Ppl who think the Q30 is designed to compete with ip6 are delusional. Don't get me wrong, I am a massive BlackBerry guy, but I don't think our devices are in the same market. Different devices for different usage.

from an australian Z10...
    06-01-14 07:49 PM
    And the Q10 was the best physical qwerty keyboard and look where that took them lol

Posted via CB10
    The Q10 had a major deficiency. A lack of a large screen.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-02-14 03:02 AM
    Ppl who think the Q30 is designed to compete with ip6 are delusional. Don't get me wrong, I am a massive BlackBerry guy, but I don't think our devices are in the same market. Different devices for different usage.

from an australian Z10...
    Well BlackBerry IS launching windermere and 10.3 in september. I wouldnt say its "competing" directly with the iphone 6 but september is probably the best time to launch any kind of electronics, gadget, phone, video game console, etc.

Windermere will create a attractive proposition for anyone who wants to continue using or wants to go back to a qwerty phone. Thats the market and I think there will be a meaningful market.

anon(4077577) and neoberry99 like this.
    06-02-14 03:08 AM
    Well BlackBerry IS launching windermere and 10.3 in september. I wouldnt say its "competing" directly with the iphone 6 but september is probably the best time to launch any kind of electronics, gadget, phone, video game console, etc.

Windermere will create a attractive proposition for anyone who wants to continue using or wants to go back to a qwerty phone. Thats the market and I think there will be a meaningful market.

It's not head to head competition, but a competition of choice for past BlackBerry business users who are current slab phone users in making a purchasing decision. Q30 vs ip6.

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    06-02-14 05:00 AM
    It's not head to head competition, but a competition of choice for past BlackBerry business users who are current slab phone users in making a purchasing decision. Q30 vs ip6.

Agreed. The Q30 I feel, represents both the practicality of a qwerty and a proper large screen.

06-02-14 08:19 AM
    Hopefully it should release by last week of August or September 1st week.

I am still not able to understand why BlackBerry not even creating a hype around this so that half of sales process will be done prior to release. The revolutionary keyboard which accepts gestures is something no other company have come out till now.This device is worth marketing..

The Big Picture likes this.
    06-02-14 08:47 AM
    Hopefully it should release by last week of August or September 1st week.

I am still not able to understand why BlackBerry not even creating a hype around this so that half of sales process will be done prior to release. The revolutionary keyboard which accepts gestures is something no other company have come out till now.This device is worth marketing..

as far as i love blackberry and my Q10, people will laugh at that device. I've showed the renders to many people in my entourage, and you dont want to know what kind of feedback i got from it.

I dont care, i'll buy it on day one, and the winderemere will happily replace my Q10, but my point is: this device is for such a niche market, there is no need for any marketing for the consumer's market...

AND, to be honest... i'd like to see that "super innovative keyboard"... As far as I understand, it's just a three row keyboard, symbols and numbers will appear on a virtual row on the screen, that's NOT super innovation for me, sorry... I'm really curious to see it, and to understand how it will actually work with a row for symbols, one for numbers and another one for word prediction???? effectively shrinking the screen real estate

the swipe capability is great, but what will we use it for? I previously thought that by swiping the device, symbols or numbers would appear on the keyboard.. but it isn't the case apparently

one more interesting point to understand is in regards to apps (APKs), the screen dimension is actually taller than the old iPhone 4. making all apps perfectly run at 4:3 ratio with letterbox on the side..would we be able to choose a resolution format for androind ports? or will the device works exactly like the Q10?
    06-02-14 09:04 AM
    I was worried about whether the Q30 would feel too wide in the hand so I made a template 120 mm by 88 mm ( speculation) with a screen size of 4.5 inches on the diagonal and found it to be much better than I had thought. I am thinking that this could be the one BlackBerry that might actually cause a buzz in the techno world. I really like BB10 so I hope that is the case. A great device might help the reviewers to realize that BB10 is really a great OS and that the app issue is not such a big deal any more.
    06-02-14 09:26 AM
    I was worried about whether the Q30 would feel too wide in the hand so I made a template 120 mm by 88 mm ( speculation) with a screen size of 4.5 inches on the diagonal and found it to be much better than I had thought. I am thinking that this could be the one BlackBerry that might actually cause a buzz in the techno world. I really like BB10 so I hope that is the case. A great device might help the reviewers to realize that BB10 is really a great OS and that the app issue is not such a big deal any more.
    Millions have dealt with the samsung note 3, sony xperia ultra's and all the other large phablets out there.

