Again how would you know? I personally know some of my friends who would go back to a qwerty device but the small screens associated with qwerty phones was too much of a sacrifice.
    I "know" because this is a discussion forum where we speculate on BlackBerry.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion

Perhaps I should add "in my opinion" to my signature to avoid these stupid responses?

In my opinion, touchscreen users are not looking to move back to a qwerty, and there's nothing BlackBerry can do to change that.

I'm still struggling to identify the target market for a high-spec square phone.
    06-03-14 08:49 AM
    I think the Q30 will look much better in person than in the photos. Unlike the Q10, most users will likely use a case with their Q30 anyway. I think the Q30 will attract some interest outside the fan base just because it is so unique. Think of the Q30 as a hybrid device, not just a physical keyboard phone. The Q30 may be the only chance for BlackBerry to create interest in their products here in North America.

It would be ideal if BlackBerry would upgrade their Z phones at the same time. Better cameras for both, and a higher ppi screen for the Z30 and a larger battery for the Z10.
    06-03-14 10:15 AM
    I "know" because this is a discussion forum where we speculate on BlackBerry.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion

Perhaps I should add "in my opinion" to my signature to avoid these stupid responses?

In my opinion, touchscreen users are not looking to move back to a qwerty, and there's nothing BlackBerry can do to change that.

I'm still struggling to identify the target market for a high-spec square phone.
    Its hardly a stupid response when people are making assumptions that a untried piece of tech will fail just because you think so.

Anyways I didnt mean to offend, my "how do you know" comment was ment to be more of a "who knows" comment. No need to get all snappy.

There are millions of people who still or want to use a qwerty and then there are some who will only use a qwerty if it has a large screen.

There's a competition going on crackberry to win either a windermere or a classic.

Id bet out of the 4000++ and counting participants a significant more want the windermere. How that for a sample size?

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-03-14 10:24 AM
    I'm not saying BlackBerry will come back with the brightest light but this device is gonna give people someting to talk about, i mean look at nokia, they were in the same situation then boom lumia 1020 take it bqck to competition, even if this device doesn't sells well it will bring BlackBerry to people mouths again, and if iphone fails Business people will look other way not exactly to BlackBerry but ey! It's someting.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 11:07 AM
    There is some truth to this.

Apple has lost significant market share to android everywhere around the world.

Losing market share in a rapidly growing segment while increasing your devices sold and profit from those sales is not a bad problem to have. What is the ASP on the majority if those Android sales in that market share? My guess is significantly less than Apple's!

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    06-03-14 01:20 PM
    And not everywhere around the world, off the top my head Apple has increased market share in the USA, Japan and Australia.
    06-03-14 02:21 PM
    Its hardly a stupid response when people are making assumptions that a untried piece of tech will fail just because you think so.

Anyways I didnt mean to offend, my "how do you know" comment was ment to be more of a "who knows" comment. No need to get all snappy.

There are millions of people who still or want to use a qwerty and then there are some who will only use a qwerty if it has a large screen.

There's a competition going on crackberry to win either a windermere or a classic.

Id bet out of the 4000++ and counting participants a significant more want the windermere. How that for a sample size?

http://www.neowin.net/news/blackberr...crazy-keyboard

I think the comments on this article represent the general public's view on this phone quite well, unfortunately.
    06-05-14 01:14 AM
    I think Blackberry is covering everything in this one phone :P, whoever said the hardware is not dated enough a 3GB ram does not look like an outdated hardware :P, plus a screen that big like a full touch with the keyboard, is like the best of both worlds :P, I am in for the Q30, m not such a big fan of megapixels but 13 is great for those that are , also the keypad featuring gestures is like blowing off the iPhone concept of keypads being a limitation and old generation, no1 can beat the typing experience of a physical keypad
    neoberry99 and crazigee like this.
    06-05-14 05:29 AM
    I think Blackberry is covering everything in this one phone :P, whoever said the hardware is not dated enough a 3GB ram does not look like an outdated hardware :P, plus a screen that big like a full touch with the keyboard, is like the best of both worlds :P, I am in for the Q30, m not such a big fan of megapixels but 13 is great for those that are , also the keypad featuring gestures is like blowing off the iPhone concept of keypads being a limitation and old generation, no1 can beat the typing experience of a physical keypad
    I have to disagree. I think this phone will appeal to only a very small niche.

The rumored Manitoba, if it ever sees the light of day, will be the one that appeals to the masses.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-06-14 11:06 AM
    The Manitoba?!???!?? Going into Google overdrive now, lemme chk it out.....!!

from an australian Z10...
    06-06-14 10:02 PM
    The Manitoba?!???!?? Going into Google overdrive now, lemme chk it out.....!!

