Simple question does any one know if ShopBlackBerry will sell the Passport from the beginning?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 03:34 AM
    No.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    08-17-14 10:23 AM
    No, we don't know at this time. The availability from BlackBerry may be given with the launch date announcement.
    08-17-14 01:07 PM
    Hopefully yes! This would leave no space to the "Can't find the Passport at any store"...

Posted via CB10
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    08-17-14 01:25 PM
    Yes. I believe so. As the recent clash between BlackBerry and T mobile. Passport will be definitely available

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 01:39 PM
    It will probably vary by country. In Canada, BlackBerry still has some semblance of "carrier relations" that they will try to maintain by providing initial exclusivity periods. In the US, the only carrier that still acknowledges BlackBerry's existence is Verizon, but since shopblackberry devices are not CDMA, they can probably sell them earlier without ruffling any VZW feathers. However if AT&T and T-Mobile show any signs of interest, BlackBerry will probably chicken out.

What they should do is become authorized sellers of T-Mobile and AT&T contracts (or use whatever Amazon uses), so they can process contract-subsidized device sales directly from shopblackberry, offloading the inventory cost/risk from T-Mobile and AT&T.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    08-17-14 02:08 PM
    I would sure hope they would be selling a GSM factory unlocked version, I am on T Mobile USA and they no longer carry the brand. I would think there would be one available on launch date.

Sent from my lovely z30 on T Mobile USA
    08-17-14 07:26 PM
    +1
    Hope they do too... but highly doubt it, unless NONE of the carriers (@USA at least) are willing to offer it.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 08:16 PM
    They should but won't. Which sucks.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 09:54 PM
    If they don't give access to tmobile customers to by it out right I will buy a nexus 6 or moto x +1.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-14 11:49 PM
    We are still awaiting an official teaser from BlackBerry. Hopefully in upcoming weeks we may know more about the official information and availability.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    08-18-14 03:24 AM
    Hopefully yes! This would leave no space to the "Can't find the Passport at any store"...

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I'm so sick and tired of dealers refusing outright sales on launch day/week. I really hope shop BlackBerry sells them at launch, though I'm skeptical.
    08-19-14 12:27 AM
    for those on tmobile wind here in canada and moblicity use the same freq as tmobile so i can buy a tmo phone and it will work with my carrier wind phones will work on tmo so u have nothing to worry about. there will be a phone for u to buy. i would be shocked if blackberry didnt sell direct if they dont just buy a wind or moblicity phone and unlockit and ur good to go cheers
    08-19-14 01:42 AM
    for those on tmobile wind here in canada and moblicity use the same freq as tmobile so i can buy a tmo phone and it will work with my carrier wind phones will work on tmo so u have nothing to worry about. there will be a phone for u to buy. i would be shocked if blackberry didnt sell direct if they dont just buy a wind or moblicity phone and unlockit and ur good to go cheers
    The million dollar question (red) has yet to be determined. As many of us have already stated, we hope shopblackberry offers them on launch day (US, Canada, whatever), but we don't know that they will. I personally don't think they will have them on launch as it could potentially hinder carrier negotiations. I hope I'm wrong though.

PS: You might want to try some punctuation in future. That was a tough post to read.
    08-19-14 01:52 AM
    I'd like a pre order to be possible of some sort, I'm probably going to buy outright. Last time when the Q10 came out though koodo didn't mind selling out right so we shall see

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 01:58 AM