1. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I have the z30 and Iphone 5 (backups z10,q10)...

I miss the bold 9900 keyboard big time!!! Typing such a pain with iPhone and z30...

Want a qwerty phone to complement the iPhone 5....

Don't like the q10 keyboard at all... want the iconic bold 9900 keyboard please!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 11:45 PM
    Strategically launching windermere before iphone 6 would be beneficial.

I am pretty sure blackberry is crazy busy at this time.

Working on Project ion, blackberry fuse, Blackberry Blend, BES12, 10.3, Q30 windermere, Q20 classic, Z3 LTE and 10.3.1 for all other devices.

Dont forget they are a much smaller in work force than they used to be.
    Please be patient with me but how is it beneficial for it to come out before the release of iPhone 6? Just wanted to be enlightened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-30-14 02:09 AM
    Please be patient with me but how is it beneficial for it to come out before the release of iPhone 6? Just wanted to be enlightened.

I hope you wouldn't have forgotten those days when you find a BlackBerry among business professionals. All in the blazers tie typing in train,cars,hotels,office and go on.I am not saying the iphone fanatics will stand in queue to purchase windermere.I know many of my friends who tried q10,but because of small and dim screen they went ahead with ip5.

Point here is q30 will stand a good chance if it's released before ip6 as atleast the old business users will surely give a try because of the beefed up specs and bigger screen. Also purchase/upgrade normally happens once.If ip 6 gets released first many of the existing ip5 users who were BlackBerry loyalists before will normally try ip6 and will upgrade rather than spending or waiting again for windermere.

Timing is very important in technology business. If its wrong timing you can't expect even a splendid device to sell

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    The Big Picture and Katika99 like this.
    05-30-14 02:32 AM

DMessenger's reply is almost exactly what I was going say.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    05-30-14 02:39 AM
    I hope you wouldn't have forgotten those days when you find a BlackBerry among business professionals. All in the blazers tie typing in train,cars,hotels,office and go on.I am not saying the iphone fanatics will stand in queue to purchase windermere.I know many of my friends who tried q10,but because of small and dim screen they went ahead with ip5.

Point here is q30 will stand a good chance if it's released before ip6 as atleast the old business users will surely give a try because of the beefed up specs and bigger screen. Also purchase/upgrade normally happens once.If ip 6 gets released first many of the existing ip5 users who were BlackBerry loyalists before will normally try ip6 and will upgrade rather than spending or waiting again for windermere.

Timing is very important in technology business. If its wrong timing you can't expect even a splendid device to sell

Wow thank you for that in depth explanation and you're right it makes total sense. Possibly more sense as a consumer because just as you said, I would love to try or see the new q30 before the ip6 come out.

If course in the business perspective it will make more sense as well.

Thanks for being patient with me and for that explanation.

05-30-14 04:54 AM
    BlackBerry is not tempting the androids and iphone users back to qwerty in the straightforward sense. They are luring those BBOS7 users who reluctantly move to androids and iphone for lack of updated functions. The failed of Z10 and Z30 launched proves that another touch screen device will not help recuperate the loss market. At least not in the near future. Not until BB10 mature and well known in the consumers market. Consumers know of BlackBerry in the antiquated sense not the transforming QNX/BB10 OS. Crackberry members hardly represents any significant numbers in the overall cell phone market. No phone despite how advance in it's technology will single handedly save BlackBerry.
    05-30-14 06:29 AM
    05-30-14 09:25 AM
    Another point. I think BlackBerry need to release ALL their devices during a time when Apple isn't releasing anything.
    05-30-14 10:15 AM
    Another issue driving folks like me away from BB qwerty devices is the double typing issue which plagues the Q10. I am now on the Z30 and love the keyboard but I was driven there partially by problems with Q10 double typing.
    05-30-14 02:04 PM
    Will Q30 arrive before iPhone 6 release on September 19th??

The Q30 won't have QHD nor FHD so why compare it to the iPhone 6?
    05-30-14 02:15 PM
    It would make zero sense for the Q30 to go head to head with the iPhone 6 at this point. Whether the Q30 is a better device than the iPhone 6 or not will be irrelevant. Launching anywhere near the iPhone 6 only means BBRY going head-to-head with the marketing heft and know how of Apple which would be a futile effort from the get go.

It would be best for BBRY to launch the Q30 when they can generate some buzz and excitement and at least have a fighting chance at some media coverage. BBRY trying to take on the Apple marketing machine is a lost cause before they even start.
    05-30-14 07:18 PM
    We all know, no matter what, the release of the iPhone will draw lines as far as the eye can see EVERYWHERE! That is the juggernaut known as Apple.