It a rumored device, along the lines of Ontario. The rumor only surfaced yesterday. No details whatsoever, except it might be 64 bit. Nothing else. No release date.

There's a thread about it in the rumored devices forum:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=936713

06-06-14 10:03 PM
    Great, another BlackBerry to obsess about.... more googling now...

06-06-14 10:06 PM
    Great, another BlackBerry to obsess about.... more googling now...

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath either.

06-06-14 11:08 PM
    im still thinking that this is highly niche device. i dont even think many of the current q10/q5 owners will move to this device.
    Who's knows...you might be suprised...I own all three phones (gave the Z10 away once I aquired the Z30) just recently bought a Q10 and have been using it for quite some time, I figured that I can switch between that and the Z30 at will... but haven't yet all because of the nostalgic factor from not using a querty keyboard since the first Storm. maybe others might feel the same way given that the Q30 will have a bigger screen.

#poweredbyblackberry10
    06-06-14 11:35 PM
    Really Excited for the q30, I hope its sexy!! It need to come out ASAP.

Its time for new phones
    06-07-14 12:33 AM
    the q30 will be something of its own...

The biggest question will be if it will be able to run classic apps designed for typical screen resolutions 4:3 16:10 or 16:9.

So if there's an setting where you could say... App xy should run 16:9... that could be really cool...

Like Apple does with older iPhone Apps on the iPad...
    06-07-14 02:07 AM
    Who's knows...you might be suprised...I own all three phones (gave the Z10 away once I aquired the Z30) just recently bought a Q10 and have been using it for quite some time, I figured that I can switch between that and the Z30 at will... but haven't yet all because of the nostalgic factor from not using a querty keyboard since the first Storm. maybe others might feel the same way given that the Q30 will have a bigger screen.

#poweredbyblackberry10
    I don't know. My instinct tells me that it's going to be a flop. I don't think BlackBerry should drop keyboard devices altogether, but they should be focusing more on touch devices.

I think releasing a series of keyboard devices without even an announcement of a new flagship touch is a mistake.

lnichols likes this.
    06-07-14 09:57 AM
    I think of the q30 as an extremely niche device. Given all of the specs, this seems like the Uber device for someone who has to both pump out emails and communication?s and some one who perhaps has to read a lot. The typical business user.

It is probably not the device for movies, games, etc. Aspect ratio is seriously wrong (maybe letterbox solves this). But if you have to do a ton of emails at the end of a day, read proposals, books, etc, this could really be the one.

I have been looking for a phone, mobile, Kindle reader, browser (for searches and research), and a super texting device. This (regardless of its sex appeal) really could be that device.

And, while many people are vain, I could not give a $h!t if people think my device is "cool". For me, time is the commodity I can never get back, and getting $h!t done is the most important.

Apple iphone6, you got to be kidding....

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 06:00 PM
    Leejayh, good response.

I'm with you. I use my phone to communicate. I want something fast, can no longer live without the Hub, high resolution screen for imaging, good camera, and unique.

The Windermere has all this plus the most interesting keyboard ever.

I'm a Z30 user now, absolutely lot this amazing device, but will buy 2 or three Windermere's for myself and staff to try out.

Come on September.

Posted via CB10 on the great Z30
    Dmessenger and neoberry99 like this.
    06-07-14 09:04 PM
    Would BlackBerry's strategy maybe be that they are trying to draw a bit of attention in with the q30, then quickly after the q30's debut release the q20? Releasing the q20 and 30 may well bring people's attention back to BlackBerry a bit seeing as one is a more safe release while the other is a more risky endeavor? Then a possibly releasing the next full touch in the "z" series which may very well be a powerhouse(which is what people like)? I'm just going out on a limb seeing as BlackBerry isn't in the competing business in the sense of handhelds.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-14 10:33 PM
    Would BlackBerry's strategy maybe be that they are trying to draw a bit of attention in with the q30, then quickly after the q30's debut release the q20? Releasing the q20 and 30 may well bring people's attention back to BlackBerry a bit seeing as one is a more safe release while the other is a more risky endeavor? Then a possibly releasing the next full touch in the "z" series which may very well be a powerhouse(which is what people like)? I'm just going out on a limb seeing as BlackBerry isn't in the competing business in the sense of handhelds.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly my toughts, no one will buy that but this is gonna turn BlackBerry back to life.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-14 05:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Could be. If that is their strategy it will be interesting to see if it works.

The problem is that I don't see the the Q30 drawing a lot of positive attention. Sincerely the Q30 is the first building block in that strategy the whole thing falls apart in that case.

06-08-14 11:52 AM
122 ... 345