Android.

I'm sort of hoping they do this, as that would mean that current Passport owners could get their hands on the 'Android for Passport'. If that happens, we'll have a choice of which OS to run and if (when) BB10 does the way of the dodo, then at least we can run Android on it for a while.
    11-05-15 01:10 PM
    They should make Passport 2 available in either BlackBerry 10 or Android.

In terms of hardware, I'd like to see:

1. Curved screens
    2. Lighter
    3. Better camera with 4k recording
    4. An optical trackpad on the side of the phone for 1 handed operation

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 07:50 PM
    Is it possible to dual boot like a PC? I remember people had windows and Linux on pc. So, if you can have a passport with bb10 and able to boot android... that may be the ultimate phone.

Personally, I could care less about android. With the Google play and snap on my passport, I'm all set with my trusty passport!

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul and edgarfranco47 like this.
    11-05-15 09:24 PM
    Is it possible to dual boot like a PC? I remember people had windows and Linux on pc. So, if you can have a passport with bb10 and able to boot android... that may be the ultimate phone.

Personally, I could care less about android. With the Google play and snap on my passport, I'm all set with my trusty passport!

Posted via CB10
    Google play works fully? Does snapchat work?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 09:25 PM
    The will! People running the Passport get along with BB10 and how it is working with droid apps. Governments and everyone else wants BB10. We can still make BB10 phones. Droid will bring enough money to float everything else.
    11-05-15 09:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Google play might work but every month that goes by less and less apps will work. Our run time is what 4.1? As these devs update the apps they quit supporting the old versions of android. And BlackBerry just said that while run time would stay in future builds they will NOT be updating it. So before to long android apps will be useless. And this really sucks because most of us have put up with so much just to use a BlackBerry and it basically over. It's a good thing I have become used to not having apps so it doesn't bother me to much. I have the pp on my work line and it's just a great communication device when it comes to lots of calls and texts it just works with out lagging. BlackBerry 10 is such a great OS it hurts to see it go

Posted via CB10
    edgarfranco47 likes this.
    11-05-15 10:06 PM
    They should make Passport 2 available in either BlackBerry 10 or Android.

In terms of hardware, I'd like to see:

1. Curved screens

Posted via CB10
    What is so special about a curved screen? I don't get it.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 10:16 PM
    They did the passport Silver Edition.

Posted via CB10
    It's mostly minor visual things that have changed on the SE, most of it is still the same. To me, it's more like a Passport 1.5

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 01:05 AM
    I'm not sure if they will make it but I'm sure they must make it like this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1036430

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-06-15 04:58 AM
    It's mostly minor visual things that have changed on the SE, most of it is still the same. To me, it's more like a Passport 1.5

Posted via CB10
    I was getting ready to post this when I saw you had. Yes, if the SE was software, it would be a 1.x, not a 2.0

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 02:32 PM
    Google play works fully? Does snapchat work?

Posted via CB10
    I don't use snapchat...

I haven't run into any issues with any android app... they all function on my passport. If it doesn't work, there's alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 04:00 PM
    I would love to see some sort of a passport 2, a refit of the current one. I will wait on the passport se for now while I enjoy my black passport.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    11-07-15 05:11 PM
    The passport is my favorite BlackBerry phone. It's so unique and works flawlessly for me. I would hate to see it become an "old phone" but it will be someday once new devices are released. But do you think they'd make a new version of it? Newer than the silver edition?
    Imagine a new version that is simply just thinner, faster and has a better camera and specs... Maybe update the design a bit as well. Or is the passport a once in a lifetime phone for BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    I believe even if blackberry closed the hardware division they would somehow be able to make a small amount of newer revised phones for their customers who simply want a blackberry device. I too love my passport and I don't care if the phone looked the same but with newer specs.

Passport/CB10 on Bell
    11-07-15 05:24 PM