It is a shame to say, but BlackBerry is not as big as Apple currently. Albeit, in 2007-2009, BlackBerry we're rolling higher than Apple.

I'm curious, how does BlackBerry compete against Apple? With the release of the Q20/Q30, etc. they must deliver it properly.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    05-30-14 07:34 PM
    Neither will the iphone 6. 1704 x 960, isn't full HD. Reports say it will have ultra sharp screen resolution. That's apple talk for the same as last years. Also known as retina display. Plus, from the bits and pieces of q30 info I've heard, the q30's ppi is stupid high.
    05-30-14 09:22 PM
    It's funny that the posts where people are saying the soft keyboard is the best are riddled with spelling mistakes.

I personally am waiting to see what these next qwerty phones will be. I like my z10 but you can bang off a million texts with a physical keyboard. Anyone who uses BBM or whatsapp groups or just sends a million texts a day would appreciate the effectiveness of a physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 10:00 PM
    if you consider the Q10's 720x720 as HD then Q30's 1440x1440 is definitely QHD. plus, iphone6 is not going to be FHD either.
    05-31-14 12:17 AM
    Even if it does, it isn't a device to compete with an all touch offering like the iPhone 6. They surely won't advertise it or put a marketing effort in towards any consumer markets for it.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-31-14 09:14 AM
    It's funny that the posts where people are saying the soft keyboard is the best are riddled with spelling mistakes.

I personally am waiting to see what these next qwerty phones will be. I like my z10 but you can bang off a million texts with a physical keyboard. Anyone who uses BBM or whatsapp groups or just sends a million texts a day would appreciate the effectiveness of a physical keyboard

Posted via CB10
    No typos on mine and I am on a touch. Careful with generalizations.
    05-31-14 02:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    Especially a physical keyboard the width of the Windermere, it will be probably the most superior typing experience on a phone that exists in the market today. Maybe for the average consumer that may not matter so much but the enterprise market of which email is the primary purpose for a smartphone it could be a game changer.
    05-31-14 02:58 PM
    Especially a physical keyboard the width of the Windermere, it will be probably the most superior typing experience on a phone that exists in the market today. Maybe for the average consumer that may not matter so much but the enterprise market of which email is the primary purpose for a smartphone it could be a game changer.
    Yes.This device should trump all others in email experience and browsing. Typing not to mention. Ideally a business user will buy this without second thoughts

05-31-14 09:32 PM
    I am not sure the world wants a phone that is short and wide.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 01:22 AM
    It will be amazing device, exactly like a passport, they must release before ip6

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 04:42 AM
    Another point. I think BlackBerry need to release ALL their devices during a time when Apple isn't releasing anything.
    I agree completely. Release of any new BlackBerry device anywhere near the date of iPhone 6 will be totally drowned out by the iPhone buzz. Especially in North America. The media will be all over iPhone 6's release like Mardi Gras. BlackBerry will be likely ignored, and likely scoffed at by many media outlets.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 05:28 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry should put a few adds out when apple releases their new phone reminding the people of how the last time they upgraded to a new Apple non of their old accessories would work with their new phone. I know it really pissed a lot of people off. I know a lot of people were swearing up and down that they would never buy Apple after that.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 04:31 PM
    Q30 to launch right before iphone 6 is a great idea to me and I believe its gonna happen like it or not.

Its a high risk strategy sure but it "could" yield some returns.

If I was blackBerry marketing this is what ill be selling:

The Q30 is the only large screened physical qwerty phone in the market, innovative gestureable keyboard together with a 4.5inch UHD 450dpi screen, quad core cpu, expandable memory, renowned BlackBerry security with 98% of android app compatibility.

BlackBerry OS 10.3 would be icing on the cake.

A truly unique proposition amidst the sea of full touch phones available in the market.

Iphone 6 is just going to be a slightly larger iphone 5s with probably an additional gimmick feature like a heart beat monitor.

Dmessenger and toneytone like this.
    06-01-14 04:54 PM
    Q30 to launch right before iphone 6 is a great idea to me and I believe its gonna happen like it or not.

Its a high risk strategy sure but it "could" yield some returns.

If I was blackBerry marketing this is what ill be selling:

The Q30 is the only large screened physical qwerty phone in the market, innovative gestureable keyboard together with a 4.5inch UHD 450dpi screen, quad core cpu, expandable memory, renowned BlackBerry security with 98% of android app compatibility.

BlackBerry OS 10.3 would be icing on the cake.

A truly unique proposition amidst the sea of full touch phones available in the market.

Iphone 6 is just going to be a slightly larger iphone 5s with probably an additional gimmick feature like a heart beat monitor.

And the Q10 was the best physical qwerty keyboard and look where that took them lol

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 07:38 PM
122 12345