Why do people think q30 and z50 is coming out this year. It just isn't so stop saying it is.

Posted via white z30
    The q30 is coming out this year. It's been strongly suggested. Dont think the Z50 or whatever is though.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 02:04 PM
    Z50 is a rumor someone made up though, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-29-14 02:15 PM
    Z50 is a rumor someone made up though, right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    There are some evidence that BlackBerry is working on a 2560 x 1440 resolution device but that's the only thing we know so far. I don't think we even know if the project is still going on or cancelled.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 02:17 PM
    Why do people think q30 and z50 is coming out this year. It just isn't so stop saying it is.

Posted via white z30
    It's confirmed that a 1440p device is coming this year and that would be the Q30.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    05-29-14 02:21 PM
    I think that they keyboard market is steadily declining anyway. I think that like me, as keyboard users try soft keyboards and see the advantages that they will make the switch.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    I'm not so sure. The Q10 forum has a fair number of former full touch users who returned to Q. I'm one of them, having used a Z10 and an S4. And I'm very interested in the Q30.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    05-29-14 02:36 PM
    Don't think releasing before or after the iPhone makes a difference. But releasing in September and having a device out for the Christmas season would be better than launch the "classic" in Nov.
    05-29-14 02:36 PM
    You're right!

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 02:38 PM
    Don't think releasing before or after the iPhone makes a difference. But releasing in September and having a device out for the Christmas season would be better than launch the "classic" in Nov.
    Exactly right. There is a reason to release it in fall. However, that reason isn't tied to the release of the iPhone. It's tied to the American Thanksgiving shopping day.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-29-14 03:14 PM
    So true. If people think that physical keyboard phones are going to wow back people from other brands then they are seriously deluding themselves here. As much as I like BlackBerry I won't ever go back to a physical keyboard phone ever again, so if BlackBerry do stop with full touch phones and concentrate just on the small niche keyboard phones then it is bye-bye BlackBerry for me.
    BlackBerry's future lies in differentiating themselves from competitors, not trying to beat them at their own game with 1 one hundredth of the funding and one 50th of the market share.

Full screen BlackBerry phones won't lure anyone back from other platforms. BlackBerry already makes excellent full touch devices that landed in the market with a resounding thud.

So let's agree that nothing will bring users from other platforms back to BlackBerry and move on from there... which is my way of saying "it doesn't matter one bit if BlackBerry releases devices the day before, day of, or day after the iPhone, because the customers are not interchangeable." they can announce it any time and ship it within a few weeks of that announcement and just best to not do it on the same day as apple or they'll get lost in the noise.

Show me someone who "can't decide" between an iPhone and a BB10 device and I'll show you someone who should make the safe bet and buy an iPhone.

BlackBerry is either in your blood or it isn't.

"do. or do not. there is no try."
    Last edited by RyanGermann; 05-29-14 at 03:42 PM.
    acovey likes this.
    05-29-14 03:30 PM
    Exactly right. There is a reason to release it in fall. However, that reason isn't tied to the release of the iPhone. It's tied to the American Thanksgiving shopping day.

Most large purchases are planned out long before the end of November. Last year Wal-Mart brought back the "holiday" Lay-away program Ran from the middle of September until the middle of December. Now I don't expect very many people put phones on Lay-away (who knows), but this give you an idea of when people start budgeting.... That is why you see a number of new electronic devices release in the August time frame.
    05-29-14 03:30 PM
    qwerty and large screen are hard to mate.
    05-29-14 03:33 PM
    Most large purchases are planned out long before the end of November. Last year Wal-Mart brought back the "holiday" Lay-away program Ran from the middle of September until the middle of December. Now I don't expect very many people put phones on Lay-away (who knows), but this give you an idea of when people start budgeting.... That is why you see a number of new electronic devices release in the August time frame.
    Didn't know that. Still remains that as you said the Q30 release is for the Christmas shopping season, not the iPhone 6.

05-29-14 03:34 PM
    Q20/classic will be release after the Q30/windermere why?

Q20 is targeted to a very specific crowd. The tool belt lovers and BBOS die hards. If they are still hanging on to their BBOS devices chances are they are not going anywhere. Also they are probably rushing for the finishing touches of the modified for tool belt 10.3.1

The Q30/windermere is to compete in the september launches before christmas and the reason for this is simple. The Q30 is a unique proposition in a market of full touch screened phones. It has a fancy keyboard AND a large high resolution screen. I know a few people into that for sure.

