They use bands 1700/2100.
    11-01-14 01:42 PM
    Yes the passport works on wind.

The data speeds are holding back it's potential but the call quality is unreal!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 01:53 PM
    On Wind Mobile with no issue at all.
    11-01-14 04:48 PM
    +1 on wind mobile as well

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    anon(870071) likes this.
    11-01-14 04:51 PM
    I'm on Wind. The speed isn't bad at all. Wind recently upgraded their network to dual HSPA with speed of up to 42 mbps. I can stream an HD video from youtube with no problem on my Passport.

Yes the passport works on wind.

The data speeds are holding back it's potential but the call quality is unreal!

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 07:52 PM
    +1 for Wind... I'm on it too
    11-01-14 08:07 PM
    I really could care less about speed I just made the speed to make sure I don't spend 700 on a phone that wouldn't work on my network hopefully I can buy this soon
    11-01-14 08:07 PM
    I'm on Wind. The speed isn't bad at all. Wind recently upgraded their network to dual HSPA with speed of up to 42 mbps. I can stream an HD video from youtube with no problem on my Passport.
    Yes. I have my Rogers simcard and bought a WND simcard to try it out because of unlimited data for 35 dollars a month and in US for 15 dollars a month.
    Speed on WIND in Toronto is almost as good as on Rogers. I often listen to radio or live HDTV (BBC World News) driving to and from work. I use my Passport as a radio, TV or music player when I drive. No problem driving at 50-80 km/hour and receiving high quality video on WIND.
    And no.. I do not watch TV when I drive, only listen to it. The passenger can watch.
    11-01-14 08:44 PM
    If you live in the city it is fine but most professional people live in houses which are outside of the cities like me and as soon as you cross mississauga forget even loading a Web page on the phone and then when you hey hoke you hardly have cell signal and it drains the battery like no tomorrow, I would rather spend 70$ on a limited plan but still have proper service and I mean I get around 25-30 minimum

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 08:48 PM
    Full bars of 4G on WIND in windsor, ontario

Will passport work with wind?-img_20141102_003201.png

Will passport work with wind?-img_20141102_003307.png

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    11-01-14 11:34 PM
    Protip, while on Wind change the radio to 3G and 4G only because Wind does not support 2G

Passport on Wind
    11-01-14 11:42 PM
    You know I actually see the speed difference now..Before steaming an HD video on YouTube would take forever.

Btw: do you know when wind updated their speed?

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Passport on 10.3.0.908
    11-02-14 12:33 AM
    Protip, while on Wind change the radio to 3G and 4G only because Wind does not support 2G

Passport on Wind
    Correct WIND does not support 2G here in Canada, but while roaming in the US it does connect to the EDGE network when 3G signal is not found

My protip

Posted via my game changer BlackBerry Passport
    11-02-14 08:10 AM
    If you live in the city it is fine but most professional people live in houses which are outside of the cities like me and as soon as you cross mississauga forget even loading a Web page on the phone and then when you hey hoke you hardly have cell signal and it drains the battery like no tomorrow, I would rather spend 70$ on a limited plan but still have proper service and I mean I get around 25-30 minimum

Posted via CB10
    I am a professional live in Bowmanville with great coverage on Wind Mobile and save a bundle. Was a Rogers customer. I guess everyone needs are different.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 08:57 AM
    Passport works even if you have diarrhoea.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    11-02-14 09:22 AM
    ^^^^ Good point guygardner73 I was wondering about that
    Now for those of you who are in the Greater Toronto Area, how is winds reception out on the fringes in an industrial area. Is it better now or do you still need to run outside to get a call?
    11-02-14 09:59 AM
    You could stream HD YouTube videos with a good connection on a 5mbit line. I'm all for fast cell service but find it laughable when friends and coworkers think they need LTE for their Facebook and youtube

Posted via CB10
    11-02-14 10:14 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Wind is good only if you live inside their coverage area. If that fits you, can save a bundle and not get ripped-off by the Robelus cartel.
    Works great for me. I am inside their coverage area 90% of the time, and the other 10%, in the US under their unlimited US plan for $15.
    11-02-14 03:18 PM
    Wind is good only if you live inside their coverage area. If that fits you, can save a bundle and not get ripped-off by the Robelus cartel.
    Works great for me. I am inside their coverage area 90% of the time, and the other 10%, in the US under their unlimited US plan for $15.
    Yes, but please be warned that once you reach 1Gbyte of data use in US on a WIND plan they cut your speed down to 200Kb/s. I had a discussion about that with the WIND rep who acknowledged that they do it after 1Gbyte. They should not advertise it as unlimited in US.
    Otherwise, it is fine but not as good as Rogers inside buildings, elevators, or underground parking.
    11-02-14 08:17 PM
    Yes, but please be warned that once you reach 1Gbyte of data use in US on a WIND plan they cut your speed down to 200Kb/s. I had a discussion about that with the WIND rep who acknowledged that they do it after 1Gbyte. They should not advertise it as unlimited in US.
    Otherwise, it is fine but not as good as Rogers inside buildings, elevators, or underground parking.
    That is a fair limit that I may never push. Free wifi is common place in the US. But for $15, that was the cost of two roaming calls in the US when I was with Rogers.
    Last edited by homl; 11-03-14 at 10:49 AM.
    11-03-14 03:08 AM
    In my apartment building elevators no problem.
    11-03-14 10:12 AM