Will Q30 arrive before iPhone 6 release on September 19th??

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    Last edited by Elite1; 05-29-14 at 03:52 PM.
    05-29-14 01:05 AM
    Strategically launching windermere before iphone 6 would be beneficial.

I am pretty sure blackberry is crazy busy at this time.

Working on Project ion, blackberry fuse, Blackberry Blend, BES12, 10.3, Q30 windermere, Q20 classic, Z3 LTE and 10.3.1 for all other devices.

Dont forget they are a much smaller in work force than they used to be.
    05-29-14 02:26 AM
    Strategically launching windermere before iphone 6 would be beneficial.

I am pretty sure blackberry is crazy busy at this time.

Working on Project ion, blackberry fuse, Blackberry Blend, BES12, 10.3, Q30 windermere, Q20 classic, Z3 LTE and 10.3.1 for all other devices.

Dont forget they are a much smaller in work force than they used to be.
    But more focused and working on way less devices.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    05-29-14 02:42 AM
    no it won't
    05-29-14 03:15 AM
    It seems november is the month.

05-29-14 03:34 AM
    It seems november is the month.

No , November is when the Classic (official 10. 3.1) is supposed to come out. Windermere supposedly will come out before it (with official 10. 3.0.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    RodolfoAP likes this.
    05-29-14 06:42 AM
    No , November is when the Classic (official 10. 3.1) is supposed to come out. Windermere supposedly will come out before it (with official 10. 3.0.)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    That's perfect. Let's hope BlackBerry adhere to the time line

05-29-14 08:32 AM
    Q30 isn't meant to compete with the iPhone, is it?

I'd think that since the Q30 is a keyboard phone that BlackBerry wouldn't care too much about releasing it at the same time as the iPhone 6.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-29-14 10:40 AM

I'd think that since the Q30 is a keyboard phone that BlackBerry wouldn't care too much about releasing it at the same time as the iPhone 6.

Pretty sure the Q30 is to compete with the iPhone 6 and the high end android because Chen said we are releasing a device that will tempt others to switch to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 10:43 AM
    Pretty sure the Q30 is to compete with the iPhone 6 and the high end android because Chen said we are releasing a device that will tempt others to switch to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Do you honestly think Android users are going to be tempted away by a QWERTY phone? When I hear tempting users away I'm thinking full touch device.

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg and dusdal like this.
    05-29-14 10:51 AM
    Do you honestly think Android users are going to be tempted away by a QWERTY phone? When I hear tempting users away I'm thinking full touch device.

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely. Nobody with an iPhone or Android is going to be tempted back by a keyboard phone. If they wanted keyboards they wouldn't have left BlackBerry in the first place.

If they want to tempt people back to BlackBerry from other platforms it will through a touch device.

05-29-14 10:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think that's the next flagship touch. Not the Q30.

LP_Rigg likes this.
    05-29-14 10:56 AM

Posted via CB10
    So true. If people think that physical keyboard phones are going to wow back people from other brands then they are seriously deluding themselves here. As much as I like BlackBerry I won't ever go back to a physical keyboard phone ever again, so if BlackBerry do stop with full touch phones and concentrate just on the small niche keyboard phones then it is bye-bye BlackBerry for me.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    LP_Rigg and mkelley65 like this.
    05-29-14 11:01 AM
    So true. If people think that physical keyboard phones are going to wow back people from other brands then they are seriously deluding themselves here. As much as I like BlackBerry I won't ever go back to a physical keyboard phone ever again, so if BlackBerry do stop with full touch phones and concentrate just on the small niche keyboard phones then it is bye-bye BlackBerry for me.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    Unfortunately, I'm with you. And I'm surprised to be saying that bit it's true.

I was a huge fan of the keyboard and never thought I'd be moving to a touch device. But after owning the Z10, I'll never go back. The BlackBerry soft keyboard isn't perfect but it is way better than any other soft keyboard I've used.