Im sure we can deal with a side qwerty phone.

I believe as you that this device has potential. Im carefully optimistic

06-02-14 10:18 AM
    If anyone needs any proof as to why BBRY should not go head to head with iPhone 6, they just need to look at all the hype and excitement being generated by the keynote presentation at the Apple Worldwide Developer Conference today. The mainstream media is providing live coverage and instant updates of virtually every single thing Apple executives are saying and announcing. It seems as though even such a minor thing like the temperature outside today would warrant an update in media as influential as the Wall Street Journal or CNBC.

The almost breathless excitement surrounding presentations on iOS8 or the new Mac OS X is stunning.

People can criticize Apple all they want but they have proven once again that they know what they're doing in terms of marketing, sales, communications and development. Every single feature that they are including in the latest Mac OSX or iOS 8 is greeted as being cutting edge, revolutionary, exciting and new. BBRY can basically launch a device that can launch the space shuttle with one swipe and it couldn't compete with this hype.
    06-02-14 01:14 PM
    You are underating BlackBerry, i mean the iphone 6 could be a failure (talkibg about past sells) just like the galaxy S5 did. In the other hand apple is losing more and more market share because their 0 innovation so the BlackBerry Q30 with an insane keyboard could make a diference at least for Business people.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 07:30 PM
    You are underating BlackBerry, i mean the iphone 6 could be a failure (talkibg about past sells) just like the galaxy S5 did. In the other hand apple is losing more and more market share because their 0 innovation so the BlackBerry Q30 with an insane keyboard could make a diference at least for Business people.

Posted via CB10
    Ha ha....

Lucky for BlackBerry, the bar is very low. The Q30 could be a success at 350,000 units per month.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 07:45 PM
    Lol. Good one. I really needed something to make me laugh.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-02-14 10:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is some truth to this.

Apple has lost significant market share to android everywhere around the world.

06-03-14 12:15 AM
    I think it's a smart idea to produce the q30. It's not supposed to compete with the iphone6. Blackberry has already tried to make a phone (z10) and put it against the iPhone. No traction there. So Blackberry is sort of creating a niche market for a phone, that kind of has no competition cause it's the only one like it. I'm sure it will do well as a flagship. I just don't see it being in everyone's hands. The touch screen will compete with other phones, but this Q30 is blackberry linking the future of specs size and keyboard with there ironic style.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 01:16 AM
    There is some truth to this.

Apple has lost significant market share to android everywhere around the world.

To Android maybe. Not to BlackBerry. If the iPhone 6 is a failure it won't help the Q30. People buying the iPhone aren't looking for a keyboard phone.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    06-03-14 01:26 AM
    Why does it matter if the Q30 is released before or after the next iPhone?

Do you really think current iPhone users are gonna say "Well, I was gonna wait for the next iPhone, but seeing as BlackBerry released that big *** square phone with a keyboard, I'm gonna jump ship"?
    06-03-14 01:36 AM

Do you really think current iPhone users are gonna say "Well, I was gonna wait for the next iPhone, but seeing as BlackBerry released that big *** square phone with a keyboard, I'm gonna jump ship"?
    It will compete against iphone for sure.Not about head to head, but for a business user like me and my busy colleagues who all got an ip5 last year since they were fed up with 9900.I showed my q10 and they liked everything but small and dim screen. There are many professionals who will ditch theirr iphones aand will come back to BlackBerry if q30 launches on time.

See..its not the iphone fanatics I am speaking about,but the old business user base who relied on BlackBerry 3 years ago.Why can't BlackBerry give them a chance to come back?????

The Big Picture likes this.
    06-03-14 01:39 AM
    Windermere and Classic will be launch by just a month in gap? Hmm. Doesn't that sound a little bit dangerous for either of the two? I hope local telco's here in PH gets the Classic.