I think its capable of winning "a few" would be iphone 6 buyers.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    05-29-14 03:53 PM
    Do you honestly think Android users are going to be tempted away by a QWERTY phone? When I hear tempting users away I'm thinking full touch device.

Posted via CB10
    No, speaking for myself, if a phone manufacturer were to give away a bacon sandwich with their new flagship device or at the very least, a pack of sausages, they would tempt me quite easily. Maybe if BlackBerry employed this tactic, some market share could be regained. It's even open to regional variations like Bratwurst in Germany or Samosa in India. Perhaps a bowl of Goulash in Hungary or a wheel of Camembert in France or maybe some cocaine in LA. What do you guys think?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141 O2 UK
    05-29-14 03:55 PM
    <<[QUOTE=Q10Nutter;10408554]Actually I have spoken to lots of professionals and most of them said they wont mind going back to a qwerty if the device has a large screen and feels good in the hands.>>

I agree. Many of my business contacts in Europe admit they miss the physical keyboard for productivity. But they're not impressed with the small screen when I show it to them (I have a Q10). Doesn't bother me that much as I use mine mainly for communicating. But I admit I'd be all over a bigger screen and it could well tempt back some professionals who used to use BBs before and want productivity AND the big screen.
    05-29-14 04:38 PM
    [QUOTE=Ascumbas;10408994]<<
    Actually I have spoken to lots of professionals and most of them said they wont mind going back to a qwerty if the device has a large screen and feels good in the hands.>>

I agree. Many of my business contacts in Europe admit they miss the physical keyboard for productivity. But they're not impressed with the small screen when I show it to them (I have a Q10). Doesn't bother me that much as I use mine mainly for communicating. But I admit I'd be all over a bigger screen and it could well tempt back some professionals who used to use BBs before and want productivity AND the big screen.
    4.5 inch 1:1 qwerty ? Is that big enough lol

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    05-29-14 04:44 PM
    Will Q30 arrive before iPhone 6 release on September 19th??

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    Do you really think it will make a difference? The people who buy iPhones as soon as they come out aren't going to be swayed by a qwerty phone.
    05-29-14 05:10 PM
    qwerty and large screen are hard to mate.
    How do you know? It's never been tried before so let's wait and see.
    Personally I like what I have seen so far and BlackBerry has already taken my money.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 05:11 PM
    Unless you're male lol. Then those purchases happen on Dec. 24th.
    RodolfoAP and mjdimer like this.
    05-29-14 06:09 PM
    Do you really think it will make a difference? The people who buy iPhones as soon as they come out aren't going to be swayed by a qwerty phone.
    Totally agree. That's exactly what I said earlier.

05-29-14 06:36 PM
    Absolutely. Nobody with an iPhone or Android is going to be tempted back by a keyboard phone. If they wanted keyboards they wouldn't have left BlackBerry in the first place.

If they want to tempt people back to BlackBerry from other platforms it will through a touch device.

I definitely didn't leave blackberry because I didn't want a physical keyboard phone

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 07:02 PM
    I definitely didn't leave blackberry because I didn't want a physical keyboard phone

Posted via CB10
    But most people did. They wanted a bigger screen, and the way to get that is through a touch screen.

05-29-14 07:04 PM
    But most people did. They wanted a bigger screen, and the way to get that is through a touch screen.

Agreed

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 07:08 PM
    No. Not that there is no point in the release time. Only that the release time isn't in some way linked to the iPhone release.

Yes. Delaying the Q30 would not have a major effect, because it doesn't compete against the iPhone.

The Q30 is for a very small niche market, composed of mainly die hard BlackBerry fans who like keyboards. I can't see many of them dropping BlackBerry for another OS since nobody else offers a keyboard phone.

It will compete against iphone for sure.Not about head to head, but for a business user like me and my busy colleagues who all got an ip5 last year since they were fed up with 9900.I showed my q10 and they liked everything but small and dim screen. There are many professionals who will ditch theirr iphones aand will come back to BlackBerry if q30 launches on time.

See..its not the iphone fanatics I am speaking about,but the old business user base who relied on BlackBerry 3 years ago.Why can't BlackBerry give them a chance to come back?????

05-29-14 08:34 PM
    Actually I have spoken to lots of professionals and most of them said they wont mind going back to a qwerty if the device has a large screen and feels good in the hands.

How many full touch users you know use 1 hand to type? Using the index finger?

Most of my friends cannot double thumb on a full touch screen especially the iphone.

I think the Q30 could appeal to "SOME" of the market and that means more than just us BlackBerry die hards.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    +1

05-29-14 08:36 PM
122 1234 ...