More importantly when I'm not using the keyboard I have a much bigger screen.

If BlackBerry were ever to leave the touch market I'd have to say goodbye. I don't know what I would go to since I don't like the iPhone and Android security worries me, but I'll never go back to a keyboard phone.

05-29-14 11:08 AM
    The months are zooming by quickly. Here we are, already at the end of May. I'd suggest that BlackBerry would need to move now to properly release said device for September.

Marketing is now CRUCIAL!?'

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Elite1 likes this.
    05-29-14 11:20 AM
    im still thinking that this is highly niche device. i dont even think many of the current q10/q5 owners will move to this device.
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    05-29-14 11:36 AM
    Absolutely. Nobody with an iPhone or Android is going to be tempted back by a keyboard phone. If they wanted keyboards they wouldn't have left BlackBerry in the first place.

If they want to tempt people back to BlackBerry from other platforms it will through a touch device.

But perhaps the Q30 will be so good, that they will come back for a keyboard device..

Posted via my french Q10
    05-29-14 11:45 AM
    im still thinking that this is highly niche device. i dont even think many of the current q10/q5 owners will move to this device.
    I agree... it's going to be an acquired taste... but, not sure how many out there are really willing to give it a try.
    05-29-14 11:45 AM
    I have the Q10 since late April. I had a 9900 before and my plan back then was too keep the 9900 until January 2015, to buy the Q20 or Q30.
    But my 9900 was dying, the battery didn't last more than one day, I had too much bug on it, it was dying. So I have take the Q10, to be familiar with the new OS, and then at January 2015, I will take the Q30.
    And if blackberry didn't plan to commercialize the Q20 or Q30, I would have buy the Q10 way before.
    The Q30 will be the next high-end device, if he deliver the expectation I think many of keyboard user will switch.

Posted via my french Q10
    05-29-14 11:53 AM
    But perhaps the Q30 will be so good, that they will come back for a keyboard device..

Posted via my french Q10
    I highly doubt that. It could be the best phone ever, and I won't buy it. I live having a bigger screen when I'm not typing and quote frankly the BlackBerry soft keyboard is so good that I see no reason to ever want to switch back.

05-29-14 11:58 AM
    That's my thoughts as well.

I think that they keyboard market is steadily declining anyway. I think that like me, as keyboard users try soft keyboards and see the advantages that they will make the switch.

05-29-14 12:00 PM

As per your logic it seems there is no point in the release time of q30 as no iphone or android is coming up with a qwerty device any time soon and BlackBerry can release anytime they decide.

Does that mean BlackBerry delaying q30 won't have any effect. This is a flagship device and for sure it will compete against the other high end phones.

05-29-14 12:20 PM
    As per your logic it seems there is no point in the release time of q30 as no iphone or android is coming up with a qwerty device any time soon and BlackBerry can release anytime they decide.
    No. Not that there is no point in the release time. Only that the release time isn't in some way linked to the iPhone release.

Does that mean BlackBerry delaying q30 won't have any effect. This is a flagship device and for sure it will compete against the other high end phones.
    Yes. Delaying the Q30 would not have a major effect, because it doesn't compete against the iPhone.

The Q30 is for a very small niche market, composed of mainly die hard BlackBerry fans who like keyboards. I can't see many of them dropping BlackBerry for another OS since nobody else offers a keyboard phone.

05-29-14 12:51 PM
    Why do people think q30 and z50 is coming out this year. It just isn't so stop saying it is.

Posted via white z30
    05-29-14 01:48 PM
    Actually I have spoken to lots of professionals and most of them said they wont mind going back to a qwerty if the device has a large screen and feels good in the hands.

How many full touch users you know use 1 hand to type? Using the index finger?

Most of my friends cannot double thumb on a full touch screen especially the iphone.

I think the Q30 could appeal to "SOME" of the market and that means more than just us BlackBerry die hards.

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    Dmessenger likes this.
    05-29-14 01:52 PM
122 123 ...