And one more thing. Let's not forget that people, by nature, most of the time judge things by its appearance. As of now, Windermere doesn't seem to be very appealing for me.

BlackBerry by choice. Powered by BlackBerry 10. I choose BlackBerry. Keep moving.
    06-03-14 02:56 AM
    It will compete against iphone for sure.Not about head to head, but for a business user like me and my busy colleagues who all got an ip5 last year since they were fed up with 9900.I showed my q10 and they liked everything but small and dim screen. There are many professionals who will ditch theirr iphones aand will come back to BlackBerry if q30 launches on time.

See..its not the iphone fanatics I am speaking about,but the old business user base who relied on BlackBerry 3 years ago.Why can't BlackBerry give them a chance to come back?????

Well hopefully you're right and businesses will re-adopt BlackBerry into their mobile fleet.

Given the rise of BYOD I don't see this happening. It's the consumers driving IT in business and consumers love iPhones. A big square phone will not tempt them back, unfortunately.
    06-03-14 04:54 AM
    In line with what Dmessenger said, I think we are being a bit too pessimistic here.

Not every iphone user in the world is happy with their device, there are also those who like to try new things, many blackberry users became iphone users because it represented something new and different at the time, or were just sick of waiting.

MAYBE just maybe some of them want to go back to a physical keyboard?

There are all types of people in the world i dont think we should generalise that the Q30 would not interest anybody.

The Z10 was targeted to gain back marketshare from iphone and android therefore it was a me too device.

There is nothing me too about the Q30. Its unique.

Dmessenger likes this.
    06-03-14 05:38 AM
    Well hopefully you're right and businesses will re-adopt BlackBerry into their mobile fleet.

Given the rise of BYOD I don't see this happening. It's the consumers driving IT in business and consumers love iPhones. A big square phone will not tempt them back, unfortunately.
    Again how would you know? I personally know some of my friends who would go back to a qwerty device but the small screens associated with qwerty phones was too much of a sacrifice.
    06-03-14 05:40 AM
    The windermere and classic are targeted to different markets.

The classic as John Chen mentioned is targeted to BBOS diehards who need and want the belt. A bridge between old and new blackberry devices.

The windermere is Blackberry's Unique proposition, a large screen qwerty, the first of its kind and a spiritual successor to the Q10.

Windermere and Classic will be launch by just a month in gap? Hmm. Doesn't that sound a little bit dangerous for either of the two? I hope local telco's here in PH gets the Classic.

And one more thing. Let's not forget that people, by nature, most of the time judge things by its appearance. As of now, Windermere doesn't seem to be very appealing for me.

BlackBerry by choice. Powered by BlackBerry 10. I choose BlackBerry. Keep moving.
    06-03-14 05:43 AM

It matters.If not all many iphone and android users I know are technology lovers.They always welcome try out new things. For me windermere is a unique device backed with some real innovation.

I have lot of friends tired of galaxy s3 and ip4 who were BlackBerry bold users before. They aree really looking ahead for the release of q30.Yes BlackBerry will have to create hype and advertise windermere if they want to make the old BlackBerry users aware of what this phablet is capable of doing

06-03-14 07:02 AM
    It matters.If not all many iphone and android users I know are technology lovers.They always welcome try out new things. For me windermere is a unique device backed with some real innovation.

I have lot of friends tired of galaxy s3 and ip4 who were BlackBerry bold users before. They aree really looking ahead for the release of q30.Yes BlackBerry will have to create hype and advertise windermere if they want to make the old BlackBerry users aware of what this phablet is capable of doing

While I know people still using the S3 and ip4... I wouldn't call them technology lovers.

If screen size and format were the only things holding people back from adopting a BlackBerry device, and they really want a physically keyboard.... then the Windermere will be of great interest to them.

What I really question is BlackBerry's pricing strategy and product line up. BES12 is suppose to be ready later this year, will BlackBerry have a line up of different price points? The Curve was "the" device from many enterprise customers, so apparently price is important. Will the Q5 and Q10 both stay in the lineup as he entry level devices? Will the "Classic" be the entry level device?
    06-03-14 07:25 AM
122 ... 2345